Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Warburtons

Spider

A commercial decision made by a company (that happen to be local) to maybe improve the product that they sell.

They find a supplier that can give them an ingredient that they need. Previous supplier can’t give it so are ditched

In the world of commerce what is surprising about that?

british farmers never ever bought cheaper japanese tractors from the other side of the world over dearer british ones.. 

oh wait, thats exactly what they did

Edited by e2e4
typo

“Buy British” our farmers say, then some of them fly Romanian workers in during a pandemic.  Their argument was that they knew the job better than some of our folk who wanted to help out whilst they were twiddling their thumbs bored at home.

It’s wrong in my eyes, during a killer virus to charter planes for workers is wrong when most of us couldn’t. 

19 hours ago, Spider said:

They’ve cancelled a massive supply contract in the UK and started buying from America.

https://www.fwi.co.uk/business/markets-and-trends/crop-prices/warburtons-swaps-openfield-for-frontier-as-supply-partner

Now that’s up to them of course. But it’s not very patriotic.

I’m pretty sure they’ve been getting Flour from there for donkeys years

13 hours ago, Rudy said:

A thread about bread has 3 pages 

you lot need to get out more or find an indoor hobby 

Woah! Hold on there bald eagle, bread is a serious business.

Warbies does decent bread, saying they don't is like a Shoreditch hipster supporting Iceland at the World Cup. 

Societies are built on bread, cultures and food. Its not the staff of life for nothing, the saying to break bread didn't just appear for no reason.

The Turkish shop near us does the most amazing bread - not sure what it is but its seeded and almost licorice in taste.

• Site Supporter
27 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Warbies does decent bread, saying they don't is like a Shoreditch hipster supporting Iceland at the World Cup. 

Societies are built on bread, cultures and food. Its not the staff of life for nothing, the saying to break bread didn't just appear for no reason.

The Turkish shop near us does the most amazing bread - not sure what it is but its seeded and almost licorice in taste.

Semen has a liquorice like quality, I’m told.

• Site Supporter
25 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I reckon the people who talk about Warbys being shit are the ones who booed Jimmy Phillips, Julian Darby, Nicky Hunt, etc. The common theme is pretending not to like anything locally produced.

• Members
57 minutes ago, MickyD said:

That toaster under a cupboard is a bit dangerous. Hope she slides it out into the open bit before toasting things.

Nice arse though!

Funny you should mention that Michael. Our Maude bless,  her nearly burnt the cunting kitchen down last week. She decided to rearrange the kitchen (don’t ask) and put the toaster under a cupboard, but doesn’t pull it out to use it, so last week she burned the cupboard and something fell in the toaster and the toaster was on fire. 

I said why don’t you pull it out, apparently that shakes the crumbs out. So when we’re living under a bridge because Ska Towers is smouldering rubble, at least we won’t have crumbs

45 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

When but did they break a slice of toastie loaf? I think not my good man

21 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Funny you should mention that Michael. Our Maude bless,  her nearly burnt the cunting kitchen down last week. She decided to rearrange the kitchen (don’t ask) and put the toaster under a cupboard, but doesn’t pull it out to use it, so last week she burned the cupboard and something fell in the toaster and the toaster was on fire. 

I said why don’t you pull it out, apparently that shakes the crumbs out. So when we’re living under a bridge because Ska Towers is smouldering rubble, at least we won’t have crumbs

When but did they break a slice of toastie loaf? I think not my good man

Now, now let's not split sliced bread.

theyve been buying there wheat from canada for years, apparently the wheat grown over there is of a better quality than here due to climate,soil etc. it is shen shipped here to be milled over here.

this is maybe why they are the best selling bread in the country, i believe kingsmill and hovis are both owned by bigger companies but there both struggling with hovis having under 10% of the market share which means supermarkets will use them less and less.

i can see 1 of eather kingsmill or hovis not lasting many more years as the big bread (800g) market has been in decline for many years.

1 minute ago, Rudy said:

Marmite

Parma violets

Turkish delight 

Jeffrey Dahmer food.

Don’t dare put Turkish delight and Parma violets in the same breath as marmite. Them two really are for window lickers and just weirdos. Food of the devil those things.