Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What do visiting managers say to their players just before sending their players out? "These blokes think they are Barcelona with their swanky stadium and tippy tappy building form the back... ta

This is probably the first time since BSA left that I've not had that unrealistic desire in the back of my mind, wishing that we still had Allardyce managing us. Disclaimer: I'm not saying Evatt

Hugh, you are completely and utterly wrong. im actually embarrassed for u, I don’t care if u been supporting us since 1975, you are talking absolute Shyte!    I cannot believe that you fee

On 24/01/2021 at 21:25, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Can't they introduce a worst manager of the month award?

Seemingly, whenever our manager wins the other we lose/turn shit, so perhaps it could be awarded to IE now, and we'll go on a good run.

They should sack that manager of the month award, or they should refuse it, poisoned chalice that thing.

Let's hope Keith Hill wins it for January.... or let's hope Nigel Clough doesn't win it because of his blemished monthly record after tonight 😏

Edited by Mr Grey
Link to post
Share on other sites

Will it be a blessing in disguise for Evatt this weekend, sometime changes that are forced on you you work out for the better, Sarcevic and Delaney have both been poor and this tweaked formation hasn't produced results.

Usually things happen in football that the manager doesn't necessarily want to do, but he may have no choice consideringinjuries, suspensions and players a available, this certainly applies to the Orient game, will he throw Darcy and Arthur in ? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Will it be a blessing in disguise for Evatt this weekend, sometime changes that are forced on you you work out for the better, Sarcevic and Delaney have both been poor and this tweaked formation hasn't produced results.

Usually things happen in football that the manager doesn't necessarily want to do, but he may have no choice consideringinjuries, suspensions and players a available, this certainly applies to the Orient game, will he throw Darcy and Arthur in ? 

No way (Darcy), that ship has sailed.  

On Delaney, agreed he's not been playing well, but I expect his replacement to be weaker.  Unless Baptiste comes in and plays one of his good games, like he can do occasionally.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Will it be a blessing in disguise for Evatt this weekend, sometime changes that are forced on you you work out for the better, Sarcevic and Delaney have both been poor and this tweaked formation hasn't produced results.

Usually things happen in football that the manager doesn't necessarily want to do, but he may have no choice consideringinjuries, suspensions and players a available, this certainly applies to the Orient game, will he throw Darcy and Arthur in ? 

Arthur should be in, unless we only go one up top.

Seems that Darcy isn't strong enough, nor good enough. Crawford on the other hand has the energy levels of an sas soldier, the strength of a gorilla, and is a footballing genius.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Arthur should be in, unless we only go one up top.

Seems that Darcy isn't strong enough, nor good enough. Crawford on the other hand has the energy levels of an sas soldier, the strength of a gorilla, and is a footballing genius.

WW is well known for sarcasm, that is top drawer 👌

Link to post
Share on other sites

After yesterday's win, has Brand Evatt been dropped, I know the  conditions were awful, but yesterday we saw a lot more long balls and less of that fannying about at the back, yet we always tried to retain the ball and look to pass.

Has this total pressing football been abandoned or has he at least recognised it wasn't working and he hasn't the players to implement it.

Personally I think he is starting again, Evatt is now in the process of getting rid of the shit that was brought in at the start of the season. The negative to all that is we have a load of loan players who won't be here next season.

Seem a glass half full half empty situation at the moment.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The non-return of Kioso was the final nail in the wingback system's coffin for this season.

IE has a problem now that the 2 man midfield that worked yesterday would be very, very risky at Mansfield & Salford, but it would be hard to drop any of yesterday's front 4. It will be an interesting team selection......maybe Tutte for Thomasson. (that's if Lee is fit to play again )

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter

We played some early balls for sure, but it was always going to be more direct with 4 attackers.

That said, it wasn't aimless hoofing, but just getting on the front foot, running at defenders and being positive and quicker.

Start to the second half, we struggled to get on top for a bit and had to get men behind the ball. However two quick bursts of attacking football saw them undone.

