Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kit for next season

DomRepWanderer

2 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

I couldn’t give a toss what it looks like as long as we get 90 points in it next season

Playing devil's advocate, do you care what it looks like if we finish mid table?  If we're bottom 6?  Or do you just not care full stop?

Sad as it is, I care.  I felt a bit embarrassed by the 'bra' and the 'tesco bag'.  And even at £10 I couldnt bring myself to be seen in last season's.  I would prefer to be proud of the kit, just like I'd prefer to be proud of the fans, of the ground, of the manager, of the owners, etc.  What position we are in the league is a completely seperate issue.

8 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Playing devil's advocate, do you care what it looks like if we finish mid table?  If we're bottom 6?  Or do you just not care full stop?

Sad as it is, I care.  I felt a bit embarrassed by the 'bra' and the 'tesco bag'.  And even at £10 I couldnt bring myself to be seen in last season's.  I would prefer to be proud of the kit, just like I'd prefer to be proud of the fans, of the ground, of the manager, of the owners, etc.  What position we are in the league is a completely seperate issue.

🙄 He doesnt care full stop. Neither do i. only kids and not rights buy replica shirts anyway

33 minutes ago, snowball said:

🙄 He doesnt care full stop. Neither do i. only kids and not rights buy replica shirts anyway

Its not really about buying the kit its more about how the team turns out.  I never buy an England kit but would prefer them not to wear one with a bra at major tournaments.  And if I go to an away game and the team's wearing that shitty mustard colour...I'd just prefer it if they didn't.

I've got a few, but in recent years theyve been football aid shirts; have a couple of hummel ones.

the lad always gets one, and i will too this year. every penny, every sinew, every moment I can to next season I will

IMO we had submitted colours to the EFL lat season of white shirts, blue sleeves; hence the hummel kit, then the est 1877, and this is last seasons kit we turned away.

could also be bollocks

6 minutes ago, Farnywhite said:

I would go back to the bra kit and mustard one if it meant premier league football 😃

Yes but with our luck we'd get deducted 150 points and end up in the conference, and still be wearing a bra and mustard combo.

So let's get the kit right and let the league position take care of itself.

2 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

I know what you mean. I don't generally buy replica shirts, except occasionally to play five-a-side, but I'd like us to play in something decent.

Think it looks quite good personally. Always prefer a prominent red trim, even if some of our fans do have weird reservations about it.

Will reserve judgement on the v-neck when I’ve seen it in full, but I’d take an imaginative kit over teamwear shit from Adidas, where they just stick a badge on standard stuff any day.