Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

1 minute ago, Boby Brno said:

Yep. If it wasnโ€™t for him and the empire, weโ€™d all be white, ginger and eating turnips.ย 

You could argue that wishing the empire and the slave trade never happened is effectively the same as wanting to 'send the buggers back'

1 minute ago, kent_white said:

You could argue that wishing the empire and the slave trade never happened is effectively the same as wanting to 'send the buggers back'

Correct. Our multi cultural society is a result of our history. Thinking logically, itโ€™s the racists who should be denouncing our past.ย 
Itโ€™s a mixed up,ย muddled up world, shook up world. (Lola)

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, mickbrown said:

The Colson photo is obviously bollocks.
ย 

The others are entirely possible

It is possible but once sheโ€™s exaggerated something to further her point then itโ€™s clear she almost wants to be upset about something.

11 hours ago, MickyD said:

It is possible but once sheโ€™s exaggerated something to further her point then itโ€™s clear she almost wants to be upset about something.

Thing is Mick ,why dosent bell end Jeremy Vine put his brain in gear and pull her up on it

FFS can you imagine his salary

he is so fucking thick i am amazed he actually makes it into work everyday

unless they just keep him in a box under the stairs with Nicky Cambell and tell them what to say

On 24/07/2020 at 15:19, miamiwhite said:

Rewind sir....you said systematic racism exists here and in the US.....make your mind up fella

LW memo to oneself - please remember what was posted whilst on the lash ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿ˜‰

What are you waffling on about ya fannyย ๐Ÿ˜

I've just been back and checked my last couple of posts to you and I used the word 'systemic' in both.ย 

I'm not accusing Britain of being a racist country. I don't even think it's a simple as going around saying this country is racist and this country isn't.ย But there is a tendency for folk to get defensive when you claim it still exists in some institutions here.

We're not the U.S of course - but that doesn't mean we're perfect and that we don't have work to do.ย 

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

What are you waffling on about ya fannyย ๐Ÿ˜

I've just been back and checked my last couple of posts to you and I used the word 'systemic' in both.ย 

I'm not accusing Britain of being a racist country. I don't even think it's a simple as going around saying this country is racist and this country isn't.ย But there is a tendency for folk to get defensive when you claim it still exists in some institutions here.

We're not the U.S of course - but that doesn't mean we're perfect and that we don't have work to do.ย 

Stick to your buckfast you whopper ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

On 24/07/2020 at 21:18, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Yep.

Found out only last week that my Gran who was born in Glasgow,ย  was from a family that went to Scotland from Ireland.ย 

My nan, on the other hand was born in Levenshulme, to Welsh parents.ย 

Would be odd for me to start kicking off about activities carried out many decades ago. Wrong as they may have been, they arguably shaped my existence!

Yeah but those events to your distant family donโ€™t still echoย today on your life so youโ€™re more likely to be followed by security around a shop, less likely to get a job etc etc

if you were black they wouldย 

3 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Yeah but those events to your distant family donโ€™t still echoย today on your life so youโ€™re more likely to be followed by security around a shop, less likely to get a job etc etc

if you were black they wouldย 

Stop inventing false notions FFS

• Site Supporter

I know, letโ€™s ask someone about the effect of skin colour on job prospects. Who to ask though, a roofer or an employment agency exec?ย 
ย 

Sorry, Si, Iโ€™m with Jules on this one.

2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

I know, letโ€™s ask someone about the effect of skin colour on job prospects. Who to ask though, a roofer or an employment agency exec?ย 
ย 

Fair point Micky , but Jules said some folk would be less likely to get a job etc......

My point was Lewis Hamilton, did his colour stop him doing well ?

Did it bollocks. Most on here have already agreed wholly that it's the best person for the job.

9 minutes ago, MickyD said:

ย 

Going back to this Micky.....in your judgement then, you make it out roofers are clearly just clued up on roofing then withย no life experience or general knowledge other than roofing ?

I thought you knew me much better than that fella.

Oh before the usual bullshit re put the bottle down is spoken, I was working on Biggish Dave's house until 6pm tonight, Dave will verify this and also verify I turned down his kind request for a beer after we had finished.

Thank you and goodnight.

• Site Supporter

You take things too personally. Youโ€™ve already quoted the โ€œbest man for the jobโ€ mantra. By those rules, Iโ€™ll talk roofing with you and jobs with Jules. We canโ€™t have it both ways, can we?

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Going back to this Micky.....in your judgement then, you make it out roofers are clearly just clued up on roofing then withย no life experience or general knowledge other than roofing ?

I thought you knew me much better than that fella.

Oh before the usual bullshit re put the bottle down is spoken, I was working on Biggish Dave's house until 6pm tonight, Dave will verify this and also verify I turned down his kind request for a beer after we had finished.

Thank you and goodnight.

Correct - worked like dogs (if Iโ€™m allowed to say that), and done a cracking job.

8 minutes ago, MickyD said:

You take things too personally. Youโ€™ve already quoted the โ€œbest man for the jobโ€ mantra. By those rules, Iโ€™ll talk roofing with you and jobs with Jules. We canโ€™t have it both ways, can we?

Utter shit pal and you know it. Your analogy has nothing to do whatsoever with the best person getting the job, as has been roundly agreed with on here as you know full well