Fair play to IE for it.

As for Tuesday- who knows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, bolton va va said:

The non-return of Kioso was the final nail in the wingback system's coffin for this season.

IE has a problem now that the 2 man midfield that worked yesterday would be very, very risky at Mansfield & Salford, but it would be hard to drop any of yesterday's front 4. It will be an interesting team selection......maybe Tutte for Thomasson. (that's if Lee is fit to play again )

I like Thomason, but he was below par yesterday. I expect changes for Mansfield.

Gilks

Brockbank Santos Baptiste Jackson
Isgrove Lee Tutte John
Doyle Gnahoua

Possibly?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Traf said:

I like Thomason, but he was below par yesterday. I expect changes for Mansfield.

Gilks

Brockbank Santos Baptiste Jackson
Isgrove Lee Tutte John
Doyle Gnahoua

Possibly?

I would go with that, especially as Evatt stated LazyFonzo was carrying an injury.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
2 hours ago, Traf said:

I like Thomason, but he was below par yesterday. I expect changes for Mansfield.

Gilks

Brockbank Santos Baptiste Jackson
Isgrove Lee Tutte John
Doyle Gnahoua

Possibly?

I’d happily go with that

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Casino said:

If john was being considered for left mid, he wouldve gone there yesterdzy imo

Switch him & Jackson, then. 
Jackson's more of a midfielder anyway, I think.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ros Coe said:

I can’t see him changing formation to 4-4-2 after a win.

But it was 4-4-2 unless you offer a FIFA style variation on it such as 4-4-1-1.

Whichever way, it was 2 wide wingers/midfielders (Isgrove and Arthur) either side of 2 central midfielders (Thomason and Lee) and It was 2 up front albeit Fonz playing slightly behind Doyle 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There wasn't any real change in formation, just a change of personnel.

Fonz played as one of the midfield three, in a similar kind of role to the one Sarce does. His heatmap below demonstrates that.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1487108/Live/England-League-Two-2020-2021-Bolton-Leyton-Orient

Arthur, Doyle and Isgrove were the three further forward, although Arthur and Isgrove played more like wingers than wide forwards.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

There wasn't any real change in formation, just a change of personnel.

Fonz played as one of the midfield three, in a similar kind of role to the one Sarce does. His heatmap below demonstrates that.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1487108/Live/England-League-Two-2020-2021-Bolton-Leyton-Orient

Arthur, Doyle and Isgrove were the three further forward, although Arthur and Isgrove played more like wingers than wide forwards.

I Opened the link up, tricky to navigate around, so not sure I’m looking at the right thing. But from what I can see I’m not sure I agree/trust it.

It positions Fonz on the left of a midfield 3 behind Isgrove and Arthur, well that’s not what I was seeing. And I think the heatmap is showing the large Majority of his touches ahead of the midfielders and behind Doyle, a typical number 10, a forward, which makes it a 4-4-2.

Will be interested what others who saw the game thought.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, desperado said:

I Opened the link up, tricky to navigate around, so not sure I’m looking at the right thing. But from what I can see I’m not sure I agree/trust it.

It positions Fonz on the left of a midfield 3 behind Isgrove and Arthur, well that’s not what I was seeing. And I think the heatmap is showing the large Majority of his touches ahead of the midfielders and behind Doyle, a typical number 10, a forward, which makes it a 4-4-2.

Will be interested what others who saw the game thought.

Click the link, scroll to the bottom, select Heatmaps, click the drop down menu and unclick Select All, then click Fonz's name and it will show you his heatmap only. It shows him playing in midfield.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lt. Aldo Raine said:

Click the link, scroll to the bottom, select Heatmaps, click the drop down menu and unclick Select All, then click Fonz's name and it will show you his heatmap only. It shows him playing in midfield.

He definitely did, at one point he was nearest player to our free kick deep in our half, that was ironically  kicked upfield! 

As I remember thinking 1 why is he so close to the defenders and 2 shouldn't he be on the end of the free kick?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.