Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What do visiting managers say to their players just before sending their players out? "These blokes think they are Barcelona with their swanky stadium and tippy tappy building form the back... ta

Starting to get on my tits now this fucking idiot. Weve heard it all before pal. The only issue with our performances is you trying make a gaggle of spastics play like barca-fucking-lona.

And to think when we were in the lower reaches of the champ and in L1 some on here had us believe the Calibre of players we had were unable to play short sharp passing like this.    yet you’ve

9 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

IE favourite line "it will come" and I believe him.

Imo, he his still the man, and will get it right, doesn't seem to set in his ways and he knows that wins breed confidence.

He's playing the long game, any win is a top win, and I'm sure there's more to come.

IESWA

Well said. What he’s shown today, which is really commendable,  is that he will put his footballing principles to one side and demand that results stand above everything else. He’s got into the psyche of his players, got them to demonstrate a different aspect to their character, to fight for a result, to play for each other and make sure they come off that field with a win. Let’s hope we look back on this day as a game changer, the time for pretty football can wait. 

Edited by desperado
  • 2 weeks later...

Surely IE can see this formation he us playing is currently not working. I dont think he has the players to implement it. We are woefully short of any decent central midfielders and the so-called 2 best players in L2 last season look average national league at the moment. He doesn't fancy Darcy at all, at the moment I'm struggling to understand what he's trying to do, every team we have played have out fought us and created more chances. He's going to try and take some positives, but I actually think IE may struggle after that today. 

Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Got another clown on our hands 

I think there's more to him, but some of these players look shit, Comley looks biz yet he was decent for Col U last year, Sarc and Doyle supposedly top L2 players at least. Liam Gordon looks dreadful, Brockbank when under any pressure cant cope, Crawford looks lost in that formation, it's just not going anywhere, we all keep saying it's going to click, it seems a long way off, we can be an impatient bunch but ffs we look well below average and at the moment I will take staying up

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

I think there's more to him, but some of these players look shit, Comley looks biz yet he was decent for Col U last year, Sarc and Doyle supposedly top L2 players at least. Liam Gordon looks dreadful, Brockbank when under any pressure cant cope, Crawford looks lost in that formation, it's just not going anywhere, we all keep saying it's going to click, it seems a long way off, we can be an impatient bunch but ffs we look well below average and at the moment I will take staying up

He has the tools to do the job mate

he needs to get the better players sarc/ Crawford Doyle etc clicking. we simply can’t afford to spend another season in league 2 

1 minute ago, Marc505 said:

Comley had some of the best pass completion stats in the entire league last season didnt he? Looks like weve signed his brother, the amount of times he gives it away is almost laughable.

I weren't laughing mate, he gave one pass away early in the 2and half, no fucker near him and he passed it sideways to one of their midfielders, if I was IE, I would send the fucker straight to specsavers first thing in the morning and tell the fucker that his performance wasn't good enough for Bolton Wanderers.

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

I weren't laughing mate, he gave one pass away early in the 2and half, no fucker near him and he passed it sideways to one of their midfielders, if I was IE, I would send the fucker straight to specsavers first thing in the morning and tell the fucker that his performance wasn't good enough for Bolton Wanderers.

He did that more than once, totally unopposed giving it away. The fuck are we working on in training at all.

1 minute ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

He has the tools to do the job mate

he needs to get the better players sarc/ Crawford Doyle etc clicking. we simply can’t afford to spend another season in league 2 

Getting done off one of the spice boys is fucking embarrassing for Evatt, he's gotta get angry, fuck that being diplomatic shit, Oldham have had 18 new players this season as well, they looked way better than our shower and I have never heard of any of them.

Just now, Marc505 said:

He did that more than once, totally unopposed giving it away. The fuck are we working on in training at all.

He did, I was just giving one blatant example, he must be allowed to spectacles in training.

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

League 2 players are thick as pig shit and crap. Anything other than 4-4-2 won’t work

STAPLE THIS TO EVERY DOOR AT THE STADIUM

SPOT. ON.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

I don't think that's true, to be honest. Plenty of teams play with three at the back and do it well.

I think it's just our lot.

Our lot need the most basic instructions possible. They’re dross

For the first time IMO he’s under scrutiny now. 

Yes he should still be given time, to sack him now would be nonsense.

But he’s called the players out, more than once now. What’s happening in training isn’t happening on the pitch.

The reasons (excuses) I’ve put out for him so far, still stand.... just.

Assembling a squad (transfer deadline just ended) that is his own, is work in progress, the football he wants to play (possession, easy on the eye) is ridiculously difficult with a new squad, the “ideal” formation he wants to play isn’t working, he changed it once, he may have to change it again.

I can only say it for so long.... October is a big month..... There’s limited positives at the moment, but whatever positives there are, he needs to quickly turn them into a collective squad performance that gets results. 

13 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

Somebody please explain brand Evatt because I dont have a clue anymore after today his substitutions are bewildering and why does he keep changing the team every week

I would like to revisit that Barrowcelona podcast and note what his "non negotiables" were. One was running off the pitch at half time, one was getting the ball back or fouling within 6 seconds of losing it, another was always having an outlet on the opposite wing when defending, not sure of the others.