Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What do visiting managers say to their players just before sending their players out? "These blokes think they are Barcelona with their swanky stadium and tippy tappy building form the back... ta

Starting to get on my tits now this fucking idiot. Weve heard it all before pal. The only issue with our performances is you trying make a gaggle of spastics play like barca-fucking-lona.

And to think when we were in the lower reaches of the champ and in L1 some on here had us believe the Calibre of players we had were unable to play short sharp passing like this.    yet you’ve

43 minutes ago, MickyD said:

As had already been said though,  he pretty much told us we'd win the league because wer had the best players. We were happy to go with him. 

I think he did this with 2 things in mind; one, in his inexperience he genuinely believed in both his own abilities and the players he got in that this could be the case and two he knows the size of the club and our expectations and therefore wanted to rise to the challenge and tell us what we wanted to believe. We wouldn’t have been very happy and I don’t think he’d have got the job if he was coming in saying we are aiming for mid-table.

But the reality, as most of us accept now, is that this is going to take time, it’s not something that happens straight away and gets us where we want to be by Christmas.

I still believe he thinks we can get into the play-offs maybe even the top 3 if we find consistency. I’m not convinced, I still think we’ll finish mid-table/top half.

Edited by desperado
20 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Hope I’m wrong but I can’t see spending 2 seasons in L2 in FV financial plans 

and people are looking forward to the embargo ending who’s to say any money will be made available, income will be down massively if we don’t go up first time of asking 

Like us all, FVs intent and ambition will have been to go up and up automatically this season. But I’d be surprised and disappointed if they don’t have a plan B that means we stay there and go again next year.

I believe like IE they’ll have aims on still doing it this year. They’ve shown they can react in the short-term if it’s not going right (getting rid of KH and Phoenix) and I think they’ll support IE in bringing in some January additions.

But as disappointed and unhappy as we’ll all be, I don’t think it’s a disaster if we stay in league 2 for another year.

Whichever scenario (and let’s hope it’s the former) I trust FV to lead us effectively and efficiently like they have done so far.

7 hours ago, Ratwhite said:

...Fortunately for him, there are no crowds. 

I disagree...I think it's been proven that stony silences interspersed with groans and shouted comments like; 'fuck's sake', 'sort it out', 'what the fuck was that?!', 'fucking shit, Santos!' and 'Fuck off, Delfoo-enzo!' - provide the proverbial '12th man' that helps win games. 😃

Edited by Youri McAnespie
48 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Hope I’m wrong but I can’t see spending 2 seasons in L2 in FV financial plans 

and people are looking forward to the embargo ending who’s to say any money will be made available, income will be down massively if we don’t go up first time of asking 

I doubt there is a massive difference in the grand scheme. It would probably cost more to sack the manager and his backroom team.

4 hours ago, desperado said:

Like us all, FVs intent and ambition will have been to go up and up automatically this season. But I’d be surprised and disappointed if they don’t have a plan B that means we stay there and go again next year.

I believe like IE they’ll have aims on still doing it this year. They’ve shown they can react in the short-term if it’s not going right (getting rid of KH and Phoenix) and I think they’ll support IE in bringing in some January additions.

But as disappointed and unhappy as we’ll all be, I don’t think it’s a disaster if we stay in league 2 for another year.

Whichever scenario (and let’s hope it’s the former) I trust FV to lead us effectively and efficiently like they have done so far.

I hope so regarding a plan B

sarce & Doyle I think on 2/3 year deals and an extra season in L2 won’t help to support that, fans bought into IE and backed the club with over 8k season tickets that will drop dramatically if we don’t have a respectable season

5 hours ago, Youri McAnespie said:

I disagree...I think it's been proven that stony silences interspersed with groans and shouted comments like; 'fuck's sake', 'sort it out', 'what the fuck was that?!', 'fucking shit, Santos!' and 'Fuck off, Delfoo-enzo!' - provide the proverbial '11th Man' that helps win games. 😃

Yep the crowd wouldn’t of helped especially the first month of the season when the team was trying to bed in we have had some heavy defeats and crelin would of probably been even worse . 
can’t see much changing in January though we need to many replacements at least 4 or 5 . Don’t think there is that much room in the squad or budget for that . 
Another clear out in the summer see what evatt can do then 

6 hours ago, desperado said:

But the reality, as most of us accept now, is that this is going to take time, it’s not something that happens straight away and gets us where we want to be by Christmas.

Do we accept that, why? Coz it's a nice thing to do??

We are 15th in the fucking 4th division, one point above Harrogate Town after 20 games!!. I don't wanna spend time letting him make mistake after mistake while we get embarrassed by the likes of Oldham, Tranmere and Port Vale, it's a fuckin joke and he doesn't learn.

He brought in big hitters for this division Doyle, Sarc, Fonz, and look where we are, it's awful to watch and a ridiculous position to be in.

He may turn it around he may not, but why is there an acceptance that 'time' and a few more transfer windows will sort out all our woes??

I am amazed there are so many people trying to justify him. Illes' report on yesterday's debacle sums it up succinctly for me 'Evatt and Wanderers must find a way to streamline, to simplify, because claiming the high moral ground won’t wash if this club continues to mill around in mid-table'.

