Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

TBF to Miami if someone asks for an example where a case was not covered and he comes up with one that they apologised for not giving coverage to you have to say it is an example. Pretending it is not is strange behaviour. 

I think the BBC are the most neutral news source you will find btw. 

14 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

it's not, that link is from the 2nd trial on 2nd October 2006 - the wiki link mentions 18 days, but that link is def the first day of the 2nd trial - so not sure what's going on there

here's a link from the first trial in 2004 - dated Nov 5th - but dunno what day the trial started

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3986241.stm

They must be referring to TV coverage

14 minutes ago, Ani said:

TBF to Miami if someone asks for an example where a case was not covered and he comes up with one that they apologised for not giving coverage to you have to say it is an example. Pretending it is not is strange behaviour. 

Thank you kind sir, I'm glad you see my point. Though I'm not calling the others strange 😕 🤔 😐 😳 

20 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

it's not, that link is from the 2nd trial on 2nd October 2006 - the wiki link mentions 18 days, but that link is def the first day of the 2nd trial - so not sure what's going on there

here's a link from the first trial in 2004 - dated Nov 5th - but dunno what day the trial started

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3986241.stm

The 18 days definitely relates to TV coverage, I've just read the article again, it's confirmed in there

31 minutes ago, Ani said:

They covered it

4 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

FFS......What did they apologise for then ? Stop being pedantic and picky.

The original question was can you pick one that wasn't covered, not can you pick one that was covered but the 2nd trial a few years later was considered to be underplayed, as admitted by the organisation themselves. 

The conversation is around bias. I think we’re lucky to have the BBC, its pretty reliable, they're open to change, fairly transparent and they invite criticism. There's  hundreds of media outlets that are far more biased, because of how they're funded, who owns them, the influence of government, the lack of transparency. Plenty only report one side of the story, and openly mock or criticise those that don't. Who's better than tbe BBC?

Just now, peelyfeet said:

The original question was can you pick one that wasn't covered, not can you pick one that was covered but the 2nd trial a few years later was considered to be underplayed, as admitted by the organisation themselves. 

The conversation is around bias. I think we’re lucky to have the BBC, its pretty reliable, they're open to change, fairly transparent and they invite criticism. There's  hundreds of media outlets that are far more biased, because of how they're funded, who owns them, the influence of government, the lack of transparency. Plenty only report one side of the story, and openly mock or criticise those that don't. Who's better than tbe BBC?

Who's better ? The people who did cover the 2nd trial for 18 days and didn't apologise,  that's obvious who is better.

Anyway, I'll ask again.....what about the BBC reports on the actual murders of the other 3 I mentioned. Not murder trials but the murders. Thanks in advance Ducky as that is a further 3 I've asked for, as pertaining to the actaul question.

1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

Who's better ? The people who did cover the 2nd trial for 18 days and didn't apologise,  that's obvious who is better.

Anyway, I'll ask again.....what about the BBC reports on the actual murders of the other 3 I mentioned. Not murder trials but the murders. Thanks in advance Ducky as that is a further 3 I've asked for, as pertaining to the actaul question.

Who are they, where should I be going for my unbiased media coverage? I'm on a frigging  golf course in Kirkby lonsdale, I ain't got time to research 3 questions sarcy.

15 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Who are they, where should I be going for my unbiased media coverage? I'm on a frigging  golf course in Kirkby lonsdale, I ain't got time to research 3 questions sarcy.

But you have enough time to reply when you don't like the answer ? Priceless.

Go and look for your balls son 😄😄😄👍

10 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

But you have enough time to reply when you don't like the answer ? Priceless.

Go and look for your balls son 😄😄😄👍

Yep that's it. Sorry if I aint met your question answering criteria. You've just cost me a shotbon an easy par 3. I'll deal with you later. 

1 minute ago, peelyfeet said:

Yep that's it. Sorry if I aint met your question answering criteria. You've just cost me a shotbon an easy par 3. I'll deal with you later. 

