Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

45 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Starting to get on my tits now this fucking idiot.

Weve heard it all before pal.

The only issue with our performances is you trying make a gaggle of spastics play like barca-fucking-lona.

Shut your trap, remember youve had one job before this and that was non-league and crack on and try and win some football matches.

The orange one is correct

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What do visiting managers say to their players just before sending their players out? "These blokes think they are Barcelona with their swanky stadium and tippy tappy building form the back... ta

This is probably the first time since BSA left that I've not had that unrealistic desire in the back of my mind, wishing that we still had Allardyce managing us. Disclaimer: I'm not saying Evatt

Hugh, you are completely and utterly wrong. im actually embarrassed for u, I don’t care if u been supporting us since 1975, you are talking absolute Shyte!    I cannot believe that you fee

Completely blown out of proportion by the Twateratti in my opinion 

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bolton-wanderers-tranmere-rovers-preview-19676710

The bit that seems to have got people upset is this bit;

"It’s been the problem at this club for years that we can’t keep talking about what’s gone on in the past, it’s about what we do moving forwards and we have to go to Tranmere with the positive mindset and try and get the right result on Saturday.”

This is the only bit I’ve seen and heard, so if there’s more to it then I’ll maybe change my opinion.

But come on, based on the above are we really summising that he cares nothing for our tradition and who we are as as a club? It was only this morning, on another thread, we were discussing how the talk of our tradition and who we are overly raised our expectations.

My interpretation is that he wants to focus on the here and now, nothing to get upset about. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, desperado said:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bolton-wanderers-tranmere-rovers-preview-19676710

"It’s been the problem at this club for years that we can’t keep talking about what’s gone on in the past, it’s about what we do moving forwards and we have to go to Tranmere with the positive mindset and try and get the right result on Saturday.”

This is the only bit I’ve seen and heard, so if there’s more to it then I’ll maybe change my opinion.

But come on, based on the above are we really summising that he cares nothing for our tradition and who we are as as a club? It was only this morning, on another thread, we were discussing how the talk of our tradition and who we are overly raised our expectations.

My interpretation is that he wants to focus on the here and now, nothing to get upset about. 

Aye, seems to be a few knickers in a twist over nothing.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Are the knives out on twitter then?

Twatspatulas.

Don't want him gone, and he's still learning. 

Sometimes, all these interviews do managers no favours- perhaps a sign of the times.

Hardly any other staff to do the talking and there’s a presser before every game. He can’t sit there in silence for fear of upsetting anyone.

Its only 7 months since we had 5 professionals, no U23 team, no manager, no first team coaches and no scouts. Some folk would do well to remember that before going over board on Twitter.

I know other clubs could say similar, I’m not interested in them. We are building the whole club again virtually from scratch

54 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Hardly any other staff to do the talking and there’s a presser before every game. He can’t sit there in silence for fear of upsetting anyone.

Its only 7 months since we had 5 professionals, no U23 team, no manager, no first team coaches and no scouts. Some folk would do well to remember that before going over board on Twitter.

Agree with this but then Evatt hardly helped himself by predicting promotion on the back of a few pre season friendlies. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Duck Egg said:

Agree with this but then Evatt hardly helped himself by predicting promotion on the back of a few pre season friendlies. 

Aye, he was a bit previous with that. He'll learn - hopefully

• Moderators

Ian, welcome to bwfc

Cheers mate, great to be here 

How do you see this season going 

Think it's gonna be dogshit pal, no players, no staff, no money

Erm, well, er,  cheers gaffer

Sorry, whats that shaz wants a word about us needing to sell STs?

Just jesting btw, obvs theres a middle ground

• Site Supporter
On 18/10/2020 at 09:55, gonzo said:

The players arent good enough to play the way he wants them to play.

If you cant do the basics youve fuck all chance of possession football.

These players are struggling with the basics.

He needs to adapt and change aspects of his tactics for the situation we are in and with the tools he has to his disposal.

Any good leader or manager can do that.

