Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

BLM

miamiwhite

3 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

kin ell mate, your scraping the barrell there

but if by chance I have a positive experience involving gypsies, I'll happily re-assess

and it's not racial, it's a life style choice

Pretty sure Gypsies are an ethnic group 

If you look at the data on the ONS, the same data many are using to make a case that the Black community don’t get the same chances as White people, then you’ll find the Gypsie ethnic group perform far worse than all others in all the data (education, criminality, health & life expectancy) 

If indeed we are having an independent enquiry into racial inequality in the U.K. then it should also look at why this group performs much worse than any other group 

Do you think they are genetically fucked and that’s why they perform so poorly? 

• Moderators
1 minute ago, miamiwhite said:

basically, you're another one who can't answer, says it all.

Says it all about what?

I have no issue with them taking the knee in the same way I have no issue with any player who doesn't want to 

Why do i have to defend their motives? 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jan/15/acceptable-racism-gypsies-travellers-prejudice

If the BLM movement is about anti racism against all groups, not just Blacks, then it surely includes Gypsies. Described in this report as the last bastion of acceptable racism 

So if players will take the knee until racism is over then it’s likely they will have to do it for decades yet until racism against Gypsies and the Roma community ends 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Pretty sure Gypsies are an ethnic group 

If you look at the data on the ONS, the same data many are using to make a case that the Black community don’t get the same chances as White people, then you’ll find the Gypsie ethnic group perform far worse than all others in all the data (education, criminality, health & life expectancy) 

If indeed we are having an independent enquiry into racial inequality in the U.K. then it should also look at why this group performs much worse than any other group 

Do you think they are genetically fucked and that’s why they perform so poorly? 

No, i think it's their life choices and attitudes that put them on the back foot from the off 

They are a law unto themselves

If you can recount some first hand positive experiences with them I'd love to hear them 

4 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Says it all about what?

I have no issue with them taking the knee in the same way I have no issue with any player who doesn't want to 

Why do i have to defend their motives? 

Says exactly what I said. You spout with the virtue stuff but haven't got a clue or answer like the rest and have to deflect the question. Simple.

1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

No, i think it's their life choices and attitudes that put them on the back foot from the off 

If you can recount some first hand positive experiences with them I'd love to hear them 

Had a cracking driveway done by some of the travelling community. Like I said earlier. Your experiences with them doesn’t define what’s racist or not.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, birch-chorley said:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jan/15/acceptable-racism-gypsies-travellers-prejudice

If the BLM movement is about anti racism against all groups, not just Blacks, then it surely includes Gypsies. Described in this report as the last bastion of acceptable racism 

So if players will take the knee until racism is over then it’s likely they will have to do it for decades yet until racism against Gypsies and the Roma community ends 

I think you're being a bit too literal about the kneeling till racism is over comment, because it never will be 

Folk just need to stop giving black footballers racial abuse based on the fact they are black footballers

Ok, so with Gypsies it’s a lifestyle choice 

But with young Black lads in inner city London, they are being racially profiled incorrectly by the MET Police. Nothing to do with lifestyle choices that many of them fall into gangs, carry weapons and attack each other? 🤔

• Moderators
3 hours ago, kent_white said:

Did we have a big problem with it at Bolton as well?

I remember by Dad giving someone dogs abuse for calling Michael Brown a 'stupid coon' or words to that effect when I was at my first ever game in the Lever End.

My mum, not on her own, used to love a good monkey noise at an opposition player

I'd guess no more than 3 or 4 black players a season at 70s Burnden

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Says exactly what I said. You spout with the virtue stuff but haven't got a clue or answer like the rest and have to deflect the question. Simple.

I said get why they are doing it, that's not virtue signalling, it's not like I'm taking the knee 

I also get why some fans are booing and agree it's pointless if it's just an empty gesture, and haven't criticised millwall fans 

I don't care much if they carry on for a bit or stop next week, i get why they do it and i won't boo it, im certainly not offended by it or the fact BLM doesn't have one eye on China

I think you're being a bit too literal about the kneeling till racism is over comment, because it never will be 

Folk just need to stop giving black footballers racial abuse based on the fact they are black footballers

I fully agree with that 

Is BLM the right Slogan for that though, Black Lives Matter in America is a slogan that’s come from Black people getting killed unfairly because of the colour of their skin. Is that an issue in the U.K.? Is it an issue in Football? I think not 

Surly the slogan KICK IT OUT is much more relevant in British Football 

6 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Do you think it’s a big problem in the game? 

