Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't wear a replica shirt, but on the other hand I also wouldn't pitch up at a game with a coat that had goggles built into the hood.

£30 for last season's ST holders. Fuck the rest of em.......

Looks like an inventory of the clothing at a Goan orphanage.

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

I want keepers to go back to wearing outfield shorts and socks too!

It’s the one thing I always look out for if there’s a sniff of an outfield player going in goal. Even the goalkeeper just having different coloured shorts and socks to the GK shirt - not even necessarily the same colour as the outfield kit - would make a nice change. Can’t remember the last time a goalkeeper wasn’t wearing all the same colour shirt, shorts and socks. Think the theory is that it makes them look bigger?

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Leyther_Matt said:

It’s the one thing I always look out for if there’s a sniff of an outfield player going in goal. Even the goalkeeper just having different coloured shorts and socks to the GK shirt - not even necessarily the same colour as the outfield kit - would make a nice change. Can’t remember the last time a goalkeeper wasn’t wearing all the same colour shirt, shorts and socks. Think the theory is that it makes them look bigger?

Yes! Ill-fitting borrowed keepers top over outfield gear.

I hadn't twigged about the all same colour top, shorts, socks thing. Maybe a big blob of advancing luminous giant is enough to plant a seed of doubt in an advancing striker. That can be Donaldsons excuse.

Edited by Marc505
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Yes! Ill-fitting borrowed keepers top over outfield gear.

I hadn't twigged about the all same colour top, shorts, socks thing. Maybe a big blob of advancing luminous giant is enough to plant a seed of doubt in an advancing striker. That can be Donaldsons excuse.

Yeah, the colours tend to be brighter (if not luminous) as it takes the eye a moment longer to adjust, which makes advancing keepers blurry and therefore bigger

 

Still plenty of darker ones about

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr Faustus said:

Yeah, the colours tend to be brighter (if not luminous) as it takes the eye a moment longer to adjust, which makes advancing keepers blurry and therefore bigger

 

Still plenty of darker ones about

Racist. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
On 07/08/2020 at 09:33, Matt said:

Much prefer an embroidered badge. That last shiny stuck on badge was bobbins.

A major issue with embroidered badges used to be that the material used for the shirt was different that that used for the embroidery thread and you ended up with stretches or pulls around the badge where one or the other shrunk at different rates. Where’s @No Balls when you need her?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.