Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Tale of Kaylee The Mercenary Dentist Receptionist

Rudy

• Members

Called to arrange a checkup with the dentist and book in at the hygienist. 
She said £56 for checkup and £48 for hygienist.

Now you don’t need to be Rachel Riley to work out that comes to £104, which I was more than happy to pay. 

So “why the thread Rudy” I hear you cry, well sports fans because of the following conversation with the lovely him chewing Kaylee on reception.

“Brilliant can I pay now over the phone?”

“Yeah of course let me just get the card machine”

Bit of small talk

Ok so that’ll be £204.

Now now Kaylee you may have miscalculated there my little piranha fish

“£204, err I don’t think that’s correct, unless your prices have gone up. 56 + 48 is £104”

“Yeah then you have your PPE you have to pay for?”

”My PPE?”

”Well the dentists.”

“So PPE is £100”

”No it’s £25 for the dentist, £25 for the assistants PPE, £25 for the hygienists PPE and £25 for their assistants PPE......

Mr Rudy are you there?”

”Sorry Denise I think I’m having a mild stroke”

4 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Now you don’t need to be Rachel Riley to work out that comes to £104, which I was more than happy to pay. 

So “why the thread Rudy” I hear you cry, well sports fans because of the following conversation with the lovely him chewing Kaylee on reception.

Bit of small talk

Ok so that’ll be £204.

“£204, err I don’t think that’s correct, unless your prices have gone up. 56 + 48 is £104”

”My PPE?”

”Well the dentists.”

“So PPE is £100”

”No it’s £25 for the dentist, £25 for the assistants PPE, £25 for the hygienists PPE and £25 for their assistants PPE......

Mr Rudy are you there?”

Kaylee and Denise, paying for 2 receptionists an all

Going next week, increased similarly

Hope th'insurance covers it

9 minutes ago, Rudy said:

She said £56 for checkup and £48 for 

Fuck that. I'll do my own. Bob Mortimer does his. Apparently if you get your hands on some fuji 9 you're almost a dentist 

Edited by peelyfeet

14 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Bit of small talk

Ok so that’ll be £204.

”My PPE?”

”Well the dentists.”

“So PPE is £100”

Mr Rudy are you there?”

Leadfrog says he will knock the fuckers out for nothing mate 

• Members
28 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Kaylee and Denise, paying for 2 receptionists an all

Going next week, increased similarly

Hope th'insurance covers it

Haha it’s a line from curb your enthusiasm 

I’m not sure what my insurance covers but might be cheaper to fly to a backstreet in Calcutta and get them to fit a full set of gnashers

Cahill Dental Centre on Higher Bridge Street

Been with them for years

Private and pay about £20 a month. Get 2 checkups and cleans a year for my money plus a discount on any treatment

Let your teeth go, or be a tightarse, and you are looking at a multitude of other health problems. 

Happy to pay the money and travel across from Manc to them. Don’t go cheap on your teeth. Long term it’s not worth it

Edited by MancWanderer

8 hours ago, MancWanderer said:

Cahill Dental Centre on Higher Bridge Street

Been with them for years

Private and pay about £20 a month. Get 2 checkups and cleans a year for my money plus a discount on any treatment

Let your teeth go, or be a tightarse, and you are looking at a multitude of other health problems. 

Happy to pay the money and travel across from Manc to them. Don’t go cheap on your teeth. Long term it’s not worth it

Couldn't agree more. Was in a world of shit (and pain) after escaping the evil Dr Howarth as a kid then didnt return to the dentists for around 20 years. Taken some serious work and money and overcoming a huge phobia of dentists but has definitely been worth it.

• Members

Missus is a dental nurse. Tells me that two out of every three of the dentists she works with are out and out thieves. Carrying out procedures which aren't required, charging wherever possible for the slightest thing etc. Very often driven by the practice management from whom the dentists rent chairs.

