Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

59 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Are they not both expressions against it?

How does a person in the stand express it other than booing? Turn their backs? Whatever they do they are going to be labeled racist it would appear 

Not at all in my opinion. I agree any view tends to be extreme at the moment but I think most rational people see a difference between respectfully declining to join in to going out of your way to boo it. You could argue that booing it will keep it here longer.

25 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

Booing allows folk to vent frustration, how else do they make it clear that they are sick to the back teeth of millionaire players virtue signalling about something that’s shoved down your throat every single day. 

I'm definitely booing the next time you post about your work for 'charidee' then.

30 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Well you should do. The filthy animal.

I love how supposed grown-ups are justifying booing as if life is one big pantomime.

if you dont agree with something then you should boo as loud as you can. Hahaha. Amazing 😂😂😂

Too be fair I thinking booing mushrooms is justified 

6 minutes ago, tomski said:

Not at all in my opinion. I agree any view tends to be extreme at the moment but I think most rational people see a difference between respectfully declining to join in to going out of your way to boo it. You could argue that booing it will keep it here longer.

I’m against it and I wouldn’t boo it as I don’t think it’s an appropriate thing to do. Doesn’t mean we should tell folk how they can and can’t express themselves though. And of course some are too simple to think of another way. 

23 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Again you seek to patronise somebody. Must be great being so much more intelligent? 

I struggle with arseholes. But I don’t struggle with the concept of somebody choosing a way to express themselves. Seems you do though. Never mind 

🤣🤣 good grief 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I’m against it and I wouldn’t boo it as I don’t think it’s an appropriate thing to do. Doesn’t mean we should tell folk how they can and can’t express themselves though. And of course some are too simple to think of another way. 

Too simple? I do hope that’s not you patronising anyone 

1 minute ago, Escobarp said:

I think we are in agreement here. I know that’s not popular on ww. I’ll boo myself first. 

Boooooooooo

Just now, Mr Grey said:

I think we can all agree 100% (all posters on WW) that racism has no place in football, sport and wider society.

But this thread has turned in to a game of who can be the least racist, and "look at me, I'm so diverse and LGBT friendly"

Cheese and DazBob joint winners, yeah 👍🏾

Nah that’s what Linkedin is for!

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I think we can all agree 100% (all posters on WW) that racism has no place in football, sport and wider society.

But this thread has turned in to a game of who can be the least racist, and "look at me, I'm so diverse and LGBT friendly"

Did I win the Fa cup ?

Does anyone seriously think that if the cause was 'Kick It Out' rather than BLM... that none of those booing would have a problem with it?

Was Marvin Sordell a marxist?

There's always an excuse... the reality is that people think that as long as they aren't going round shouting the n-word, there's no problem and can you just shut up about it please.

7 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I'd like to think so but if that's really the case, why have we got posters on here doing all sorts of mental gymnastics to justify booing a gesture that supports that very statement?

1 minute ago, Tombwfc said:

Does anyone seriously think that if the cause was 'Kick It Out' rather than BLM... that none of those booing would have a problem with it?

There's always an excuse... the reality is that people think that as long as they aren't going round shouting the n-word, there's no problem and can you just shut up about it please.

That's the thing it hasn't been "BLM" for nearly 6 months now :D

6 minutes ago, Tombwfc said:

If the cause was kick it out I very much doubt you would see any booing 

I’m sure the crowd would still have people in it tgat don’t agree with kick it out, but they would be in such a minority that they wouldn’t lodge a verbal protest 

We have had plenty kick it out campaigns previously that have been very well observed 

Had the BLM protests in the summer not upset so many with the vandalism and violence then perhaps that cause would have been given the same respect that kick it out has had previously

Unfortunately we will never know will we 

Edited by birch-chorley

28 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

Too simple? I do hope that’s not you patronising anyone 

No as im simple as well so am not expressing that they are inferior to me as you do. So I can’t be patronizing by definition.  You should know this being so smart

3 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

No as im simple as well so am not expressing that they are inferior to me as you do. So I can’t be patronizing by definition.  You should know this being so smart

You’re trying way to hard to be offended 

It’s an internet message board you big minge 🤣

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Excellent. Thanks.

Whats the opposite of a boo?

1 hour ago, birch-chorley said:

If the cause was kick it out I very much doubt you would see any booing 

I’m sure the crowd would still have people in it tgat don’t agree with kick it out, but they would be in such a minority that they wouldn’t lodge a verbal protest 

We have had plenty kick it out campaigns previously that have been very well observed 

Had the BLM protests in the summer not upset so many with the vandalism and violence then perhaps that cause would have been given the same respect that kick it out has had previously

Unfortunately we will never know will we 

Do you think players taking a knee before kick off is to solely show support to a political movement?

I don't.

Edit: Apologies, because I disagree with you I should boo you.

BOOOOOOOOOO!

Edited by DazBob
Missing a boo.