Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Any Decent Sausage's Anymore ?

leigh white

1 hour ago, Escobarp said:

Steak Square sausage still Piss on normal sausages anyway. @MancWanderer can testify to this culinary extravaganza. 

on that note pal I will bring you the same down next week or week after. Just text me let me know what you are wanting 👍🏼

Good man. I’ll text you. Def have that haggis again as well

24 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Is that the same as a Lorne sausage?

Reminds me of roasted sausage meat at Christmas.

It’s a pack of 4 beef Lorne sausages that Esco gets. Supreme. Packed with meat. Dry fry them and a lot of fat is released but I fry my egg in the sausage fat 

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, MancWanderer said:

Good man. I’ll text you. Def have that haggis again as well

It’s a pack of 4 beef Lorne sausages that Esco gets. Supreme. Packed with meat. Dry fry them and a lot of fat is released but I fry my egg in the sausage fat 

I've got a food erection thinking about that!

For supermarkets Morrison’s definitely do the best imo

Apart from Esco’s square sausages the best I ever get are from Bury Market. No idea the name of the stall but always seems to be two wimmin running it. Their pork and black pudding, and pork and leek are ace. Stall on Bolton market also v good but can’t for the life of me remember which one it’s been so long since I’ve been

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, MancWanderer said:

For supermarkets Morrison’s definitely do the best imo

Apart from Esco’s square sausages the best I ever get are from Bury Market. No idea the name of the stall but always seems to be two wimmin running it. Their pork and black pudding, and pork and leek are ace. Stall on Bolton market also v good but can’t for the life of me remember which one it’s been so long since I’ve been

The meat stall fairly central?

WM butcher's: two blokes bought it off their boss when he retired, but changed its name. Gone heavily down the sausage route, with some decent meat too.

Been going for years on an occasional basis; our lad has grown up in front of them and they remember his name every time we go!

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

The meat stall fairly central?

WM butcher's: two blokes bought it off their boss when he retired, but changed its name. Gone heavily down the sausage route, with some decent meat too.

Been going for years on an occasional basis; our lad has grown up in front of them and they remember his name every time we go!

Yeah I think we might be talking the same one. 

Let's be honest, sausages have never been better, most places do really good ones now, even supermarkets have good quality these days. Like plenty have said above, your local butcher is usually the place to go though, I'm quite lucky that we have a couple near here, who both do a cracking range. One of them smokes their own bacon as well, and that's lovely

34 minutes ago, Sweep said:

Let's be honest, sausages have never been better, most places do really good ones now, even supermarkets have good quality these days. Like plenty have said above, your local butcher is usually the place to go though, I'm quite lucky that we have a couple near here, who both do a cracking range. One of them smokes their own bacon as well, and that's lovely

Few fishmongers near me smoke their own fish. It’s different class. 

although the king of smoked fish is an arbroath Smokey of course. Simply delightful 

• Site Supporter
20 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

Few fishmongers near me smoke their own fish. It’s different class. 

although the king of smoked fish is an arbroath Smokey of course. Simply delightful 

If you're ever round the Lancaster area, pop over to the smokery at glasson dock.

If it has previously existed, they smoke it.

On 05/07/2020 at 01:07, Rudy said:

all tinned meat is vile

I always take some M&S tinned tongue back home when I visit the UK. Their tinned stewed steak is top notch too.

I used to like Walls and Richmond sausages. People wanting meaty sausages should just buy meat. Sausages should have rusk in them and be a shocking pink colour.

Edited by Mannyroader