Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What do visiting managers say to their players just before sending their players out? "These blokes think they are Barcelona with their swanky stadium and tippy tappy building form the back... ta

This is probably the first time since BSA left that I've not had that unrealistic desire in the back of my mind, wishing that we still had Allardyce managing us. Disclaimer: I'm not saying Evatt

And to think when we were in the lower reaches of the champ and in L1 some on here had us believe the Calibre of players we had were unable to play short sharp passing like this.    yet you’ve

  • Site Supporter
6 hours ago, JimmyRiddle said:

Gary Henshaw commented on what was in front of him in my opinion.

The only perceived negative thing he said, other than the offside fuck up, were that the substitutes were like for like and a change of shape may be better, i.e. two strikers. And let's be honest that second half was pretty dour, and we were struggling; so I think his view was justified from a co-commentator.

Why oh why is IE going off on something like this, he really is precious at times. Maybe because he knows we haven't got a Plan B??

 

Just inexperience, he’ll learn to ignore criticism.

 I think he’s proved that he’s ready to try different options except for a pointless long ball game.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cheese said:

Yes, decent article that by Iles (are we allowed to say that on here?).  Didn't realise the co-commentators don't get paid at all, it sort of explains some of Henshaw's "shout outs" and as Iles says he's normally in the press box anyway.  Its a mystery why Steve Eyre spends his afternoons at our games though, not sure what's in it for him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Yes, decent article that by Iles (are we allowed to say that on here?).  Didn't realise the co-commentators don't get paid at all, it sort of explains some of Henshaw's "shout outs" and as Iles says he's normally in the press box anyway.  Its a mystery why Steve Eyre spends his afternoons at our games though, not sure what's in it for him.

Pretty obvious really.

They consistently quote clubs/players they’ve been involved with or they give their opinion which they hope will impress possible employers.

Lots of bitter commentators around who missed out on big pay days before Sky money.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a decent article as it explores it from every perspective, the passionate manager, the local volunteer radio station and pundits who are trying their best to be a Bolton PR machine while offering a balanced view and the fans who will have a myriad of varying views. Impossible to please everyone. But one thing is for sure if we go up at the end of the season we’ll all be delighted (well maybe not Hugh) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
6 hours ago, Cheese said:

I've just had a listen back. His comments immediately after full time were:

"It is a huge 3 points, but what an awful game, and what an awful performance really. There's not much to say on the positive other than that. We got 3 points, and we got over the line, but Barrow will feel totally dejected, for 92 or 93 minutes they've defended stoutly, possibly had a really good claim for a penelty late on there on 90 minutes, but as we've said it's all about getting 3 points, and it's getting down to the business end of the season. I don't know where that puts us..."

"As they say a goal hides a thousand sins, and that goal today hides an awful game of football...."

"That was stone-wall ugly..."

Not sure if that's what all the fuss is about. Maybe he said more on the radio, but the iFollow coverage ended there.

No different than on here when we're not winning, plenty similar said earlier in the season 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
20 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Good interview from IE to the MEN, the bit about our Shazza makes you feel great about the direction we are going in. 

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ian-evatt-bradford-bolton-preview-19967695.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Article in BN too a few days ago, where IE stated that Sharon was the reason he came here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Article in BN too a few days ago, where IE stated that Sharon was the reason he came here.

If Shazza is short for accommodation, she can live at mine rent free...  no strings 🤩

What a Women 👌 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr. Feelgood said:

I’d expect we go down the B team route and playing friendlies at our leisure rather than committing to a league and having to build a squad accordingly, throwing dead money at lads who are just filling shirts at that level. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

I’d expect we go down the B team route and playing friendlies at our leisure rather than committing to a league and having to build a squad accordingly, throwing dead money at lads who are just filling shirts at that level. 

If it's only that it's an improvement on what we currently do.

Edited by Dr. Feelgood
Link to post
Share on other sites

Think it's time I ate humble pie

I was one of the Evatt out after the tranmere defeat but I'm happy to have been proved wrong I'm not saying he's the messiah but the turn round in results and performance is something I didn't think he was capable of

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 1969 said:

Think it's time I ate humble pie

I was one of the Evatt out after the tranmere defeat but I'm happy to have been proved wrong I'm not saying he's the messiah but the turn round in results and performance is something I didn't think he was capable of

Nobody needs to apologise.  Most wanted IE to change the system (and a few players if possible).  If we'd known what was round the corner - 2 centre backs, 2 capable defensive mids, 2 real full backs, 2 wingers and round pegs in round holes, most of us would have been more patient, I don't think many wanted him out as he's obviously got something about him, something we can get behind and believe in. 

Credit where its due, he's got them playing as a team to their strengths and we have an identity now, long may it continue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Brand Evatt is here, we are seeing a way of playing more consistently now, I'm hoping we storm up and are able to keep hold of Declan John and Dapo, extend Williams and Lee's contracts.

And get rid of all the shite that came in at the beginning of the season.

Its on, the upward curve is fucking on.

Edited by Mr Grey
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we are now seeing the start of 'brand evatt' on and off the field ,  even the most awkward of the evatt out brigade can not fail to be impressed with what's going on.

I think he seems to be very much his own man , own training ideas, own way of playing etc but he must have an eye on repeating what a certain mr Allardyce achieved with us ,  let's just all be in for this ride coz it may be a good un.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, W.cramp said:

I think we are now seeing the start of 'brand evatt' on and off the field ,  even the most awkward of the evatt out brigade can not fail to be impressed with what's going on.

I think he seems to be very much his own man , own training ideas, own way of playing etc but he must have an eye on repeating what a certain mr Allardyce achieved with us ,  let's just all be in for this ride coz it may be a good un.  

Hughm0ngus begs to differ

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, DomRepWanderer said:

Hughm0ngus begs to differ

I feel sorry for HugeMong's cat. It must have been kicked close to death over the last couple of months. He was probably wearing it like a slipper last night.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.