Haha, I can't wait.......hope you hit balls harder fella 😃 🙂 😺 😻 

Don't let me get you rattled because you're unable to research properly........i know you can't resist looking 😏 

3 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

shall I add another relatively uncovered murder to the 3....then you can scream FORE....😉 

1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

shall I add another relatively uncovered murder to the 3....then you can scream FORE....😉 

Richard Everitt was killed in 1994. BBC online started reporting news in 1997, so there's not going to be any online reports, and fuck all comes up if I search richard everitt bbc, no complaints of lack of coverage. So what is it they are supposed to have done / not done.  I haven't got any videos of the 6 o'clock news from 26 years ago to gauge how it was reported on bbc news at the time.  I expect you're going to say something along the lines of "Stephen Lawrence's murder was given coverage". Am I right? 

Having a pint so not had chance to research the others yet. 

14 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Richard Everitt was killed in 1994. BBC online started reporting news in 1997, so there's not going to be any online reports, and fuck all comes up if I search richard everitt bbc, no complaints of lack of coverage. So what is it they are supposed to have done / not done.  I haven't got any videos of the 6 o'clock news from 26 years ago to gauge how it was reported on bbc news at the time.  I expect you're going to say something along the lines of "Stephen Lawrence's murder was given coverage". Am I right? 

Enjoy your beer.......amazing how archives fail to bring up Richard's murder isn't it ? 😒 🤔 

1 failure for you......2 to go ....

25 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Apologies for interrupting your lager and lime, ill save you research time.

You mostly likely hadn't heard of Ross Parker like many on here, especially if you have the need to research it. With me, it comes from a good memory on shocking abuses of MSM positions, please note the BBC's response once again. Even Yasmin Alibhai-Brown spoke up about it..........deary me, you lead a sheltered and biased life.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Ross_Parker

9 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Enjoy your beer.......amazing how archives fail to bring up Richard's murder isn't it ? 😒 🤔 

1 failure for you......2 to go ....

It's very sad, but I can't see how the BBC are to blame. My great  Gran was run over and killed by a hit an run Doctor on his way back from the pub in 1982, and he got off with it, didn't make any news anywhere at all. 

7 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

It's very sad, but I can't see how the BBC are to blame. My great  Gran was run over and killed by a hit an run Doctor on his way back from the pub in 1982, and he got off with it, didn't make any news anywhere at all. 

Does that mean I think it was a MSM cover up to protect Doctors. No. It wasn't a story for whatever reason. There's all sorts of crimes that have less coverage than others that are probably just as worthy.  Question is, do you think the BBC consciously chose to be biased in their reporting? 

I don't. 

There's 3 million political refugees and 84K children dead in Yemen since 2015, yet no mention of it on here, does that mean me and you are conciously biased because we havent started a thread on here about it? 

26 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

This place I'm sure had touched upon it, however it's not a main stream media outlet.

Fwiw, I don't see it as a huge problem, but that article is nevertheless quite eye opening.

I just don't get the criticism of BBC. I personally think they're the most reliable outlet, and they hold their hands up when they make errors.   The US  TV media and all our and their  newspapers are more biased either way IMO. I don't know where I'm supposed to be going to get fairer coverage. 

Edited by peelyfeet

55 minutes ago, peelyfeet said:

Does that mean I think it was a MSM cover up to protect Doctors. No. It wasn't a story for whatever reason. There's all sorts of crimes that have less coverage than others that are probably just as worthy.  Question is, do you think the BBC consciously chose to be biased in their reporting? 

I don't. 

There's 3 million political refugees and 84K children dead in Yemen since 2015, yet no mention of it on here, does that mean me and you are conciously biased because we havent started a thread on here about it? 

Talking to yourself fella ? Looks like you've had too many pints 

49 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

This place I'm sure had touched upon it, however it's not a main stream media outlet.

Fwiw, I don't see it as a huge problem, but that article is nevertheless quite eye opening.

Exactly mate, but pissed up peelyfeet thinks we are the wrong ones.

Note how he changes the subject when I prove the point re racist murders on white people ? If he wants more, he needs to research the Christopher Yates murder in London.

1 hour ago, peelyfeet said:

Sorry to hear about your gran, the exact thing happened to my aunt in 1992, made a few paragraphs in the local rag.

But they're totally different types of death and you know that full well. Both the drivers in our respective cases didn't intentionally go out to murder a person of the opposite colour.

Enjoy your drinks, speak tomorrow when you're sober