Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

What do visiting managers say to their players just before sending their players out?

"These blokes think they are Barcelona with their swanky stadium and tippy tappy building form the back... take it from me they are not good enough... run faster than them, be the first to every 50-50 and badger them to  the end and you'll get something out of the game."

Simples click click

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What do visiting managers say to their players just before sending their players out? "These blokes think they are Barcelona with their swanky stadium and tippy tappy building form the back... ta

And to think when we were in the lower reaches of the champ and in L1 some on here had us believe the Calibre of players we had were unable to play short sharp passing like this.    yet you’ve

Before I try to offer an alternative view that Is different to the masses, In terms of what has happened this season and today I don’t disagree, I’m struggling to think of many positives. However ther

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Dimron said:

What do visiting managers say to their players just before sending their players out?

"These blokes think they are Barcelona with their swanky stadium and tippy tappy building form the back... take it from me they are not good enough... run faster than them, be the first to every 50-50 and badger them to  the end and you'll get something out of the game."

Simples click click

Is that you Harry? How’s Sheriee

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Dimron said:

Sorry pal

New boy here, being trying to get on line for ages but my firewall was like a George Graham defence line

Nothing to be sorry for - your assessment was spot on. It’s how I’d be winding my players up coming to our gaff

I didn't think we'd get owt of Old 'em today and I feel sorry for the new manager but he needs to get real about how other teams will approach us... Principles are one thing (Tony Mowbray for example) but it is a results game.

Sometimes you need to put yourself into your opponent's mind-set.

Who's Shirlee? 🙂

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, Dimron said:

I didn't think we'd get owt of Old 'em today and I feel sorry for the new manager but he needs to get real about how other teams will approach us... Principles are one thing (Tony Mowbray for example) but it is a results game.

Sometimes you need to put yourself into your opponent's mind-set.

Who's Shirlee? 🙂

Sheriee Murphy, now Kewell. Actress was in Hollyoaks and Emmerdale. Quite tidy tbf

5 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Marlons piece in emmerdale 

Was flicking through the telly the other day and Emmerdale Farm came on...only bloody John from ID was in it. Couldn’t believe my eyes. Undercover after hoolies in the woolpack!

He is saying everything reet, commend him totally for that. Fronting up and taking responsibility. Absolutely full credit. 

However we are playing to what you put into practice and we’ve been back training for a long enough for the majority of the new squad to be on board. 

i like a lot of what he wants to do. 

but we need to win ugly and stabilise, before any of this “nice” football becomes our style. We need a mix. 

17 minutes ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

He is saying everything reet, commend him totally for that. Fronting up and taking responsibility. Absolutely full credit. 

However we are playing to what you put into practice and we’ve been back training for a long enough for the majority of the new squad to be on board. 

but we need to win ugly and stabilise, before any of this “nice” football becomes our style. We need a mix. 

Increasingly the position I'm finding myself in. Going to Barrow and not having immediate success was alright for him, I imagine, because they expected nothing less. So he had a year where he got them to 10th and could implement his ideas without too much pressure then in his second year where he got them promoted. Obviously took time to sort them out and then refine the style.

Expectations for us this season were actually set last year when KH was still in charge. That we want promotion whichever division we're in (this year). 

Evatt and Phoenix have gone out and recruited players specifically for his style and preferred formation and put out the message that we have to embrace being the big fish in the division and take it in our stride and hit the ground running.

It's not working so far. So Evatt can either stick religiously to his system and hope that he can motivate and train the players well enough that eventually it clicks, with enough time for a promotion push or at least signs that we should do it next season.

Or he's going to have to take his medicine and re-think the tactics to grind out more results. I hope he goes for the latter because I think he's the right man for the job but if he doesn't start getting a tune from the players then he won't be around long enough to properly put his ideas in place. 

Two more losses..........:gun:

and I hate to say that..

This team ain't gonna go on a run of ten unbeaten. So we cant afford to fall behind.

On the plus side, we may be able to do some decent aways next season, if/when we stay down/get relegated

10 hours ago, superjohnmcginlay said:

Has he fronted up and taken responsibility?