Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Brand Evatt up and running today, 3-0 and still not happy overall, this bloke is gonna be a top manager for us 👍

Howdon. If we are not running away with the league after 2 games some will be asking for his head.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And to think when we were in the lower reaches of the champ and in L1 some on here had us believe the Calibre of players we had were unable to play short sharp passing like this.    yet you’ve

I'd love to be involved in his training sessions..👍

I don't get the intense dislike of Parky. I can understand people not liking his football but he's a world away from Coyle, Freedman and Hill. The team he built just before Madine left was genuin

As bad it sounds if someone asked me the result of a game last year I probably wouldn't be able to tell them, and I don't drink at footy so this for malc and the like.

Have we ever started the first game of a season with no players in the starting 11 having featured in the season before?

Great question. We came close at Wycombe last year but I’m going to say there’s absolutely no way it’s happened post war. And hopefully not this year either as it would mean no place for 3 of our best attacking midfielders.

32 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Nearly a full clear out, it was needed.

Top question  though, i wonder if its happened to any team in the Football League ?

Portsmouth must have been close during their downward spiral?  There was that pre season friendly where they had a mixture of kids and trialists who beat Coyles best XI 3-0

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, ErnestTurnip said:

As bad it sounds if someone asked me the result of a game last year I probably wouldn't be able to tell them, and I don't drink at footy so this for malc and the like.

Have we ever started the first game of a season with no players in the starting 11 having featured in the season before?

47 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Great question. We came close at Wycombe last year but I’m going to say there’s absolutely no way it’s happened post war. And hopefully not this year either as it would mean no place for 3 of our best attacking midfielders.

The team in the 2nd game v Coventry can't have been far off, we had a lad come on who was still waiting for his GCSE results

7 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Portsmouth must have been close during their downward spiral?  There was that pre season friendly where they had a mixture of kids and trialists who beat Coyles best XI 3-0

Coyle was still in summer pre-season table tennis mode-itis

• Site Supporter

Especially for Underpants. He loves a song thread. (To the Okey-Corey)

We got the Megson out,

The Owen Coyle out

Freedman, Lennon, Parkinson and Keith Hill out

We then brought Ian Evatt in to turn it around

That’s what it’s all about!

Oh, do the Ian Evatt. Oh, do the Ian Evatt

Oh, do the Ian Evatt, 

We are the Bolton, Rah, Rah Rah!

• Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, burnden said:

Loving Evatts attitude

Yep, his attitude is just like Rioch or Allardyce.

Well done but let's improve.

Winner.

11 minutes ago, Steejay said:

Yep, his attitude is just like Rioch or Allardyce.

Well done but let's improve.

Winner.

Superb post-match interview, positive and a hard task master. 

Hopefully there will be some batterings this season.

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Superb post-match interview, positive and a hard task master. 

Hopefully there will be some batterings this season.

When he said ruthless and relentless that's straight from the Chris Wilder book. I remember him giving a post match interview after winning and using the same language.

He is a manager. He might not turn out to be the new Rioch or Allardyce, but he is 100% the boss. And that gives him more chance than most. Hands up who still wants David Lee to be given a chance? I initially wanted Ricketts and maybe Dean Holden, I have a feeling we’ve got much better.