Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, desperado said:

I don’t disagree with the essence of your post, in that IE has to be accountable for results and he needs to address some of the failings so far. However taking a statement at a time I will challenge you on some of them;

correct some of his mistakes by playing to the strengths of the team and  using the better players in his squad, in their natural positions where possible

Now I’m sorry despite IE faults and mistakes this season I’d still trust his and his coaching teams opinion and understanding of his players above fans on twatter and wandersways . Despite what some social media loons think, these are professional coaches working with the players everyday. They will know so much more about the players, their qualities, their personal circumstances, how they’ve trained, what mental/ physical state they are in, how they’ve performed in certain drills,  how they’re suited tactical formations  etc etc and so much more. If it had been up to fan opinion Santos would have been fired off after 2 games. 

- improving the standard of his signings

Yes absolutely and he is fully on with this 

And when something's obviously not working, to be a bit more flexible, a bit quicker than he has so far.

I’m partly in agreement with this in that he seemingly sticks with players/tactics to the detriment of the end result, the case of Crellin is a good one and this needs to be addressed. But this can be flipped to a positive, he trusts his players, he’s loyal, he’s strong minded (some say arrogant) in his beliefs and non-negotiables which the players have bought into - there’s positive signs there.

Yes he’s admittedly got some things wrong, yes we are not where we should or want to be, but we have to use qualities as fans we are not very good at; trust, belief and patience. 

Good post but...Patience.

That's a good one.

10 minutes into a game and people are screeching to get him sacked unless we're 5 up.

So predictable - every fooking game.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What do visiting managers say to their players just before sending their players out? "These blokes think they are Barcelona with their swanky stadium and tippy tappy building form the back... ta

This is probably the first time since BSA left that I've not had that unrealistic desire in the back of my mind, wishing that we still had Allardyce managing us. Disclaimer: I'm not saying Evatt

Hugh, you are completely and utterly wrong. im actually embarrassed for u, I don’t care if u been supporting us since 1975, you are talking absolute Shyte!    I cannot believe that you fee

• Site Supporter

The problem is, that despite him working with them each day, there have been times when they seem strange to each other and uncomfortable with the roles given.

The wing back situation being the case in point.

We can all see the issues at times, and despite whatever the coaches see during training, they dont appear to be able to fulfil the role where and when it matters. That ultimately is where they will be judged.

Clearly, the window needs to be used and requisite players in, and I'm not interested in getting shut, but improvements need to be made.

Just read George Thomason wiki....Was at Blackpool as a kid/youth played left back.

Natural left foot, comfortable on the ball, run all day

Maybe we had a natural lwb all season after all

Agreed.

I think I said similar somewhere. Naturally left sided, loves a tackle and is a decent passer/crosser. Still raw, but can't be worse than the other half dozen to have played there this season.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Personally I’ve seen enough 

Seasons dead now, unless they win around 66% of games, and that looks nowhere near like happening, we will probably make a late run for the play-offs, which will get us all excited for next season..... in fact I'd take that now.

2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Seasons dead now, unless they win around 66% of games, and that looks nowhere near like happening, we will probably make a late run for the play-offs, which will get us all excited for next season..... in fact I'd take that now.

I would love to eat my words and get promotion but we simply ain’t kicking on with this guy, a strong finish could be the decider when it comes to renewing tbh 

2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

I would love to eat my words and get promotion but we simply ain’t kicking on with this guy, a strong finish could be the decider when it comes to renewing tbh 

The whole covid thing, us starting again in L2, it's all a bit of a hit show really, we need fans back, and I'm with you, another season in L2 will see sales drop, however did Shazza say that there will be something in place if fans are not allowed back this season, if so and depending what the deal is, could be 5k crowds next season.... grim!

• Site Supporter

We could limp into the playoffs if the new lads can bed in quickly and if IE realises what his best formation is, and if we get keeper cover from somewhere. If he gets Aunty Sharons backing and if there's money made available.

I still think he's the man for the job somehow but there's just too many ifs.

• Site Supporter

Might well be frustrating but we’ve been a basket case of a club for a few years now. 
I want some stability, if we sack Evatt at the end of this season, I’ll certainly not be renewing next year. Ripping up the plan every 12 months is not getting us upwardly mobile again

9 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Might well be frustrating but we’ve been a basket case of a club for a few years now. 
I want some stability, if we sack Evatt at the end of this season, I’ll certainly not be renewing next year. Ripping up the plan every 12 months is not getting us upwardly mobile again

IE seeing his contract out could mean us spending 3 years in the bottom league that simply won’t be sustainable for FV

ok I may be rash but if we don’t finish strong come may he needs to go 

IE is a young manager and I can't see anyone currently bringing him to task.

Traditionally he would be called in by the chairman on Monday morning to explain his tactics and plans, or failing that, in our case Nat would have a cup of tea and a chat with him.

I remember what I was like as a manager at his age, my boss used to call me in and tell me my head was too full of theoretical bollocks, now I'm about to finish my innings I sound the same as him.

In my view our managers aren't given enough support, direction and "coaching". I just think IE needs a bloody good old fashioned bollocking but there's no one to deliver it.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

No point getting rid at end of season whatsoever. Either do it soon, or back him to do next time, with fans back and his squad.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

Iamin whatever, but sacking him would be ridiculous

When Evatt first arrived what i expected from our side was pace,agression & energy. I’ve not seen any of those atributes so far and we’ve played 23 games ffs. Truth be known, our general play so far has been a massive disappointment. 

Edited by Burndens Bogs
9 minutes ago, Burndens Bogs said:

What i expected from an Evatt side was pace,agression & fitness. I’ve not seen any of those atributes so far. Truth be known, our general play so far has been a massive disappointment.

I agree there’s been little aggression. Pace too, although he’s addressing that this window. I’m not having fitness though, yes we may have drifted in the second half of some games, but this is more to do with poor possession/passing. We’ve fought to the end in lots of games and scored goals in 80+ minutes 

1 hour ago, desperado said:

I agree there’s been little aggression. Pace too, although he’s addressing that this window. I’m not having fitness though, yes we may have drifted in the second half of some games, but this is more to do with poor possession/passing. We’ve fought to the end in lots of games and scored goals in 80+ minutes 

Its a fair point, but it beggars belief we got ourselves to that stage in the first place, we do seem to be forever chasing goals, that 1st goal is crucial to us these days.

3 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Its a fair point, but it beggars belief we got ourselves to that stage in the first place, we do seem to be forever chasing goals, that 1st goal is crucial to us these days.

Frustrating isn’t it.  I bloody long to get the first (then maybe one or two others) and for another team and set of fans to feel how horrific it is to see the second half minutes ticking away when sub after sub after sub, followed by rest here, drink here, physio here, time waste here, time waste there, keeper keeping hold of the ball for 2 minutes 😤 I might try the going for a walk option next week, if we go a goal down.

4 minutes ago, desperado said:

Frustrating isn’t it.  I bloody long to get the first (then maybe one or two others) and for another team and set of fans to feel how horrific it is to see the second half minutes ticking away when sub after sub after sub, followed by rest here, drink here, physio here, time waste here, time waste there, keeper keeping hold of the ball for 2 minutes 😤 I might try the going for a walk option next week, if we go a goal down.

It's getting to that stage.... big walk and no phone to check on the football.

4 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Yep, stability is some way to what is needed

13 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Definitely this

everything is so fucking depressing at the moment work all week then get frustrated on Saturdays

Yep defo, really hard, as Saturday is the highlight of the week and just keeps letting you down.

would we have been better with crowds ? 
I can see glimmers of improvement........

but the whole situation in life is hard at present