Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

I'm with Evatt, we are on a run, he has the whole club onside and he wants all supporters onside to, although that's impossible, as there will always be negative opinions, even Allardyce had his detractors during the PL era, you just can't please everybody.

Brand Evatt is coming along slowly but nicely

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What do visiting managers say to their players just before sending their players out? "These blokes think they are Barcelona with their swanky stadium and tippy tappy building form the back... ta

This is probably the first time since BSA left that I've not had that unrealistic desire in the back of my mind, wishing that we still had Allardyce managing us. Disclaimer: I'm not saying Evatt

Hugh, you are completely and utterly wrong. im actually embarrassed for u, I don’t care if u been supporting us since 1975, you are talking absolute Shyte!    I cannot believe that you fee

Evatt can FRO if he thinks I dont support a club I have followed since 1975 because I despise his style of football and think he is out of his depth.

The clown will be gone in 12 months but I will still be buying my tickets, shirts etc and even putting up with some of the not rights on here.

I wonder if Sharon shares his opinion ?

2 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

Evatt can FRO if he thinks I dont support a club I have followed since 1975 because I despise his style of football and think he is out of his depth.

The clown will be gone in 12 months but I will still be buying my tickets, shirts etc and even putting up with some of the not rights on here.

Has IE had your wife or daughter? Maybe both

It's a bit thin skinned, even if you can 'get' where he's coming from.

However, I'm not going to be uncritical of a style that counts passing 5 yards, sideways, to a player who promptly passes it back, even if we do get a 93rd minute break.

It's going well currently, but will go even better if that can be tweeked to a more probing style.

It's wrong to be overcritical when on losing runs just as it's wrong to be over effusive on winning ones.

His plan is coming together well, but going on a rant is not smart.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood

Hugh, you are completely and utterly wrong.

im actually embarrassed for u, I don’t care if u been supporting us since 1975, you are talking absolute Shyte! 

I cannot believe that you feel no shame in talking ur brand of crap.

ur clueless, u really are.

however u are entertaining so please keep on posting as I enjoy a laugh as much as the next man.

21 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

You’ve right to free speech and so has evatt, every manager we’ve ever had has had same trouble with pig shit thick fuckers, his comments are 100% right. Winning games is what it’s all about, as a a top manager from our past said if you want entertainment go to the palladium, if you’ve been a fan since 75 you might know which manager said that. 

• Site Supporter
46 minutes ago, hughmungus said:

If you do actually support Bolton Wanderers, you have a very weird way of showing it.

Think Evatt has to be careful not to go down the Megson route of complaining about criticism without acknowledging the support from the vast majority. 8000 season tickets in this division with very few reportedly asking for refunds, regularly having the most people paying for the away streams.

I fully back him, but if I had been doing the commentary Saturday the frustration with the game would have meant I would have said more than Henshaw. I am sure in reviewing the game Evatt will talk about moving the ball quicker, better movement off the ball and taking men on in their half.

I do feel this may have been bubbling for a while the commentators often talk about what the team needs to do , this what fans do rather than commentators and they have their favourites. But Evatt needs to remember they are local radio folk not BBC National sport employees. 

If I was to sum up the reaction to the game on here it would be ' that was shit, but we kept going and beat them'. 

The offside shout was a mistake Henshaw apologised for. There is no need for people to be falling out at the moment the turn round has been brilliant and the focus needs to be on that, if we have 10 1-0 wins in next 10 games that would be great. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hughmungus said:

What kind of football do you want him to play, I know it was pretty shit the first half of the season, and that we are everyone's cup final, would you not agree we have developed and are ticking on nicely with a lot more to come, you can change your mind, quite a few did after about 10 to 15 games, some wanted him out, but it seems they are back on side and are glad we have stuck with him.

...and by the way, I bet Aunty Shaz is chuffed to fuck.

Edited by Mr Grey

I think Evatt brings a lot of it on himself. He has a belief in his own ability and how he sets his teams up.

We all to a man could see that Crellin was not good enough two or three games into the season yet he perservered with him.

Again the system was not right and everyone called for that to be changed long before Evatt changed it.

His substitutes baffle me no goalkeeper being the main one, another is no Centre half on the substitutes bench.

I will hold my hand up and said Santos and Baptiste were just not good enough after the first game.

I was saying that about Baptiste until we went to a back 4.

Also was not impressed with MJ Williams after one game.

Those are slight grumbles that i have and are more than outweighed with the positives Evatt brings to the club.

We have a positive mentality [even when we losing around christmas]

The signings since Phoenix went have been top notch for lge 2.

If we go up or not this year i think we will start next season in a far better position than we did this season.....Its some years since we can say that.

On a sidenote............Barrow got rid of Jolly last week. Evatt will do for me

I came on here and defended Henshaw on Saturday. Mainly because I don’t like those who generally have the clubs best interests at heart getting un-called-for grief.

But I’m 100% behind Ian Evatt. And I largely align myself with his frustrations. I think IE is as well ignoring the likes of Henshaw, when he’s attempting to analyse the game.  

You only have to listen on the remembrance group videos, to see the world that Henshaw and Robbie Savage come from, despite us being in the same division, is a million miles from where we’ve been and indeed very different to where we are now.

And this is in no way meant to sound disrespectful to players and teams of the past, just that BWFCs ambitions and structures which they are currently putting in place are above the standards that Bolton FM and Henshaw offer.

But that’s where we are currently. And as much as I find myself shaking my head with some of their analysis, I’m oddly still supportive of any ex-player, business, blogger and radio station who have BWFC at heart and are supporting us on our rise, when 18 months ago we nearly ceased to exist.

32 minutes ago, DazBob said:

Evatt's being a bit of a puff about all this. Taking it way too personally.

That’s where I’m at

Whys he arsed about Henshaw? Who I didn’t think was particularly negative anyway? Thought it was offside in real time and wasn’t on his own, that’s about it

And who’s been playing recordings of Henshaw to Evatt anyway? And why?

It’s very odd, not like he’s been publicly criticised. Don’t get it me

2 hours ago, hughmungus said:

Get behind the team 

Get behind the manager 

Simple

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

That’s where I’m at

Whys he arsed about Henshaw? Who I didn’t think was particularly negative anyway? Thought it was offside in real time and wasn’t on his own, that’s about it

I agree.

Perhaps he was having a go a munghumous on here?

Managers having a pop back at pundits or whatever isn’t something new. We don’t know the full ins and out, IE will want a positive energy right through the camp, if he doesn’t like what someone has said then it’s up to him to pull them up about it.

Storm in a teacup 

Henshaw is a tit who made a fool of himself on Saturday, but he has apologised & that should have been the end of it.

I don't know why it's got stirred up, but it looks like a PR mistake by IE, having a pop at Henshaw can be spun by those who are keen to criticise, as IE "having a go " at the fans.

Sometimes I do turn the commentary off because maybe we are not playing too well & although it's not the main Scottish guy that annoys me Henshaw does start to get on my tits , He sounds negative & the combination of poor play & Henshaws negativity swings the balance to the off button.

Away games are better when he isn't commenting the main commentary guy is ok in my book.

The constant prattle of  ' suchabody watching in Palm Springs' is also something they need to elbow.We are paying for this shite & don't need moronic interruptions. It's bad enough watching on ifollow with their poxy replays without banal interruptions. 

45 minutes ago, jules_darby said:

That’s where I’m at

Who said it was henshaw that evatt was having a pop at? Seemed to me like it was a general comment about negative fans. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper