Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Cashless Future

Breightmet Boy

2 hours ago, gonzo said:

Fuckin ell mate you wouldn’t believe some of the bullshit we have to go through to get paid off some folk. 

Not just domestic stuff either. Big companies are the worst.. 

EFA

I use either Amex or NatWest credit card for virtually everything. With 1% cashback, it mounts up pretty quickly and pays for our Christmas Eve boozing and a meal out on Christmas Day.

Only use cash when out boozing so I have a rough control of things. Could be tricky on an away day though when we’re used to chucking cash in to a kitty. Was enough of a pain when supping in the handful of places on the Bermondsey Mile that were card-only. 

• Members
3 hours ago, gonzo said:

Fuckin ell mate you wouldn’t believe some of the bullshit we have to go through to get paid off some folk. 

Not just domestic stuff either. Big companies are just as bad. 

Ever get paid in kind?

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

Ever get paid in kind?

he used to get a cheeky wank from Uncle Brian (RIP) I'd heard................and I'm not sure he even did his windows

Edited by Sweep

• Site Supporter

Local cricket club have installed ROUND, an app for pubs and clubs to take socially distanced orders.  The good bit is that all sales are accounted for.  The bad bit (for the staff) is that tips no longer exist. 

I'm all for cash but felt obliged to get a contactless card for when the pubs reopened, so I got one against my wishes.

In five (different) pubs, that I've been in since reopening, the barmaid has taken the card off me and taken it to the bar, to pay for my drinks .:huh:

Contactless isn't contact-less 

1 minute ago, darwen_white said:

I'm all for cash but felt obliged to get a contactless card for when the pubs reopened, so I got one against my wishes.

In five (different) pubs, that I've been in since reopening, the barmaid has taken the card off me and taken it to the bar, to pay for my drinks .:huh:

Contactless isn't contact-less 

Be wary of that. I got stung in Chester for two drinks that cost exactly £30.

It's dangerous being pissed and ordering cocktails with the Mrs! 

1 minute ago, stevieb said:

Be wary of that. I got stung in Chester for two drinks that cost exactly £30.

It's dangerous being pissed and ordering cocktails with the Mrs! 

Rest assured mate, I watched like a hawk. 

I was told I wasn't allowed to go to the bar and pay, but I went to the bar and watched what was happening with my card 😊