Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

pre season

little whitt

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

Premier League is due to start second weekend in September.

So following usual timings then charity shield and EFL starting 1st weekend in September?

Depends whether fans can enter stadiums though. Efl clubs need the ticket money far more than prem teams.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, gonzo said:

I’ll never go to a friendly again.

Completely fucking shit. 

The last 2 friendlies I’ve been to was because we weren’t likely to play them in the league any time soon and I’d not been to their grounds. It was Doncaster and Scunthorpe

2 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

The last 2 friendlies I’ve been to was because we weren’t likely to play them in the league any time soon and I’d not been to their grounds. It was Doncaster and Scunthorpe

I did that with Rotherhams new ground. Not only were we in same league within 12 months but we were also getting trounced in every visit.

I also did the same with Halifax but theres no chance we'll... I'll stop there.

Just now, radcliffewhite1 said:

Looking at denmark away on the 8th but looking unlikely now

Probably still closed doors by then you reckon? 

Taking a huge chance committing to an international weekend this season with some of those potential Bolton fixtures going on at same time!

19 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

August 29 weekend (BH) or September 12 is plan B

Nations League matchday 1 is the weekend in between that so its be a break for PL/Championship but not for us.

Unless we have 3 internationals playing!!!!

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Jockland League One starting in October and playing 27 league games instead of 36. Worth noting as presumably it is coinciding with the aim of people being allowed to attend. 

If Scots can attend from October we can go to games 2 weeks earlier, given that every new measure in England is copied by Scotland a fortnight later.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Johnnyrotten said:

If Scots can attend from October we can go to games 2 weeks earlier, given that every new measure in England is copied by Scotland a fortnight later.

For many Scottish games, social distancing is probably achievable without reducing numbers normally attending...

9 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

For many Scottish games, social distancing is probably achievable without reducing numbers normally attending...

Correct in one send. 
Problem is below the top flight it’s a lot of terracing. There in lies the issue 

4 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Correct in one send. 
Problem is below the top flight it’s a lot of terracing. There in lies the issue 

I still have this feeling that by the time it becomes compulsory for kids to be back in school in September that itll be almost impossible to keep social distancing as a "thing". Itll go from stay home to stay alert to look just do as you please 

Taking Scottish lower divisions and English non league as examples, surely they can divide the terracing up with tape/cones/stewards and you stay in your section of 50 square feet, with no more than "x" no of fans in each section.  With crowds likely to be less than 1k its surely no problem and a life saver to these clubs, the difference between playing and not playing. 

1 hour ago, Leyther_Matt said:

Terracing is no different at all to being stood in a supermarket queue. 

Never mind the supermarket queue, that's quite orderly. Inside the store it's a free for all