Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What do visiting managers say to their players just before sending their players out? "These blokes think they are Barcelona with their swanky stadium and tippy tappy building form the back... ta

And to think when we were in the lower reaches of the champ and in L1 some on here had us believe the Calibre of players we had were unable to play short sharp passing like this.    yet you’ve

Before I try to offer an alternative view that Is different to the masses, In terms of what has happened this season and today I don’t disagree, I’m struggling to think of many positives. However ther

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

He deserves his own thread.

Success or Failure?

For me: Success, law of averages, we are due a good un, FV have the right man 👍

Considering we've only had one manager since our move to middlebrook who you would describe as successful, I reckon you're right. I'm not including Todd as he was here before.

Just now, Biggish Dave said:

2 promotions in 3 years before he gets poached. Success

By that time he will have got us back on the right track... hopefully. 

Sounds impressive in that pod cast. Clean break with the past which I'm pleased about and a new era. 

Interested to see how the Director of Football thing works out.

Truthfully, he's much more likely to be sacked by November than he is to have us romping the league scoring three a game.

But I like him and like what FV are going for. As long as he doesn't disappear up his own arse and start calling us philistines after a 0-0 home draw with Grimsby I'll back him.

He’s got a presser at 10. Let’s hope Iles gets some good info from him. I’m particularly interested to hear whether he fancies any of the out of contract lads and whether deals will be offered to the likes of Crawford, Matthews, Emmanuel, Zooma etc

2 minutes ago, desperado said:

He’s got a presser at 10. Let’s hope Iles gets some good info from him. I’m particularly interested to hear whether he fancies any of the out of contract lads and whether deals will be offered to the likes of Crawford, Matthews, Emmanuel, Zooma etc

He plays with a back 3, Zouma + 2 others. He is going to need a couple of good centre backs to bring this lad through. 

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

He plays with a back 3, Zouma + 2 others. He is going to need a couple of good centre backs to bring this lad through. 

I hope he keeps and develops Zouma. A young lad who doesn't shy away from the ball.

One thing is apparent- this new mon won't be slagging him off publicly.

29 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I can see Brockbank doing well on the right of a back 3 as well. 

Brockbank, Delaney, Zouma 

That ain't so bad for a start but would definitely want one or two adding for more experience as well. 

3 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

I hope he keeps and develops Zouma. A young lad who doesn't shy away from the ball.

One thing is apparent- this new mon won't be slagging him off publicly.

Exactly, think Zouma is 22 or 23 now, so not exactly a scholar but attacks the ball, just needs a good pairing or a good trio with Evatts preferred formation.

1 minute ago, awandering said:

We also have Edwards

We do... He struggled quite a lot last year with positioning and the speed of things, I suppose it's hard to judge the lad based on the conditions of last year but he didn't show as much promise as some others. 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Anderson said:

I can see Brockbank doing well on the right of a back 3 as well. 

Brockbank, Delaney, Zouma 

That ain't so bad for a start but would definitely want one or two adding for more experience as well. 

Delaney is that ugly he should be able to scare the opposition to death!

I reckon Evatt will aquire 2 centre backs at the very least.

Edited by Mr Grey