Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

David Dunn.

leigh white

2 hours ago, Mr Grey said:

To right he was, what did she ever see in that little chunky fucker.

The millionaire little chunky fucker ? 

He's actually not that little or chunky really , always hanging about with the retired Blackburn Hoolies tho like lord of the manor.

29 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

The TV screen doesn't do him any favours then 😁

Totally agree , I always thought Stuart Ripley was a skinney lightweight winger type but hes a beast of a physique, nice guy tho he shit himself in digs in little lever .

"name dropping Waddy"

• Site Supporter
36 minutes ago, kent_white said:

I was sure he'd signed for Bolton but never played towards the end of his career!

The Mandela effect 😂

It nearly happened twice. Allardyce was on the brink of signing him in 2007 - he'd passed a medical and agreed terms - but Blackburn re-signed him at the last minute. Then Lennon tried to get him on a pay-as-you-play deal in 2015, but that fell through too. I'm glad. Blackburn twat.

I forgot he'd been Oldham manager for all of 3 months 5 years ago.  Then again that's a long time for someone to last at Oldham.  Prior to being at Blackpool recently he'd been out of football for 18 months.  Barrow must see something in him coz its not his CV that's got him the job, looks like a huge low budget risk for a club new to the league.

• Site Supporter

I thought Dunn had been helping out coaching the kids at rovers before Blackpool but I might be wrong. Maybe he has been in the Barrow mind to replace Evatt for a while knowing Evatt would get poached and the speed they appointed him - and hence the reason Barrow borrowed a couple of Rovers kids

4 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

I thought Dunn had been helping out coaching the kids at rovers before Blackpool but I might be wrong. Maybe he has been in the Barrow mind to replace Evatt for a while knowing Evatt would get poached and the speed they appointed him - and hence the reason Barrow borrowed a couple of Rovers kids

Roughly speaking since he left Oldham he's spent a third of his time at Blackpool, a third at Blackburn and a third out of the game.

5 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

I can see why clubhouse shut even though it's good cheap pint like you say welcome to the league 

Watched Barrow many of times in the last 20 years in between following Bolton, i never thought we would be playing each other in the same league eight years ago. 😄

1 minute ago, Rizlar said:

Same here have some good friends who follow Barrow good drinking town bit rough but cheap .

Same here, i had some forbording after working in London 20 years ago and being told your off to Barrow for 4 months, i loved the place. Went up before the lockdown for the W/E when they played Notts Co, all the nightlife places had gone and not a patch how it used to be.