Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Competition's

Whitestar

Won tickets to a Michael Mcintyre gig at the MEN arena. Worst seats in the arena.

I entered a BBC TV comp for tickets for the World Cup final in '82. 12 question during the tournament and I got them all right. And this was using proper research by going down to the library and useing knowledge that I already had. When they did announce the winner they did say that less than 1000 people had got all the questions correct. I was dead proud of myself.

54 minutes ago, Underpants said:

It was a place where I could hardly see him. He's not my cup of tea but he's alreet.

Theres a lot of seats like that in there. Back corners of top tier in a less well attended event are some of the coldest, loneliest places on earth.

9 minutes ago, Marc505 said:

Theres a lot of seats like that in there. Back corners of top tier in a less well attended event are some of the coldest, loneliest places on earth.

Back of the bottom tier, side on to the stage. Absolute gash.  Couldn't see all of the stage. Would have complained if they weren't free.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, leigh white said:

Won second prize of a signed football with the Bolton team of 77/78, i gave it away to the first kid walking down Railway Rd in Leigh outside the Journal offices. I thought i'm not carrying this about all day.

Admit it, he took it off you cos he was bigger than you 😂

• Site Supporter

Me and wife gave up smoking in 2006 and a workmate pointed out a website asking for couples who helped each other to give up. It was a national thing and we came second, winning £3000 in Thomas Cook (RIP) vouchers. They paid for me, wife, brother and three kids to see Bolton play Ath. Madrid. 

Won 2 tickets for the final session at a World Championship Snooker at The Crucible. I wasn’t arsed, but my dad was mad keen.

Stephen Hendry had it wrapped 18-4 so there was no final session.