Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Fair play to him admitting that. He’s not scared speaking honestly.

Pleasing to read also that while promotion is still the target, there’s a plan B in place should it be another year in Div 2 and that the club can be sustainable moving forward. 

While the league table doesn’t reflect it, we’ve come a long way as a club in the last 18 months. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What do visiting managers say to their players just before sending their players out? "These blokes think they are Barcelona with their swanky stadium and tippy tappy building form the back... ta

This is probably the first time since BSA left that I've not had that unrealistic desire in the back of my mind, wishing that we still had Allardyce managing us. Disclaimer: I'm not saying Evatt

Hugh, you are completely and utterly wrong. im actually embarrassed for u, I don’t care if u been supporting us since 1975, you are talking absolute Shyte!    I cannot believe that you fee

15 minutes ago, desperado said:

Fair play to him admitting that. He’s not scared speaking honestly.

Pleasing to read also that while promotion is still the target, there’s a plan B in place should it be another year in Div 2 and that the club can be sustainable moving forward. 

While the league table doesn’t reflect it, we’ve come a long way as a club in the last 18 months. 

Increased pressure next season to go up though if it’s not achievable this season?

Even if we don’t go up, and let’s be honest it’s unlikely, it feels as though we are set up to have a better end to the season and carry momentum into next season. If we finish the season in promotion form, but just miss out because we’ve left it too late, and we can keep the spine of the same team for next season then in a weird way this season could almost act like one massive reset / pre season after all the uncertainty and change we’ve had over the last few - especially seeing as fans haven’t been allowed in.

I’ve said it before but as long as FV are comfortable financially with us having one more season in L2 then it wouldn’t be the end of the world for me if we didn’t get promoted (obviously I’d rather we did). I just want to see progression to the end of the season, some really good results and carry optimism into next season when hopefully we’re back in the grounds.

1 hour ago, Morizio said:

Increased pressure next season to go up though if it’s not achievable this season?

What is he supposed to say?

Let’s be honest, this season next season the season after it should always be the goal until we’re back in the championship, the question doesn’t need asking 

Edited by Rudy
2 hours ago, Rudy said:

What is he supposed to say?

Let’s be honest, this season next season the season after it should always be the goal until we’re back in the championship, the question doesn’t need asking 

I’m not knocking what IE has said 🤷‍♂️

Will FV stick with us in three seasons time I f we don’t got up from this division next season. That’s the point I was trying to make. 

17 minutes ago, Morizio said:

I’m not knocking what IE has said 🤷‍♂️

Will FV stick with us in three seasons time I f we don’t got up from this division next season. That’s the point I was trying to make. 

Ahh I see 

yeah I think so, in it for the long haul, can’t make a quick buck in football 

9 minutes ago, Hutch said:

Big Mick working his magic again

4 games unbeaten in Championship

Let’s stay with the rookie though, it’s gonna come good....

McCarthy doing well in a division where he’s generally tended to thrive. He’d be as clueless in League Two as whenever he’s inadvertently ended up in the Prem. 

24 minutes ago, Hutch said:

Big Mick working his magic again

4 games unbeaten in Championship

Let’s stay with the rookie though, it’s gonna come good....

Why on earth Mick Mccarthy have come to manage a club under an embargo with no players to work along side a director of football from Macclesfield Town?

Big Mick clueless in Div 4....ffs

Were Bolton Wanderers, we should be ripping the fuck out of this division. Stevenage go above us if they win on Saturday. Think about it, Stevenage

Need to give Pullis a ring tonight

1 minute ago, Hutch said:

Were Bolton Wanderers, we should be ripping the fuck out of this division. Stevenage go above us if they win on Saturday. Think about it, Stevenage

Jesus Christ.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Hutch said:

Jesus wept. I don't think people like you are meant to be football fans.

As the title of this thread goes, he’s definitely reeled plenty of BWFC fans into his ‘brand’

We won’t have Big Mick, Pullis, or Moyes as this guy is going to play pass and move football, entertain, and bring the crowds back....

This league is shit, it’s there for the taking, and we are closer to going into Div 5

I have been supportive of Evatt and this is not knee jerk. But I have turned now. We are behaving like tin pot club, this ain’t good enough and shouldn’t continue. Results do matter

13 minutes ago, Hutch said:

As the title of this thread goes, he’s definitely reeled plenty of BWFC fans into his ‘brand’

We won’t have Big Mick, Pullis, or Moyes as this guy is going to play pass and move football, entertain, and bring the crowds back....

This league is shit, it’s there for the taking, and we are closer to going into Div 5

I have been supportive of Evatt and this is not knee jerk. But I have turned now. We are behaving like tin pot club, this ain’t good enough and shouldn’t continue. Results do matter

We won't have Big Mick, Pulis or Moyes because we're in the fourth tier FFS.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

McCarthy doing well in a division where he’s generally tended to thrive. He’d be as clueless in League Two as whenever he’s inadvertently ended up in the Prem. 

Did well at Wolves all things considered, getting them up and keeping them up twice

1 hour ago, Hutch said:

We have more stupid fans than any other club. That is a fact.

Absolutely no knowledge of anything football related. 

Give your head a very big wobble

• Site Supporter

I can’t believe some folk would rather watch dinosaur football every week. Given that Big Mick, BSA or Pulis ain’t coming to league 2, let’s say a realistic target would be getting Parky back. Would anyone seriously be delighted to watch that shite again?

Next season, hopefully we’ll have the nucleus of 15 players left over from this season, not 4 or 5 left over from the season before. I’ve seen enough from Evatt in this window to know he’ll get it right

When all else fails then look at the performances, results and league table. 

After 6 months it paints an honest picture of where you are at. 

He's correct, thank fcuk we have not had to pay good money and witness this dross served up week after week.   

Can you imagine the infighting and stick flying about at away games when we are 2 down after 5 minutes etc? 

Because we are effectively removed from it re Covid, then it doesn't appear as real, hence there has been less real pressure on IE. 

There are other Managers throughout the leagues who would have been potted too in normal circumstances.  

Covid has really proven that fans have real power.  

Edited by captainmed
12 hours ago, Hutch said:

Zero experience of building a team or managing players at this level. If you haven’t worked out by now that we’re operating on a different planet to even the Championship then you never will. 

11 hours ago, Zico said:

Did well at Wolves all things considered, getting them up and keeping them up twice

True enough I suppose, albeit for context it is worth remembering that he got sacked midway through the season that we got relegated under Coyle, so not particularly relevant nearly a decade later.