Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

2 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

The players take a knee to highlight racial inequality. It’s about anti-racism in sport. I can only think of one reason why individuals would boo that. The most abhorrent set of supporters in UK football, their reputation goes before them. Open your eyes, it’s indefensible.

Yes they have a reputation

but folk are bored by it so if they boo or turn backs doesn’t make them racists and it won’t just be millwall if it continues

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This will be my last post in this thread but here’s a story. When I was a kid I played football and I was decent, got a few player of the year trophies, I was fuckin rapid and scored goals for fu

Woah baby...Im not angry!  You say  "Thats where those boos come from. Misaligned cultural battles." Im saying they dont, and know for an absolute fact they dont. Ive been over why they

Help! Help! Somebody please argue with me cos I hate being ignored 😁

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

How about let's just get on with the football.... seriously, at this moment in time it would be a breath of fresh air. 

If anybody in the ground makes racist references against a person of colour (hope that's correct), throw them out, ban them for life! 

The football happens the same time as it would regardless, it only takes a few seconds. 

2 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

The players take a knee to highlight racial inequality. It’s about anti-racism in sport. I can only think of one reason why individuals would boo that. The most abhorrent set of supporters in UK football, their reputation goes before them. Open your eyes, it’s indefensible.

Aye there's plenty of racial equality in English football..... 'sarcasm'

Ffs, how many black/foreign/Asian players are there in the professional game playing for our clubs in the English pyramid? I bet you it's a lot bigger percentage than the population ethnicity breakdown, we do NOT have a problem in the english game apart from a few fucking dickheads on the terraces, and they are few and far between. Like I have stated before, any fan spouting racist connotations against a player gets banned for life.

5 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Yes they have a reputation

but folk are bored by it so if they boo or turn backs doesn’t make them racists and it won’t just be millwall if it continues

It takes a few seconds. They should not go to the game if it bothers them that much. 

Just now, Farrelli said:

It takes a few seconds. They should not go to the game if it bothers them that much. 

Ok, let’s play that thinking through 

If it was a Nazi solute would it bother you? It would only take a few seconds! Of course the time involved isn’t the issue, the politics is 

It’s a symbol supporting a political group from the extreme left, who are anti capitalist amongst other things 

Fuck BLM 

However, if the players want to support kick it out ahead of each game in order to show support for anti racism then they can crack on 

5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Its causing division, like it is on here, it's now getting tedious and boring.

It’s not a problem to me, a white bloke in his 50s. If the players and clubs are united in doing it then it is evidence of solidarity not division.

Just now, Farrelli said:

It’s not a problem to me, a white bloke in his 50s. If the players and clubs are united in doing it then it is evidence of solidarity not division.

Have you read this thread ? 

That's division, it's not about who wins this argument, let's get back to the football that we all know and love. 

5 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Ok, let’s play that thinking through 

If it was a Nazi solute would it bother you? It would only take a few seconds! Of course the time involved isn’t the issue, the politics is 

It’s a symbol supporting a political group from the extreme left, who are anti capitalist amongst other things 

Fuck BLM 

However, if the players want to support kick it out ahead of each game in order to show support for anti racism then they can crack on 

If all our clubs decided to do a pre-game nazi salute I wouldn’t go to a game again.

I agree with your last paragraph. If the players and clubs support this it is good enough for me. Nothing to with BLM.

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Have you read this thread ? 

That's division, it's not about who wins this argument, let's get back to the football that we all know and love. 

A few Millwall fans with a reputation for violent and racially aggravated disorder are not people I want in football. 

43 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Did you actually read my post? I never mentioned once it spoiled it for me, I was merely pointing out about football fans in general, do not, and I mean this, put a racist slant on the post. 

Calm your skin.

5 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

A few Millwall fans with a reputation for violent and racially aggravated disorder are not people I want in football. 

Not all Millwall fans are racist, yes they have a reputation but dont tar them all with the same brush.

Here’s an idea, why don’t we get football players to protest in support of Britain First before each game 

It won’t have anything to do with the racist political group Britain First and the loonies that run it. It will simply be about putting Britain First, surely nobody could disagree with that? 

9 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Not all Millwall fans are racist, yes they have a reputation but dont tar them all with the same brush.

I’m not doing but I’d love to see the cv of the ones booing today. Gut feeling is they were protecting statues and pissing on war memorials earlier this year. 

5 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

I’m not doing but I’d love to see the cv of the ones booing today. Gut feeling is they were protecting statues and pissing on war memorials earlier this year. 

You are assuming, have you ever thought that it maybe just the average fan who wants to get back to some normality, they've been in lockdown, they have had to put up with all the political shite thats been going on for the last 8 months, and they see Football as an escape ?

13 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

You are assuming, have you ever thought that it maybe just the average fan who wants to get back to some normality, they've been in lockdown, they have had to put up with all the political shite thats been going on for the last 8 months, and they see Football as an escape ?

Just doesn’t wash, when I get back to a game Ill not be concerned about the players taking a knee but what they do afterwards.

25 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

You're making plenty of assumptions yourself

25 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

You're making plenty of assumptions yourself

Trying to keep the peace or some semblance and get back to some normality, and if that's an assumption based on what I think most fans want, so be it, my assumptions are going off the circle of people I work with and friends.

Surely the majority of people just want to watch a football match without any politics involved, it a release ffs, a release from the rigours of work, its weekend,  its football, fuck it!, and it's not racist to say so. Unfortunately it seems if people have an alternative view on things, they are deemed racist, bigots etc... al I am saying is that folk want to go and watch football, football that beautiful game we all love, that us there for all to watch and for all to play. Fuck politics!! 

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Those poor Millwall lads 😞 It has been a rough old year ey. And now the Marxists are coming for their only escape from it all.

Nice to know they're in your thoughts though ❄️