Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Brand Evatt was seen for the first time this season at the Scunthorpe game, especially the 1st Half.

Will this become the new norm, I'm confident it will, he has changed to a back 4 and Declan John benefits greatly from that, also interesting to hear Evatt mentioning how much he wants to keep John, any manager would based on recent performances.

I suppose Brand Evatt is reliant on getting more players in like John, we have 7 loanees and all these wont be with us next season, therefore wherever we are at the start of next season, we still have a lot of work to do recruitment wise, going forward we need less loan players if we want to build a solid 'BRAND EVATT' team.

The future already looking bright, you gotta wear shades 😎

I know there was talk of a potential maddison contract. Words along the lines of we'll do a deal any way we can. Was this the case with John too? Sure it has been mentioned on a few.

Think dapo is here with a view to a permanent deal, so hopefully we can keep who we want.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What do visiting managers say to their players just before sending their players out? "These blokes think they are Barcelona with their swanky stadium and tippy tappy building form the back... ta

This is probably the first time since BSA left that I've not had that unrealistic desire in the back of my mind, wishing that we still had Allardyce managing us. Disclaimer: I'm not saying Evatt

Hugh, you are completely and utterly wrong. im actually embarrassed for u, I don’t care if u been supporting us since 1975, you are talking absolute Shyte!    I cannot believe that you fee

8 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

IE talking about trying to sign John at the end of the season- it was in the BN.

I've said before we really need to go up this time, so as to be able to temp some of these lads into staying (permanent contract)- again IE hinting at that. 

Hope so mate, I think Jackson maybe out of contract at the end of the season, he's been a decent player for us and unlucky to lose is place, if say we sign up John, Jackson, Dapo and Maddison that would be superb, obviously that will be easier if we get promotion. 

My only worry is we are still getting away with not having a number 1 keeper, Gilkes is fine for this league, but for next season is has to be a priority.

37 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

Hope so mate, I think Jackson maybe out of contract at the end of the season, he's been a decent player for us and unlucky to lose is place, if say we sign up John, Jackson, Dapo and Maddison that would be superb, obviously that will be easier if we get promotion. 

My only worry is we are still getting away with not having a number 1 keeper, Gilkes is fine for this league, but for next season is has to be a priority.

Half the keepers in the Football League are out of contract in the summer, it won't be an issue.

• Site Supporter
45 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

When we go full on Pep and dispense with out and out strikers, we'll need all manner of midfielders/wide men. The players you list all fit into that category- Jackson is primarily a midfielder iirc- and John fits the bill for the modern, attacking fullback.

2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

When we go full on Pep and dispense with out and out strikers, we'll need all manner of midfielders/wide men. The players you list all fit into that category- Jackson is primarily a midfielder iirc- and John fits the bill for the modern, attacking fullback.

Evatt in Stone Island 😎

15 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Surprised gilks is still in. Is this Jensen free in the summer? 

I was thinking there may be a few who are getting on, just checked and delfouneso is only 30. Feel like he has been around forever. 

Doyle is 32 so hopefully we're out of this league before we need to find another goalscorer.

Baptiste is 35 too. 

1 hour ago, Razaldo9 said:

Surprised gilks is still in. Is this Jensen free in the summer? 

I was thinking there may be a few who are getting on, just checked and delfouneso is only 30. Feel like he has been around forever. 

Doyle is 32 so hopefully we're out of this league before we need to find another goalscorer.

Baptiste is 35 too. 

Age is fine as long as they look after themselves, can't comment on Jensen as we haven't seen him, he could be a Crellin or a Jussi.

34 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Wouldnt surprise me if Jensen is in with a view to a season long loan next season.

Do Evatt and Dyche have the Chesterfield connection or different times?

Dyche left Chesterfield in 1997, IE didnt have his first spell there till 2003.

1 hour ago, Biggish Dave said:

Wouldnt surprise me if Jensen is in with a view to a season long loan next season.

Do Evatt and Dyche have the Chesterfield connection or different times?

He appears to be out of contract at the end of the season.

I don't know what Burnley's plans for him are, but his time here could be a kind of six-month long trial.

• Moderators

Completely agree with the sentiment

Naive on Evatts part answering though

I'd like to hear the tone of the conversation and question why Dearden felt the need to ask 

5 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

My thought what brought his answer on 

I'd be interested as to what brought the question on. Doesn't sound like a usual Dearden line

Apart from Hughie on here, who else is negative?

If I'd just won 5/5 and was asked that I'd probably reply in a similar way; who needs negheads 

Edited by jules_darby
1 minute ago, jules_darby said:

I'd be interested as to what brought the question on

Apart from Hughie on here, who else is negative?

If I'd just won 5/5 and was asked that I'd probably reply in a similar way; who needs negheads 

Yep we have debates over players and talk about their performances etc but i haven’t heard any negativity myself 

Good retort to the likes of Henshaw and our very own 'punt it up get a big guy in' lot and general Evatt knockers. 

Plus i will say it again even after a win Henshaw is a complete dick and a total embarrassment. Fuck off with your shout outs your heavy breathing and your shit summarising. I try and listen to the opposition commentary whenever i can its always better even with their in built bias. 

3 minutes ago, Max Cherry said:

Good retort to the likes of Henshaw and our very own 'punt it up get a big guy in' lot and general Evatt knockers. 

Plus i will say it again even after a win Henshaw is a complete dick and a total embarrassment. Fuck off with your shout outs your heavy breathing and your shit summarising. I try and listen to the opposition commentary whenever i can its always better even with their in built bias. 

This.

You watch a game and I really dont want to hear that Jimmy farnsbarns is 33 today and is Athertons biggest white ever .    Fair enough they have to give these a mention , do it before the game then cut it off.     Another thing,  75 minutes gone , its 0-0 and 'we just had a tweet from dorothy in smithills and shes going for a 3-0 victory today !    Wtf.   

Totally gone off subject but 100% agree with mr evatt.

17 minutes ago, W.cramp said:

This.

You watch a game and I really dont want to hear that Jimmy farnsbarns is 33 today and is Athertons biggest white ever .    Fair enough they have to give these a mention , do it before the game then cut it off.     Another thing,  75 minutes gone , its 0-0 and 'we just had a tweet from dorothy in smithills and shes going for a 3-0 victory today !    Wtf.   

Totally gone off subject but 100% agree with mr evatt.

Ha ha, brilliant! Yes its annoying, I don't even know what possesses anyone to want a mention, I cant imagine being in that mindset, we're here to watch a match.  As you say if they have to do it, there's pre-match and half time.