Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

I'm crying into my pillow mate. It's a tough old thread 😆❄️

Still no regrets over the Neo Nazi video then? 

You talk about the black community as if they're all pushing the same thing. Plenty black people are anti-BLM and don't think we should adopt the same race politics as the US, as it isn't relevant here. 

For what it's worth I'm not even an advocate of black history month. It should all be merged into history and not confined to one month. Plenty of people in the black community also feel this way if you bothered to really listen to them. And like @Youri McAnespiesaid - history should be about analysis and not just the regurgitation of facts. 

I am a complete advocate of BHM, and why its needed. Also add the bloke who lost his job at the FA this week, and I'd call that a hat trick. 

8 minutes ago, Boby Brno said:

https://www.historic-uk.com/HistoryUK/HistoryofEngland/The-Origins-of-the-Magna-Carta/

I didn’t do Latin at school I also didn’t do patronisation. 
I’m not sure who is right or who is wrong. I’m not sure anyone cares.

I didn't do the Latin stuff at school, but I'm certain the Cheese cares 😋 

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

Did you once tell me that Cheese was actually Ron, ex-landlord of Maxims, so I looked up what Maxim means, hey presto it must be Ron, and he is clever is Cheese isn't he? 😁

A maxim is a succinct formulation of a principle, rule, or basic truth about life. Usually clever, maxims are like great sayings everybody knows. A maxim sums up a fundamental principle or truth about something in a way that captures the imagination and gets repeated

Haha, I can't remember saying that mate, but Cheese definitely isn't Ron Lambton.

Bit before my drinking time but I understand he was so loathed around town he had to take a Maxim's bouncer as a minder whenever he had business around town.

I also heard, alledgedly, that loads of produce; fish, par-fry chips, kegs of ale, steaks etc. bought by Vaux went straight out of the back door and two doors down to his daughter's cafe - Goodfellas style.

Alledgedly.

Didn't mind it in there tbf - back in the day the one place in town you could have a pint with your full english breakfast at 9am.

The cafe I mean.

Burned down iirc and took Headhunters with it iirc.

😐

Edited by Youri McAnespie

Cliff worked The Old Three.

Perhaps when he'd had enough of Lambton's chicanery.

Maybe after he docked him a night's pay for turning up 3 minutes late?

He had form for that - no pay for the slightest mistake. In reality - duck's arse who resented paying wages.

Cliff always seemed a good sort - tolerant of us young balloons who meant no harm.

Glad you abstained from the slops pish, Mr Grey.

3 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

I am a complete advocate of BHM, and why its needed. Also add the bloke who lost his job at the FA this week, and I'd call that a hat trick. 

I used to be & definitely agree it's needed in the curriculum.

Worked in London this time 2 years ago & the school were big on BHM. Read a good book about The Windrush & had the author come in & chat to the class about it. 

My point was only that (imo) it doesn't have to be confined to one month a year. That usually ends up just being a week. Came to that conclusion after a couple of black teachers said they would like to see it more embedded in the curriculum throughout the year.

I'm not that owd @Mr Grey

Think I started supping out 1992 - fifteen year old but a big lad.

Was an old hand at being served at offies for street drinks and parties by then - used to buy for all the other assembled lads and lasses, for a small commision of course.

I'd sometime have to make two trips to shift the boxes - yup boxes, packed with booze, out of the shop.

This was around 1990.

If they genuinely thought I was 18...

Although I claimed that age when asked. Job done.

@Mr Grey

After about 2006 never had a night out unless with homebird mates and our respective girlfriends/wives and still mob-handed.

Turned it in (after 2006) after a night when some gillet clad 'roid bloated young cokehead cunt with an orange trophy girlfriend took a dislike to my mate. In The Swan.

The mate who's 19 stone and could've snapped him in two - but he's a peaceful pete - and he was shitfaced.

He then moved his fist aim to me - on Bradshawgate this is. I'd done fuck all.

I thought about dislocating his fucking knee then sticking the boot in - but...

Well, you breathe a minute and...

Thing was I'd long been preferring Manc by then, even though there was the odd obnoxious dust wanker pitching up and ruining everything - pound for pound though Bolton pissed all over Manc for abundance of pissed/coked up/'roid cunts.

Been out at night in town maybe thirty times in 15 years.

And mostly 'spoons or to eat.

Quite a few more short visits to Sweet Green after train back from a night match - that ain't town imo though.