Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And to think when we were in the lower reaches of the champ and in L1 some on here had us believe the Calibre of players we had were unable to play short sharp passing like this.    yet you’ve

Before I try to offer an alternative view that Is different to the masses, In terms of what has happened this season and today I don’t disagree, I’m struggling to think of many positives. However ther

I don't get the intense dislike of Parky. I can understand people not liking his football but he's a world away from Coyle, Freedman and Hill. The team he built just before Madine left was genuin

• Site Supporter

th?id=OIP.g4wG5Znt_FWgKebA76UJhAHaEn&pid

Definitely got your hair...

2 hours ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

If its RUR2R  its more like Jimmy Saville

I think he'll do alright. He's obviously  got the backing of Aunty Sharon, he says all the right things and is, at the moment, a winner

( Evatt, not Saville)

We are on a sound financial footing apparently and can attract the right players. What could possibly .... no I'm not saying it. My ST money is burning a hole in my pocket. I can't wait.

• Site Supporter

The more I read from Evatt, he sounds very much in the Rioch mould. Leaves no stone unturned in looking at how players behave off the field as well as on it etc.

I know the majority of football people talk a great game to us mere mortals but I’m more excited to get this season going more than most since our promotion to the premier league

8 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

The more I read from Evatt, he sounds very much in the Rioch mould. Leaves no stone unturned in looking at how players behave off the field as well as on it etc.

I know the majority of football people talk a great game to us mere mortals but I’m more excited to get this season going more than most since our promotion to the premier league

exactly, and because of the long break, we have missed the football but this seems like a new era is beginning. 

Evatt also saying the club are on a sound financial footing, i am pretty sure this bloke wouldn't have come if it wasn't, all positive stuff and can't wait for the footie to start.

Maybe some people see things differently with zouma , but I don't want him starting in a team that play out from the back. I don't think he's good enough with the ball at his feet. Not seen enough of delaney but I'd be surprised if he is a ball playing centre half. 

Kean Bryan would be suited perfectly to this system but whether we can get him back on loan is a different matter .

15 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

Maybe some people see things differently with zouma , but I don't want him starting in a team that play out from the back. I don't think he's good enough with the ball at his feet. Not seen enough of delaney but I'd be surprised if he is a ball playing centre half. 

Kean Bryan would be suited perfectly to this system but whether we can get him back on loan is a different matter .

Agree with this 

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

11 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Agree with this 

Agree with these.

56 minutes ago, Arrested development said:

Bryan would need to seriously step down and want to come, otherwise i agree. Also i think Zouma deserves a chance, with a bit of good coaching who knows.

My main concern over Zouma (besides the tendency to be rash) is his positioning. I know some have said they like how he attacks the ball, but he tends to wonder too high up the pitch for me. 

This could perhaps work in our favour with three at the back, if he was allowed the flexibility to break down play higher up, but I really can’t work out if his career is going to amount to anything. Not that I’m remotely writing him off. 

2 hours ago, Ros Coe said:

I'd love to be involved in his training sessions..👍

That’s brilliant. Drills like this look purposeful, energetic, fun and interactive allowing the coach to intervene to improve. 

2 hours ago, Ros Coe said:

I'd love to be involved in his training sessions..👍

And to think when we were in the lower reaches of the champ and in L1 some on here had us believe the Calibre of players we had were unable to play short sharp passing like this. 

yet you’ve got a club who have been non league for c.50 years doing it brilliantly 

so, yes you can coach! 

1 hour ago, Popeye doyle said:

Defensive midfielder perhaps? Campo was a liability in central defence I seem to remember.

Think Zouma  would be ideal there. Physically strong,quick very much like muamba

35 minutes ago, barrycowdrill said:

And to think when we were in the lower reaches of the champ and in L1 some on here had us believe the Calibre of players we had were unable to play short sharp passing like this. 

yet you’ve got a club who have been non league for c.50 years doing it brilliantly 

so, yes you can coach! 

Spot on, pointed this out before, you can't be a pro-footballer if you can't pass or move.

If Zouma struggles positionally at CB when all of the game is in front of him he’ll be a travesty as a DCM. You’ve gotta know what’s going on all around you. 

that role is far much more than just protecting. Large portion of the game and in particular our possession would go through him. It’d be fucking tragic 

• Site Supporter

Didn’t Campo come as a shit Centre Half and end up a great midfielder? I’d take half of Campo’s talent in Zouma.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, MickyD said:

Didn’t Campo come as a shit Centre Half and end up a great midfielder? I’d take half of Campo’s talent in Zouma.

TBF he came with a CL winning medal playing in that position

Something about the English game didnt suit him at centre half so alladyce put him in the coincidentally named Campo role

Since when we presume all dodgy defenders who can pass could play there