Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

3 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

But we openly trade with companies who exploit & profit from their prison system....

& I disagree that we have no issues here. It's just not on the same scale as the U.S.

But it's better being heard by folk who've experienced it - rather than it coming from people like me. Folk like Akala are well worth a watch or read. But I've said that before.

We all buy things from companies and corporations that will have questionable ethics. Even you will. 

we don’t know the inner workings of these businesses and never will. So unless you are living from an allotment in a far flung off grid corner of the world with no interaction with humanity then you will be buying from companies like this. That’s a fact mate. 

I have never said we don’t have issues relating to racism. I’ve seen as we all have examples of it on social media. We also have an issue of racism against white people from minorities I would say. But that gets no air time. As it’s not fashionable.  

We don’t have the scale of issues of America. We don’t live in America. So we should’nt be using their challenges as a blueprint for ours as they aren’t comparable. Not even close. 

sooner people realise this and stop virtue signaling (not you) then the better. 

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

We all buy things from companies and corporations that will have questionable ethics. Even you will. 

we don’t know the inner workings of these businesses and never will. So unless you are living from an allotment in a far flung off grid corner of the world with no interaction with humanity then you will be buying from companies like this. That’s a fact mate. 

I have never said we don’t have issues relating to racism. I’ve seen as we all have examples of it on social media. We also have an issue of racism against white people from minorities I would say. But that gets no air time. As it’s not fashionable.  

We don’t have the scale of issues of America. We don’t live in America. So we should’nt be using their challenges as a blueprint for ours as they aren’t comparable. Not even close. 

sooner people realise this and stop virtue signaling (not you) then the better. 

Aye it's a minefield & it's impossible to navigate it... But we could be stricter with some companies & not include those who operate in the US prison system in the big trade deals.

Agree that racism to white people is all too often ignored & it's damaging to the cause to ignore it.

45 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

How do you know we don't? Have you stereotyped everyone?

38 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Its not always easy to put across irony and sarcasm.

It was a joke as TMGJ has highlighted. Read back @athywhite1958 on an encounter between NiC and @Rudy and it will become more apparent. 

4 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

I didn't say it was....

This article has some decent examples of what the definition applies to - https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/613324/

I used the word systemic racism in the last post... You can find it everywhere in America - we've got much better - but still work to do.

Rewind sir....you said systematic racism exists here and in the US.....make your mind up fella

LW memo to oneself - please remember what was posted whilst on the lash 🥂😉

6 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Shame we don’t have any men of colour on here and we are all just white middle aged men. Would be nice to add some diversity to our group 😁

About 15 years ago - I pretended I was black on here (or maybe rivals) for a while just to shut some racists up. Incredible how quickly they slink off when they get called out.

And that's not that long ago for people to be being outwardly racist on a football forum if you think about it.

Actually does that mean I was basically 'digitally blackfacing' or was I ok to identify however I liked and therefore being a woke pioneer? Fuck knows anymore - it's all too confusing! :)

working today for once thro this crap , had to wait for a job at dinner time,

pillock, J VINE on radio 2 did a bit about how we should be ashamed of our past with slavery

had a Nigerean lass talking about her great grand father about how proud she was that he protected  her people but sold people into slavery mainly to Brazil and Cuba and only died in the last century

Next guest was a British apologist ashamed of her ancestry due to slavery in Africa from the Indian sub continent. Her sister had given her a photo album of her grandad with slaves building railways plus photos of Colson with her family

Edward Colson died in 1721

the first publishable photoghraphs appeared in 1896

the first railway ran from Manchester to Liverpool in 1830

Coulson and the slave trade is a massive part of Black British history. Undeniably abhorrent as it was at the time - he's the reason a lot of people were born here. In a country that the vast majority of BAME British people take some pride in.

We somehow have to get the two of those things to reconcile. 

40 minutes ago, crawshawbooth said:

working today for once thro this crap , had to wait for a job at dinner time,

pillock, J VINE on radio 2 did a bit about how we should be ashamed of our past with slavery

had a Nigerean lass talking about her great grand father about how proud she was that he protected  her people but sold people into slavery mainly to Brazil and Cuba and only died in the last century

Next guest was a British apologist ashamed of her ancestry due to slavery in Africa from the Indian sub continent. Her sister had given her a photo album of her grandad with slaves building railways plus photos of Colson with her family

Edward Colson died in 1721

the first publishable photoghraphs appeared in 1896

the first railway ran from Manchester to Liverpool in 1830

The Colson photo is obviously bollocks.

The others are entirely possible

• Site Supporter
11 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Coulson and the slave trade is a massive part of Black British history. Undeniably abhorrent as it was at the time - he's the reason a lot of people were born here. In a country that the vast majority of BAME British people take some pride in.

Yep.

Found out only last week that my Gran who was born in Glasgow,  was from a family that went to Scotland from Ireland. 

My nan, on the other hand was born in Levenshulme, to Welsh parents. 

Would be odd for me to start kicking off about activities carried out many decades ago. Wrong as they may have been, they arguably shaped my existence!

1 hour ago, kent_white said:

Yep. If it wasn’t for him and the empire, we’d all be white, ginger and eating turnips.