Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

But there’s no blueprint for wiping away everything that’s happened in the last 10 years and starting again. Building on sand and overcoming 10 perilous years of negativity, upheaval and near extinction. 

I honestly think as people criticise (quite rightly in some respects) and bemoan our situation they forget this.

Of course FV, IE, the players (mmm well I hope most... jury still out here)  and the fans all want the same thing and we are all sold the dream and the vision because we are Bolton Wanderers.  

This dichotomy serves us as much hope as damage. Hope that somewhere along the timeline the fortunes change and because we are who we are we have attracted the owners we want, the manager we courted and some key signings for this division. 

But now of course most of us have had our expectations raised, FV had to do this, as IE said today, he had to instill (and is still trying to despite our position) the mentality of winners and belief that they are the players to get this club moving in the right direction. But because we are Bolton Wanderers, we don’t want to wait, we want it now.

The reality, unfortunately, is very different. The sand foundations are going to take a while to firm up. Yes we could in the meantime sack him, get a sticking plaster, which might prove fruitful in the short-term. Coyle did this. We could go for someone who knows how to get out of this division. Well let’s get Hill back. We could go on with a 1000 names, there is absolutely nothing to suggest that anybody would have success with this project based on our recent history and current situation.

If we are to embrace being Bolton Wanderers, IMO we should continue, as we did do at the beginning of the season with our season ticket commitments, backing FV who saved us and have kept our club alive. It looks like today they have reaffirmed their support for IE. This surely tells us they see this as a long-term project. If it’s good enough for them it’s good enough for me.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What do visiting managers say to their players just before sending their players out? "These blokes think they are Barcelona with their swanky stadium and tippy tappy building form the back... ta

And to think when we were in the lower reaches of the champ and in L1 some on here had us believe the Calibre of players we had were unable to play short sharp passing like this.    yet you’ve

Before I try to offer an alternative view that Is different to the masses, In terms of what has happened this season and today I don’t disagree, I’m struggling to think of many positives. However ther

He sounds very downbeat, a bit despondent, tbf to IE I think he feels he has given certain players enough chances and he is being let down. Something has to give and he knows it.

Pop a couple of hungry young lads in, Regan Riley looks decent and hungry, get an experienced GK in and we will be sorted.

To be fair I think Evatt will turn out to be a decent manager for us, but he does need to learn from his mistakes, starting with getting an experienced keeper in urgently, he can't keep throwing Crellin under a bus, he is nor ever will be good enough for this class of football, new keeper, go 4 at the back with Hickman in for Baptiste, Brockbank in for Gordon, and Tutte in to make midfield stronger, we have enough about us to start climbing this shit league, but Evatt needs to kick his stubbornness into touch.

To be fair I think Evatt will turn out to be a decent manager for us, but he does need to learn from his mistakes, starting with getting an experienced keeper in urgently, he can't keep throwing Crellin under a bus, he is nor ever will be good enough for this class of football, new keeper, go 4 at the back with Hickman in for Baptiste, Brockbank in for Gordon, and Tutte in to make midfield stronger, we have enough about us to start climbing this shit league, but Evatt needs to kick his stubbornness into touch.

44 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

You've been a victim of DP 🙄

1 hour ago, DomRepWanderer said:

You've listed 5 things there that you would change about the team.  And you haven't covered the left back issue or the no sub GK so that makes 7.  I'm not clear what you base your optimism on that he will be a decent manager? 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Moody looking chap isn’t he 

give us a smile ian lad 

Good point, I think we may have to wait until we beat someone 5 zip before he shoes his teeth, hard task master.

Signs today that the team have stepped up their workrate, playing for each other and starting to believe. Sure they will get better than today, but the confidence is starting to build. Win the next two and we will  jump up the league.

2 minutes ago, waffer cup 07 said:

Signs today that the team have stepped up their workrate, playing for each other and starting to believe. Sure they will get better than today, but the confidence is starting to build. Win the next two and we will  jump up the league.

Small steps, absolutely agree, it's off the ball they are playing better, some better decision making in the last 3rd and we should be flying.

On 07/11/2020 at 23:11, Johnnyrotten said:

I'm not clear what you base your optimism on that he will be a decent manager? 

Yes you could counter argument everyone of these points, but still, the fact that there is a debate proves that; 1/ They could be true or 2/ In time they could be proved to be true based on what we’ve seen in these last 3 games;

- They can string a set of good results together 

- The keeper situation has been/is being addressed 

-  There is a defensive resilience stopping us conceding too many goals

- We have found a variety of goalscorers

- IE has stated we can and should bring more players in to strengthen the squad.

- IE is happy (See Thomason) to bring players from the squad into the fold to strengthen us.

- But conversely has found an 11 that he can trust to get a performance and results 

- Has brought the best out of players he trusts - Sarcevic, Doyle, Santos, Delaney

There’s a lot more both IE and the fans want to see, but there are signs now that we are starting to see the shoots of positivity that could grow into something bigger and better 

Thought the game management was excellent today. That was a comfortable 2-1 win. 

Not having Crellin as an outlet (Blame management over Crellin for this) seems to make a huge difference to our play.

I hope also that Tutte has cemented a place as a starter. 

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Small steps, absolutely agree, it's off the ball they are playing better, some better decision making in the last 3rd and we should be flying.

When the run was made up the left wing for our second goal I actually thought he’d missed the opportunity for a first time early ball. He’d held on way too long...

and then we scored. So maybe this better decision making in the final third is already being made provided the players with the ball at their feet have both the skills and the self-belief to make the best decisions.

19 minutes ago, MickyD said:

When the run was made up the left wing for our second goal I actually thought he’d missed the opportunity for a first time early ball. He’d held on way too long...

and then we scored. So maybe this better decision making in the final third is already being made provided the players with the ball at their feet have both the skills and the self-belief to make the best decisions.

The movement for that second goal was brilliant. And they knew exactly what they were doing. That run down the line to take the defenders away and then Crawford arriving late in the box. Lovely goal.

19 minutes ago, kent_white said:

The movement for that second goal was brilliant. And they knew exactly what they were doing. That run down the line to take the defenders away and then Crawford arriving late in the box. Lovely goal.

Yep. Top run by the skip. Does some miles for a “fat bastard” 🙄

54 minutes ago, MickyD said:

So you're agreeing with me 👍

13 hours ago, tomski said:

Thought the game management was excellent today. That was a comfortable 2-1 win. 

Not having Crellin as an outlet (Blame management over Crellin for this) seems to make a huge difference to our play.

I hope also that Tutte has cemented a place as a starter. 

It was even though I felt nervy all second half 😂

Tactics and subs were spot on yesterday. It shows as well that we can play scrappy football when we get drawn into those kind of games 

• Site Supporter
56 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

So you're agreeing with me 👍

Im honestly not sure.  What we,  the fans feel is the right ball isn't always the right ball and vice versa.  You only know it wad the right ball when we score.

16 minutes ago, Horwich said:

I thought everyone wanted him sacked?

Nah. Very few did. Most just wanted him address the bleedin' obvious which, thankfully, he has done.