Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Traf said:

Barrow will smash our yoof all around town. Will be tasty up there and folk will need to have their wits about them.

Farmer boys popped up on radiation fuel.

Edited by Mr Grey
  • Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And to think when we were in the lower reaches of the champ and in L1 some on here had us believe the Calibre of players we had were unable to play short sharp passing like this.    yet you’ve

I'd love to be involved in his training sessions..👍

I don't get the intense dislike of Parky. I can understand people not liking his football but he's a world away from Coyle, Freedman and Hill. The team he built just before Madine left was genuin

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Are those Barrow Ultras causing trouble and trying to form a rivalry 😁

Barrow would be better off sticking to morecombe  as natural rivals just across the bay we won’t be playing them again  after next season . As  for Tranmere a trip back to the non league were they can play the likes of Chester and Wrexham nice local derby for them  👍

• Site Supporter
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, BWFC_LOVE said:

Some absolute wronguns up there:-

My overriding thought for the day has been - Had all of this not happened or had the Bolton move not for some reason materialised, today we'd be facing up to the likelihood of losing Ian Evatt to Tranmere Rovers with Mellons departure to Dundee United. 

There's actually a part of me that thinks he might be spitting feathers about this. The Tranmere job after all is more attractive in the short term than the Wanderers one. I think he would've been very high on their list of possible managers and with a squad that could easily bounce back to League 1. Also I dont think he'd have faced as much adverse scrutiny over joining a club which although relegated is much more stable than the one he's now gone to.”

The footballing world is clearly struggling to come to understand that were under new ownership and on our way back.
On what planet have Tranmere ever been a bigger draw than us?

We’re closing in on last seasons League Two top scorer and possibly Plymouth’s player of the year; not to mention a blank canvas for other new recruits, plus the likes of Crawford, Darcy and Politic. Tranmere are gash. 

that's just someone in the denial period of grief, trying to convince and console themselves that Evatt might have some regret already

does he fuck

Edited by ZicoKelly
  • Site Supporter
15 hours ago, Cheese said:

I imagine the majority of non-BWFC people only know about the headline-making problems we've had over the last few years. They don't realise we've stabled the ship and are turning a massive corner. In much the same way most of us don't know the ins and outs of other clubs. I didn't even know Whelan had sold Wigan until a few days ago! I just don't have any interest in football outside Bolton Wanderers, and I suspect most football fans are the same.

It's no surprise that Ian Evatts' name didn't feature in the 'Next Manager' poll on here, yet the majority (if not all) of us are delighted he's got the job.

I remember him gifting the chairmanship of the club to his grandson who owned an unsuccessful chip shop or something. What happened? Which previous chairman decided to dump Wigan on a geezer who put it all on red and black came up?

Requirement wise Evatt is doing top thus far.

That spine he was on about is falling into place, Centre back, another quality midfielder and a decent keeper and he's cracked it.

Just now, Mr Grey said:

That spine he was on about is falling into place, Centre back, another quality midfielder and a decent keeper and he's cracked it.

Be happy if Matthews signs tbh 

1 minute ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Be happy if Matthews signs tbh 

he will do, as long has he doesn't pass it to the opposition like he did at Wigan.

No way is Dodoo an Evatt type player.  As soon as he said he insists the players jog in at half time I knew the Dodoos and Murphys arent going to be his type.  I reckon Chicksen would be an Evatt type player but he's probably never heard of him.

3 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Already got 4 quality midfielders (including Politic) and Sonny Graham as back up that could suit the passing style.  Priorities within our budget elsewhere, as you say centre back (Nsiala/Hobbs/Bryan/Wheater would do for me) keeper, and definitely 2 full backs and another striker.  Doyle could get injured after 3 games, we cant rely on one player up front.

2 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Already got 4 quality midfielders (including Politic) and Sonny Graham as back up that could suit the passing style.  Priorities within our budget elsewhere, as you say centre back (Nsiala/Hobbs/Bryan/Wheater would do for me) keeper, and definitely 2 full backs and another striker.  Doyle could get injured after 3 games, we cant rely on one player up front.

I think we now have 14 players, room for another 8 or 9, i have no doubt Evatt will aquire the right players and fill them positions efficiently. 

2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Keeper or Centre Back 

Yeah some less high profile but just as important defensive signings now hopefully. Hope Faal looks the part too.