Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Paddy Power

Whitestar

Anybody advise on account suspended?

This has been suspended since the weekend, thought for the first day it was maybe a technical issue with their site, now I'm not a big user and they certainly won't miss my business but trying to contact them is like using a medium.

They suggest i send them age verification, address id and proof of funds, well they have been quite happy to take my hard earned for the last few years.

So now i want to withdraw my money from my account,,, err NO.

Now its not a massive amount but again no contact possible.

Any ideas?

27 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

This has been suspended since the weekend, thought for the first day it was maybe a technical issue with their site, now I'm not a big user and they certainly won't miss my business but trying to contact them is like using a medium.

They suggest i send them age verification, address id and proof of funds, well they have been quite happy to take my hard earned for the last few years.

Any ideas?

Yes provide what they ask for or you won’t get your money. Simple as that. You will waste much more time and effort arguing than to actually produce it mate. Sorry 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Whitestar said:

Any ideas?

Out of interest, how did they contact you to ask for id?

In any case, send it them, see what happens

If you've not got a scanner that might be a pain in the arse, unless they accept photos of passports 

You probably took a decent value bet. 

Send em the details if you want the account.

They (bookies in general) have people sending selfies holding passports with a piece of paper with today's date on it as KYC. 

Lads for what it's worth i'll put it down as a tuition fee, coz its taught me a fuckin lesson.

Didn't contact me at all just keeps saying account suspended!

No way I'm sending them every bit of identity theft that they are requesting.

5 minutes ago, Whitestar said:

Lads for what it's worth i'll put it down as a tuition fee, coz its taught me a fuckin lesson.

Didn't contact me at all just keeps saying account suspended!

No way I'm sending them every bit of identity theft that they are requesting.

You'll get this with pretty much all bookies these days. 

8 minutes ago, Spider said:

They’ll have spent your money on a big tin of hoof oil for their knackered horses the horrible pikey cunts

Hoof oil sounds like something Allardyce's back room staff invented. 

2 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Aye tracks money laundering 

Aye. Tracked me rinsing em for bonuses for 2 years for 3 sets of accounts...

Second kid put paid to it for me but a lot went full time bonus bagging! 

Funny how KYC increasing coincided with bonuses going shit isn't it? 😁 

I used to use a Marketing Agency that did a lot of Paddy Powers on line advertising. He told me they had a remit to do anything ‘wacky’ because they simply do not have offers or odds that are better than the competition. 
They basically sell themselves on being a bit Irish and fun. 
Every other bookie insists on the ID stuff as well. Either send it or write the money off. 

Made a lot of money trading shares in Flutter entertainment over the last year. Well oiled machine, massive revenues and the take over was good business IMO.

In fact since lockdown SMT & MNKS (As posted on here mid-March) have gone up 100% & 50% too.

As I said at the time there was real money to be made when the FTSE was circa 5000 but few shares have seen such spikes as those two.

1 hour ago, captainmed said:

Made a lot of money trading shares in Flutter entertainment over the last year. Well oiled machine, massive revenues and the take over was good business IMO.

In fact since lockdown SMT & MNKS (As posted on here mid-March) have gone up 100% & 50% too.

As I said at the time there was real money to be made when the FTSE was circa 5000 but few shares have seen such spikes as those two.

More money to spend on over priced holidays instead of using the main man 😁

For anyone keen on following captainmeds wolf of Wall Street escapades I've just started using this app for stocks and shares. Free trades and free account or £3 for a stocks and shares isa...

Invest in stocks and ETFs commission-free. Sign up here with your email and get a free share worth up to £200 to get started.

https://freetrade.io/freeshare/?code=AE21J8ZNYM&sender=FYI454g4

Saves ten quid commission per trade from Hargreaves and lansdowne and aj Bell. 

One time use referral if anyone wants it. 

3 minutes ago, stevieb said:

For anyone keen on following captainmeds wolf of Wall Street escapades I've just started using this app for stocks and shares. Free trades and free account or £3 for a stocks and shares isa...

Invest in stocks and ETFs commission-free. Sign up here with your email and get a free share worth up to £200 to get started.

Never done stocks and shares. Don’t know much about them and the hassle of getting signed up to a platform always seemed too much of a ballache. If it’s as easy as the above sounds, could be tempted.

Is there a risk that if it’s so easy, it could lead to “over trading”. Like being able to bet so much more easily on an app than at a bookies.

16 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Never done stocks and shares. Don’t know much about them and the hassle of getting signed up to a platform always seemed too much of a ballache. If it’s as easy as the above sounds, could be tempted.

Is there a risk that if it’s so easy, it could lead to “over trading”. Like being able to bet so much more easily on an app than at a bookies.

To be honest it's a very easy app for the novice (like me). 

No 'trading' facilities like shorting or leverage. Just buy and sell stocks or ETFs 

The best bit about it is you can buy fractional shares. So amazon is 1000 dollars plus but you can buy 20 quids worth if you want. 

I'm planning on chucking a little bit into the stocks and shares isa each month and just go from there. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/07/2020 at 19:51, stevieb said:

anyone else got a code going begging? cheers