Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What do visiting managers say to their players just before sending their players out? "These blokes think they are Barcelona with their swanky stadium and tippy tappy building form the back... ta

And to think when we were in the lower reaches of the champ and in L1 some on here had us believe the Calibre of players we had were unable to play short sharp passing like this.    yet you’ve

Before I try to offer an alternative view that Is different to the masses, In terms of what has happened this season and today I don’t disagree, I’m struggling to think of many positives. However ther

• Site Supporter

Ive got a sneaky feeling we might be a bit sticky for the first 5 or 6 games but once we hit our rhythm, some teams are getting thrashed. I also reckon we’ll win 10 on the spin at some stage

1 minute ago, Biggish Dave said:

Ive got a sneaky feeling we might be a bit sticky for the first 5 or 6 games but once we hit our rhythm, some teams are getting thrashed. I also reckon we’ll win 10 on the spin at some stage

Nah this guy wants to win them all 

I'll reserve any opinion I have of IE until Christmas. I'm not getting carried away with a few new signings and the dicking of a none league team. Every football fan in the country thinks they are in with a chance of promotion before the season starts. Even Wigan.

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

I’m still thinking that the first game or two might be pushed back a bit a la Aberdeen. Probably won’t do us any harm. 

3 minutes ago, marple whites said:

Certainly sounds like a perfectionist - always wanting more,

puts mr hills post match interviews to shame

Breath of fresh air

straight talking not like chino going around the houses talking bollocks and In riddles

Results nothing to do with the quiet confidence at moment. Although might be a transitional period with a few dodgy results i think we are going to hit some teams like a train with our fitness pace and preparation.

One of Carlisle fans reckoned their players were being furloughed until October which means they are effectively part time and can only train certain number of days. Dont know if this is true or how common it is in League 2. Think other clubs will be struggling financially though.  Think it will be exact opposite of last season and our pre season will stand us in good stead .

This is a general point but it's amazing that in a professional sport with very well paid participants that every manager doesn't make sure that as a bare minimum all their players are as fit as they can possibly be, and also every player doesn't make sure of the same.

We've experienced it ourselves with multiple managers previously but it's not rocket science and there are plenty of s&c coaches around these days so it should never be an issue.

It's obviously not the case which is why it even gets mentioned by Evatt but fuck moll some professional footballers really must be stealing a living.

I think you have to take these early games with a pinch of salt, lowly teams probably short of any kind of training make things look good but against proper teams at our own level we won’t walk through them like we have and we won’t get the time or space we are getting. I’m sure IE knows this and hopefully as the players get fitter and more acquainted with each other, the games to come will be against better opposition and give us a better appreciation of what we’ve got. That said I’m really confident that we’ll hit the ground running and I expect us to stay at or near the top all season but then I am at times a super optimist!!

• Site Supporter
8 hours ago, Whitesince63 said:

I think you have to take these early games with a pinch of salt, lowly teams probably short of any kind of training make things look good but against proper teams at our own level we won’t walk through them like we have and we won’t get the time or space we are getting. I’m sure IE knows this and hopefully as the players get fitter and more acquainted with each other, the games to come will be against better opposition and give us a better appreciation of what we’ve got. That said I’m really confident that we’ll hit the ground running and I expect us to stay at or near the top all season but then I am at times a super optimist!!

Me too but I think you'll be proved correct.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

After reading today's match report v Accy, it seems Brand Evatt is coming on. It was interesting to hear Iles report that the Accy management team were not to happy with their team. 

We should piss this league, a couple more signings to boost the squad and we should be flying, after watching the dross of Parkinson and Hill, I can't fucking wait to get back and watch some entertaining winning football.

Also loving the FV marketing 'Join the Revolution' (EVO).

COYW

Edited by Mr Grey
  • Site Supporter

There isn’t more than half a dozen teams in L2 who are anything like reasonable. I’m sure they are all scrappers but I really can’t see 3 or 4 teams being better than us

5 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Correct listening to the guy is refreshing after the last two clowns

league 2 is poor it should only be a short stay 

I could never listen to Parkinson, just spouted bullshit and negative soundbites. As for Hill, he was like a fake Liam Gallagher on magic mushrooms, the biggest clown we have ever had as a manager.