Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

• Replies 919
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What do visiting managers say to their players just before sending their players out? "These blokes think they are Barcelona with their swanky stadium and tippy tappy building form the back... ta

And to think when we were in the lower reaches of the champ and in L1 some on here had us believe the Calibre of players we had were unable to play short sharp passing like this.    yet you’ve

Needs a window. Bring his own men in who can adapt to his philosophy. Im glad the fans arent there. Itll be reet folks.

7 hours ago, Kane57 said:

I'm happy he saved the pen, but I can't imagine he's been taught to parry it straight back to where it came from. Good job Santos was alert.

A rather cheerful outlook. I’ll pass and stick with the well done.

7 hours ago, Kane57 said:

I'm happy he saved the pen, but I can't imagine he's been taught to parry it straight back to where it came from. Good job Santos was alert.

For all the things to have a go at last night, the penalty save wasn’t one 

8 hours ago, Kane57 said:

Kin’ell how dare he save it and it not go out for a throw in.

Keeper has one job in a pen, save the fucker

The players have one job, react to it if he saves it. 

If Doyle and Fonz can master the hold up play, Crawford will be a big player for us this season. His late movement and ability to find space will be So invaluable.

Calm and composed in front of goal and you’re looking at least 10 goals from him arriving late into the box.

1 minute ago, Mr Grey said:

'Transition' this is the new Evatt buzzword, or have I missed it.

That interviewer who asks the questions is dog shit, he just rephrases the question and IE then gives the same answer 🤨

Is it the bwfc interviewer? Gets in my tits when he opens “so gaffer” 

46 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Is it the bwfc interviewer? Gets in my tits when he opens “so gaffer” 

He's asked every new signing we've had this season the same set of questions in the same order. 

Yesterday he asked Ian Evatt a question - waited till he'd answered it and then asked him it again with different wording.

6 hours ago, Rudy said:

Kin’ell how dare he save it and it not go out for a throw in.

Keeper has one job in a pen, save the fucker

The players have one job, react to it if he saves it. 

Should have caught it, quick throw out and we could launch a counter.

3 hours ago, Traf said:

Should have caught it, quick throw out and we could launch a counter.

Good thinking, a cunning plan.  Concede a pen (and feign anger).  Most opposition players go up to capitalise on any rebound.  Crellin catches it and launches it to 6 of our unmarked players on the halfway line (no guarantee what happens next, but worth a try).

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Glanced through the Bantams talk forum this morning, they couldn't understand how their team didn't launch more balls into our box because they thought our GK was bobbins.

They arent wrong.  Thank God few if any teams in this league play with a big man up top and pump in high balls.  Imagine if Crellin was coming up against us a few years ago with Madine, Wheater, Beevers etc.

Crellin made 3 mistakes which could have cost goals. The air kick that went for a goal kick. The air punch when to be fair our right back did not help and the header Donaldson won. 

A couple of weak punches too. I am ignoring not setting a goal up with penalty save. 

1 hour ago, Johnnyrotten said:

They arent wrong.  Thank God few if any teams in this league play with a big man up top and pump in high balls.  Imagine if Crellin was coming up against us a few years ago with Madine, Wheater, Beevers etc.

He'd have struggled against Wheater and Beevers but not that soft cunt Madine.

2 hours ago, Ani said:

Crellin made 3 mistakes which could have cost goals. The air kick that went for a goal kick. The air punch when to be fair our right back did not help and the header Donaldson won. 

A couple of weak punches too. I am ignoring not setting a goal up with penalty save. 

Confidence issues. I think IE sticking by him calling him out then keeping a clean sheet and a pen save will do him good. I don’t know who the GK coach is at wanderers anymore but the mistakes last night are ones they can work on 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Confidence issues. I think IE sticking by him calling him out then keeping a clean sheet and a pen save will do him good. I don’t know who the GK coach is at wanderers anymore but the mistakes last night are ones they can work on 

Matt Gilks.