Its the ones that blindly stick to the same failed ways over and over that fail. Weve seen plenty managers that wouldn't change or adapt their principle. Those managers are responsible for where we are now and our last ten years.

Change, work the situation and still keep your ball playing principles, and get some points on the board rapidly. Or stay arrogant that its your way and your way only and its only going to end one way.

And thats Kevin Nolan or Graham Alexander in charge by jan and us dangerously close to dropping out of the football league.

Exactly where I am mate. He still has time to change things. My biggest worry is he's pissed off his players with his early season rants because there's more than a couple taking the piss with their efforts. 

• Site Supporter
On 22/01/2021 at 20:19, desperado said:

If he'd won 9 out the last 10 he could say what he wanted, when he's won 1 out of 10 he's there to be shot at and the way things are going its likely to get worse.. 

1 minute ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

If he'd won 9 out the last 10 he could say what he wanted, when he's won 1 out of 10 he's there to be shot at and the way things are going its likely to get worse.. 

Turned off from the disappointment yesterday straight after the final whistle, didn’t want a games evening with the family being spoiled. 

We deserve so much better, we’ve put up with so much shit and failure these last 10/12 years and yet still backed the club with our season ticket purchases this season. 

And therefore the point you make is a good one, I get why fans are angry, upset and disillusioned.

But there’s enough to legitimately criticise IE for (changing tactics, personnel, stubbornness, man-management etc - all though all these are debatable IMO)

But I still maintain this particular criticism was wrong. First of all by GM radio who put a misleading headline to the edited clip they threw around on Twitter. And by completely getting things out of context (the historical reference was in terms of putting the 0-3 Tranmere defeat behind us not slagging off our tradition and heritage)  this caused a section to become outraged - adding more fuel to the fire.

But as you say when you’ve won 1/10 people will find anything to have a pop at.

We need some wins, badly

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, desperado said:

Turned off from the disappointment yesterday straight after the final whistle, didn’t want a games evening with the family being spoiled. 

We deserve so much better, we’ve put up with so much shit and failure these last 10/12 years and yet still backed the club with our season ticket purchases this season. 

And therefore the point you make is a good one, I get why fans are angry, upset and disillusioned.

But there’s enough to legitimately criticise IE for (changing tactics, personnel, stubbornness, man-management etc - all though all these are debatable IMO)

But I still maintain this particular criticism was wrong. First of all by GM radio who put a misleading headline to the edited clip they threw around on Twitter. And by completely getting things out of context (the historical reference was in terms of putting the 0-3 Tranmere defeat behind us not slagging off our tradition and heritage)  this caused a section to become outraged - adding more fuel to the fire.

But as you say when you’ve won 1/10 people will find anything to have a pop at.

We need some wins, badly

I don't do twitter etc. because it seems to be full of knobheads & agree with your point but I'm afraid that's how it is these days that why I think footballers/managers should keep away from it. 

I used to do twitter a lot years ago, it's gone to political, like everything. I still check it, but hardly post. Although like all social media, there's some good stuff amongst the bad, dont let the idiots put you off. 

The #bwfc thread is awful, full of mongloids from planet zog. 

I hope Evatt doesn't go on there, his mental health may deteriorate.

• Site Supporter
3 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

I used to do twitter a lot years ago, it's gone to political, like everything. I still check it, but hardly post. Although like all social media, there's some good stuff amongst the bad, dont let the idiots put you off. 

The #bwfc thread is awful, full of mongloids from planet zog. 

I hope Evatt doesn't go on there, his mental health may deteriorate.

Whereas if he came on here he would be a depraved vile druggy pervert within a week 😂

33 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Whereas if he came on here he would be a depraved vile druggy pervert within a week 😂

Probably, but he would also see theres are a good percentage on here who are willing to give him time.

Although at the moment I reckon a drug pervert might get more out of the team 😁

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Probably, but he would also see theres are a good percentage on here who are willing to give him time.

Although at the moment I reckon a drug pervert might get more out of the team 😁

I think one is supplying them 😂