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

Ok, so with Gypsies it’s a lifestyle choice 

But with young Black lads in inner city London, they are being racially profiled incorrectly by the MET Police. Nothing to do with lifestyle choices that many of them fall into gangs, carry weapons and attack each other? 🤔

Everything to do with that, never said otherwise

But i also know good black lads who rose above all that

If you find me a law abiding salt of the earth gypsy, let me know

• Moderators
Just now, royal white said:

Do you think it’s a big problem in the game? 

Google "footballers abused on social media", based on that lengthy list, yes 

And England players experiences abroad also springs to mind

Just now, ZicoKelly said:

It’s not a football problem. 
they are prominent public figures because of their job which just happens to be a footballer. So it’s not a problem “in the game” per se. it’s a societal issue. 

People can abuse and call people what they want without a real fear of reprisal. For every person arrested or dealt with for racially abusing someone online there will be thousands more that have no action taken against them. 

6 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I said get why they are doing it, that's not virtue signalling, it's not like I'm taking the knee 

I also get why some fans are booing and agree it's pointless if it's just an empty gesture, and haven't criticised millwall fans 

I don't care much if they carry on for a bit or stop next week, i get why they do it and i won't boo it, im certainly not offended by it or the fact BLM doesn't have one eye on China

You said it would stop when the racism stops, yes or no ?

And I asked re them taking it to where it is widespread but you like them have to deflect the obvious and chat about a very easy and selective target like our national game.

Stick to Battlenips, you'll win that one.

Thing is with social media you don’t know who the clowns are on the other side. It could quite easily be a black united fan slagging pogba posing as a city fan. 

In the grounds there were a total of 35 arrests for race/hate crime. Considering there’s 10s of million of fans over a season it doesn’t really highlight a problem. (Though 35 is still to many) 

27 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

kin ell mate, your scraping the barrell there

but if by chance I have a positive experience involving gypsies, I'll happily re-assess

and it's not racial, it's a life style choice

Romani gypsies may disagree. Over 100,000 died alongside the Jews in Germany. Racial discrimination against the Romani’s in Europe is more widespread than any other race. No one bothers about Europe though. Unless it’s Brexit.

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Boby Brno said:

Romani gypsies may disagree. Over 100,000 died alongside the Jews in Germany. Racial discrimination against the Romani’s in Europe is more widespread than any other race. No one bothers about Europe though. Unless it’s Brexit.

Theres a difference between romany gypsies and lawless fuckers who choose to live in a tin can

I think we do fully agree 

I also think that the reason our Black community (particularly of Caribbean decent seen as the ones of African decent outperform whites) perform poorly isnt because of their skin colour, but instead because of their culture. Far too many young black lads getting girls pregnant, abandoning their duty and fucking the kids off. With the poor kids then going on to drop out of school, pick up a knife, get in trouble, get another young girl pregnant and the cycle goes on 

A huge focus on this BLM topic in the summer was around systemic racism in U.K. society holding the Black community back. We are having an independent review into racial inequality in the U.K. which will cost millions of pounds. I’m pretty sure that the review won’t just be looking at Black footballers receiving racial abuse at the football. BLM Protests are much more than just abuse at football, it’s about systemic racism in society 

I like you think it’s not an issue of systemic racism, it’s cultures within different groups. The fact that the Chinese and Indian communities massively outperform both White and Black proves without doubt that skin colour isn’t the biggest issue, life style choices are! 

14 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

What about the Gypsie King himself Tyson Fury? Had a shot of winning BSPOTY this year before he withdrew 

If that’s not a reason to give the rest of his race the benefit of doubt then I don’t know what is 

Stop being a daft old gammon racist