I hope he does turn it around, I really do we all want success, but this blind faith in a guy who has only had success at Barrow I find a little mystifying?

Desperpado, this ain't a dig at you by the way, just a challenge to acceptance of the situation that many share you view on. COYWM!

Edited by JimmyRiddle

we  have conceded 9 yes 9 goals in the last two home games and another 3 yesterday yet he still plays the same system an,players game in game out. Kioso will be missing suspended so it will be Jones and Brockbank at wing backs and the usual 3 in the middle. Tutte Thomasson and Sarcervic  being over run in the middle and Fonz Doyle upfront drifting in and out the game frustrating the fuck out of us all.

Why does he not mix it up and play 442 or 433 for me we should go four at the back Jones,Taft Santos Brockbank/Delaney

4 again in midfield of Darcy,Tutte,Thomasson and Kioso when available and Sarcevic linking the midfield with Doyle central

He is just too predictable

Edited by masi 51
1 hour ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Do we accept that, why? Coz it's a nice thing to do??

We are 15th in the fucking 4th division, one point above Harrogate Town after 20 games!!. I don't wanna spend time letting him make mistake after mistake while we get embarrassed by the likes of Oldham, Tranmere and Port Vale, it's a fuckin joke and he doesn't learn.

He brought in big hitters for this division Doyle, Sarc, Fonz, and look where we are, it's awful to watch and a ridiculous position to be in.

He may turn it around he may not, but why is there an acceptance that 'time' and a few more transfer windows will sort out all our woes??

I am amazed there are so many people trying to justify him. Illes' report on yesterday's debacle sums it up succinctly for me 'Evatt and Wanderers must find a way to streamline, to simplify, because claiming the high moral ground won’t wash if this club continues to mill around in mid-table'.

I hope he does turn it around, I really do we all want success, but this blind faith in a guy who has only had success at Barrow I find a little mystifying?

Desperpado, this ain't a dig at you by the way, just a challenge to acceptance of the situation that many share you view on. COYWM!

Fair enough

And I did say for every point I make you could counter that. Positives and negatives that can both be justified. 

1 hour ago, Farnywhite said:

Yep the crowd wouldn’t of helped especially the first month of the season when the team was trying to bed in we have had some heavy defeats and crelin would of probably been even worse . 
can’t see much changing in January though we need to many replacements at least 4 or 5 . Don’t think there is that much room in the squad or budget for that . 
Another clear out in the summer see what evatt can do then 

Aside from the odd game here and there the only noise made for ten years has been groaning and criticism.

If I'd been Feeney I'd have done a 'Cantona'.

I agree he (Evatt's) had it easy.

He was in the BEN commenting that he hadn't 'met the fans'...

I thought - 'Yeah, and you don't want to meet some of our more vocal m0ngalongs, mate'...

3 minutes ago, Youri McAnespie said:

Aside from the odd game here and there the only noise made for ten years has been groaning and criticism.

If I'd been Feeney I'd have done a 'Cantona'.

I agree he (Evatt's) had it easy.

He was in the BEN commenting that he hadn't 'met the fans'...

I thought - 'Yeah, and you don't want to meet some of our more vocal m0ngalongs, mate'...

Feeney got dogs abuse , unbelievable really .He was predictable obviously but Christ he was a idiot magnet.

7 minutes ago, Take Hunt Off said:

Feeney got dogs abuse , unbelievable really .He was predictable obviously but Christ he was a idiot magnet.

I remember one evening match - aside from him no fucker was showing for it - granted most of his efforts were shite, but he was putting in effort.

The dribbling anorak mob had made their minds up no matter what he was the one getting shit.

He must've thought we were all mouthbreathing m0ngalongs - it was embarrassing. Meanwhile Mark Davis was hiding all game and getting shouts of encouragement from the same lot...Tossers.

Since IE was made Team Manager from Head Coach, has he won a game ?

He still has my vote..just!, the stubborn cunt, let's hope he can find some decent players in the January window.

He knows how he wants to play.

He surely to God knows he's not got the players to play it.

He has a window now to get a couple who will help that.

He has a bunch he needs to remove before he has the money to spend ... & players who can't get in THIS fucking team can't be that high on anyone's target list.

He's a stubborn bastard  but if he's at all a grown up he will know that it's make or break.

I'm unsure he's very grown-up at all.

4 minutes ago, Rudy said:

I now know for a fact IE is after a first team coach

That was stated in the BN last week, he has Peter Atherton who came with him from Barrow, he obviously feels we are short in that area.

3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

That was stated in the BN last week, he has Peter Atherton who came with him from Barrow, he obviously feels we are short in that area.

New post went up last night for one

Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

On indeed😀 think I might jazz my Cv up 

Do you own shorts?

Do you know what football is?

when can you start?

I think we all have to remember we’ve a 10 year record of losing matches, structural changes and under investment, the job isn’t just about getting us promoted almost as important is the complete root & branch rebuild of everything behind the scenes, we have to get the foundations back in place, in essence we are building a new football club from top to bottom. Folk who think replacing a manager right now is the right thing to do, need to give their head a wobble, this is a medium to long term project. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper