Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Kit for next season

DomRepWanderer

• Members

b700414ae7922eab17b0ff61cef38350.jpg

This was my first away shirt. Always had home ones but I had a school trip the next day came home and my mam and dad bought me this with 10 McGinlay on the back. Never wore something with such pride, felt a million dollars in it. Think my Mam still has it, might not fit in it now like 😄

So yeah I’m made up with this new one 

8 minutes ago, Rudy said:

b700414ae7922eab17b0ff61cef38350.jpg

This was my first away shirt. Always had home ones but I had a school trip the next day came home and my mam and dad bought me this with 10 McGinlay on the back. Never wore something with such pride, felt a million dollars in it. Think my Mam still has it, might not fit in it now like 😄

So yeah I’m made up with this new one 

Was my first away kit too. I had McAteer on the back. My mobile phone case at the moment is that shirt - no longer retro / classic...

• Moderators
On 20/08/2020 at 23:34, DazBob said:

em to remember Barthez being the first to have short sleeves, and that's because he cut them off.

Seem to remember they used to have to have long sleeves so the ref could easily tell whose arm was going up for a ball - that could be absolute bollocks though. :)

Edit

Ignore me

Edited by ZicoKelly

The thing about the 93 away kit was that because we were sponsored by Reebok, it still looked Ok. With due deference to Home bargains & their branding which I understand should be there for commercial reasons, I'd look a hell of a lot better without it splashed across the front. For that reason, and the fact that I'm over 20, I am oot.

• Site Supporter
12 hours ago, Carlos said:

Pisa was played in yellow kit which wasn’t released I think. I have one somewhere.

Yep, I was there, wearing the blue and red shirt, along with many others.

Including St Michael of Howfen.

I’ll never really understand why people think it’s odd that somebody who is 20+ would wear their teams shirt to the match. 

It’s a football shirt at a football match. I don’t tend to wear shirts these days because it becomes difficult to get in to pubs, especially at away matches. But there’s no finer site than seeing the Reebok crowd completely decked out in white when the weather is warm, like on the first game of the season.

I do however draw the line at getting a players name on your shirt, especially if said player is 20 years younger than you. 

Each to their own and all that.

• Site Supporter
32 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

looking at this with the detail of the home kit, i am wondering if they are designed to be completely interchangeable as they were back then? i know macron like to nod heavily to heritage

seems to be so

Maybe it saves on designing fees.

9 hours ago, Super Bock said:

I’ll never really understand why people think it’s odd that somebody who is 20+ would wear their teams shirt to the match. 

It’s a football shirt at a football match. I don’t tend to wear shirts these days because it becomes difficult to get in to pubs, especially at away matches. But there’s no finer site than seeing the Reebok crowd completely decked out in white when the weather is warm, like on the first game of the season.

I do however draw the line at getting a players name on your shirt, especially if said player is 20 years younger than you. 

Each to their own and all that.

Agree with all of this. Haven’t bought a shirt since we were selling off home shirts for a tenner several years back. 

Nonetheless, those that have a bee in their bonnet over what other men wear are a much stranger breed than those who wear them.

On the subject of players names, once saw a man in his 50’s in a United shirt with ‘Chicarito’ on the back at a Chorley game. Now that was cringy as fuck. 

Edited by BWFC_LOVE