A line of Beamers and Mercs outside of their plush surgery tells the tale. She always directs me to the straight as a die honest ones which has been a good thing. Saved me a fortune no doubt.

• Site Supporter

To be fair, the ammount of training and subsequent qualifications required to practice ought to equate to a decent wage so a dentist with a decent car doesn't ordinarily make me think he's a thieving fucker. 

I've always thought it must be a grim job, rattling around in peoples mouths, especially when they get some gammy rank efforts in - it'd make me gag. I'm actually, for the first time ever, looking forward to going to my dentist next Tuesday - as I had a crown fall out about a day after they closed due to the virus. I've had a gaping hole in my mouth ever since, so looking forward to getting that plugged. Fuck know's how much it'll cost me, last time I went I came out £750 lighter in the pocket

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Marc505 said:

Couldn't agree more. Was in a world of shit (and pain) after escaping the evil Dr Howarth as a kid then didnt return to the dentists for around 20 years. Taken some serious work and money and overcoming a huge phobia of dentists but has definitely been worth it.

Dr Howarth on silverwell street?

Iirc that was the name of our family dentist when I was a kid.

I have had 3 sets of teeth. 

Milk teeth had a gum infection all came through brown. 

Next set were twisted. Took an X-ray and there was another set waiting to come through. Had an operation to have 9 teeth removed. Final set were all twisted to fuck so ended up with one of those massive braces. 

I was not a Bonny child. Not much changed I suppose. Never been keen on dentists since. 

39 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Dr Howarth on silverwell street?

Iirc that was the name of our family dentist when I was a kid.

No he was on New Hall Lane, I believe he had a lot of issues with addiction and then killed himself in later years.

Was a mean cunt.

4 minutes ago, Ani said:

I have had 3 sets of teeth. 

Milk teeth had a gum infection all came through brown. 

Next set were twisted. Took an X-ray and there was another set waiting to come through. Had an operation to have 9 teeth removed. Final set were all twisted to fuck so ended up with one of those massive braces. 

I was not a Bonny child. Not much changed I suppose. Never been keen on dentists since. 

Sounds like the Alien mother.

I had a teeth nightmare in my youth.

Sucked my thumb when I was a kid, because my mum didnt beleive in dummies - used to do it subconcioulsy in my sleep until I was about 9 - which pushed all my fromt teeth out so that I resembled Freddie Mercury for a few years. Was sent to an orthodonist who needlessley removed 2 healthy teeth, then subsequenty got deported to India for being a fake orthodontist. so now had Freddie mercury plus big gaps

Went to another orthodontist, who sorted a brace for a few years that fixed them - had to get it tightened up every few weeks, which was agony for a day or two

Then about a month after finishing the brace got two front ones knocked out when I was playing football - got booted in the mouth when I was about 14 - the roots survived so had falises on metal posts drilled into the roots. a few months later, playng footy again got headed in the mouth at a corner and the metal posts ripped through my gums and knocked another healthy one out, more work trying to save the roots, over and over again -  then had impacted lower wisdom teeth in my early 20s 

Had one filling in my life, but must have had more  dental trips than the Bee Gees - eventually opted for a plate - just take it out when playing sport and look like nobby stiles. doesnt bother me now, I've had so much pain in the mouth in the past that I'm used to it.

• Members

Had a call back because I didn’t book it because I wasn’t sure fin my insurance covers it, I told them this and she said well because you’ve been with us so long and never missed an appointment we’re happy to waive it this time. 

So they just wrote off 100 notes like that which makes me think they’re scamming folk or a load of people have told them to shove it up their ring piece 

38 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Had a call back because I didn’t book it because I wasn’t sure fin my insurance covers it, I told them this and she said well because you’ve been with us so long and never missed an appointment we’re happy to waive it this time. 

So they just wrote off 100 notes like that which makes me think they’re scamming folk or a load of people have told them to shove it up their ring piece 

Which surgery?