Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion
Sign in to follow this  
BOWTUN BAKED

Away tickets 2020/21

Recommended Posts

I'll probably get an away season ticket this year, but for those that don't, I hope the club are proactive & set up an away match ticket point system before the start of the season. 

There'll be a clamour  for certain fixtures with low allocations & those we've not visited before or not for a long time, not to mention if we are pushing for the top spots. 

They'll be the usual suspects looking for tickets, that rarely or never attend, would be good to see the club set their stall out early, which in turn might drive extra season/half season ticket sales & make folk commit to the new revolution. 

Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Called it weeks ago 

some kind of process needs putting on place for those that put the graft in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salford & Barrow will be a problem but i'd expect ST holders to be alright everywhere else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did we have them last season ?
in fairness, over the last 10 years never really been a problem with always from what I can remember

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are some generous allocations In league 2 tbf but if we take off I do see a scramble for some. Think in league one 16/17 we had 12 away sell outs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The majority of lads who post on here are reasonably well clued up so will get tickets for most/all they want to go too. The early games though if there’s a small allocation need to be season ticket holders with 3 away games on last years ticket.

Needs to be a ‘caps’ based system moving forward though. The more away days you’ve got against your season ticket, the higher the priority.

Might not be fair on them who do away games but not home but if you’re putting money into the club, you should get priority

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

same boat; also contemplated a salford st too on direct debit as a back up. i could hand it out rest of the year. but then i had a word with myself

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Salford will be the trickiest one no matter what.

Barrow will be fine if it is midweek, and even on a Saturday they might give us the full end behind the goal which, including the bit going around the corner to the seats (plus a few of the seats) might come to more than we first think - at least enough for a couple of days on sale to season ticket holders.

Macclesfield and Morecambe will give us as many as they can fit in. Oldham and Port Vale will be anything up to 4,000 so no issue.

Harrogate would be a nightmare, but are the only ones that would be an issue out of all of the play-off candidates.

Must admit that, since Burton under Parky where you got priority with x number of previous away games, I have generally tried to buy online and assign the other tickets to those who are coming with me so that we have points built up from previous seasons, just in case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Do corporate still get first dibs on away tickets?

if so that needs to stop 

 

Yes they do, which you could argue is fine.

However, getting 2 tickets for each CRN isn't fine 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a Gold Card/White card to those supporters who have done the hard yards the last 4 to 6 seasons > away ticket preference. 

Fleetwood a couple of years ago was the only game that caused an issue, L2 though, some games, i would say 4 or 5 are going to be tricky.

Lets hope Salford is around March, that way the club can sort out the hard core away lads, say at least 8 ticket (example) stubb/aquesitions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

Have a Gold Card/White card to those supporters who have done the hard yards the last 4 to 6 seasons > away ticket preference. 

Fleetwood a couple of years ago was the only game that caused an issue, L2 though, some games, i would say 4 or 5 are going to be tricky.

Lets hope Salford is around March, that way the club can sort out the hard core away lads, say at least 8 ticket (example) stubb/aquesitions.

The prem days system worked (early years)

which was like that averaged out at 3/4 stubs then going down etc 

6 hours ago, BOWTUN BAKED said:

Yes they do, which you could argue is fine.

However, getting 2 tickets for each CRN isn't fine 

think going back further they used to get a set amount of tickets allocated and a lot of hush-hush going on 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone wanna go halves on an away one with me and let me pick all the plumb fixtures and you can go to all the crap ones?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just looked at league 2 table, should get decent allocations at most places.

given the Covid circumstances, I would think most will give us as many as we want anyway as they need the cash!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has the club ever sold away season tickets? If so, how much do they usually cost?

I can only remember ever missing out on City away in 1997 so never felt the need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Duck Egg said:

Has the club ever sold away season tickets? If so, how much do they usually cost?

I can only remember ever missing out on City away in 1997 so never felt the need.

I’m sure they did not that long ago think it was £30 membership

For me it’s more of the knowing come sale Monday morning it’s in the bag and I don’t have to log on with 1000s who may of not been to recent aways

for me vouchers over away season ticket 

Edited by radcliffewhite1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think them away season tickets, you got charged for every away game except maybe 2 or 3 a season you could miss? There’s going be a few midweek away games I won’t be going to so I’m oot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gonzo said:

Anyone wanna go halves on an away one with me and let me pick all the plumb fixtures and you can go to all the crap ones?

I’ll be up for that mate. Bagsy Forest Green, I’ve got another table booked in their clubhouse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

I think them away season tickets, you got charged for every away game except maybe 2 or 3 a season you could miss? There’s going be a few midweek away games I won’t be going to so I’m oot

This is how it works if i remember right. You pay for a ticket for every game (unsure if cup games included)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Do corporate still get first dibs on away tickets?

if so that needs to stop 

 

No they dont

They get the same entitlement as every other season ticket holder. One per ticket

There are not that many that travel on a regular basis

Girls in the corporate look after the few regulars 

If anyone thinks that if 100 people in the platinum suite for example all decided one week they wanted to go to Barrow - it would not happen . Unless other fans requirements had been met first. 

Where they are useful is late on,  when for example  players return tickets for sell out games , is in helping get those tickets into the hands of genuine fans who have missed out  - I have asked on many occasions , phone call on a friday , for lads i know who have missed out and sometimes, not always ,  at the eleventh hour it works. 

That informal side of it should not be knocked as many people over the years have benefitted from it 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Benny The Ball said:

No they dont

They get the same entitlement as every other season ticket holder. One per ticket

There are not that many that travel on a regular basis

Girls in the corporate look after the few regulars 

If anyone thinks that if 100 people in the platinum suite for example all decided one week they wanted to go to Barrow - it would not happen . Unless other fans requirements had been met first. 

Where they are useful is late on,  when for example  players return tickets for sell out games , is in helping get those tickets into the hands of genuine fans who have missed out  - I have asked on many occasions , phone call on a friday , for lads i know who have missed out and sometimes, not always ,  at the eleventh hour it works. 

That informal side of it should not be knocked as many people over the years have benefitted from it 

 

 

 

 

 

They certainly did years back

my old boss was on receiving end many times 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

They certainly did years back

my old boss was on receiving end many times 

They did indeed. It was how I ended up sitting in amongst the home fans at Swindon in League Cup. Corporate guy said he’d sort me out and didn’t. He then managed to get two of the 200 extras they sent up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to put a downer on this thread, but does anyone seriously think these small away grounds in League 2 will allow away fans, pre-vaccine?  (in any numbers, maybe a token 200 or so).  OK there might be some leeway in 2021 but away season tickets out of the question for me in 2020, lots of clubs will need to use all 4 sides for home fans, assuming reduced capacities.  The one exception is us, we could still have away fans in a corner of WSU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RUREADY2ROLL said:

How does the away season ticket work and what was the price last season?

They didn’t have one last season . It was a one of a few years back under Anderson 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.