Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Competition's

Whitestar

25 minutes ago, Rudy said:

Me mam won £10k ok Absolute radio. Think all you had to do was text win

I enter that one every week so that gives me a bit of hope. 

Just remembered I’d won four tickets through Sky VIP for the Fleetwood away game that never happened this season. 

• Moderators
3 hours ago, freds dad said:

I won six figures on the lottery a few years. Not enough to retire on but enough to pay off the mortgage and put a few quid away.

How many numbers did you get?

I've always thought there must be something bitter sweet about getting five or five and the bonus ball

Or worse still getting 6 then finding out you have to share it with 40 others

26 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

I've always thought there must be something bitter sweet about getting five or five and the bonus ball

I got 5 and the bonus and fortunately was nowhere near for the sixth. 

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, freds dad said:

I got 5 and the bonus and fortunately was nowhere near for the sixth. 

It's the difference between being born on the 1st or the 31st for some

1 hour ago, ZicoKelly said:

My brother got 5 out of 6 on the ‘set for life’ one the other week. Instead of £10k a month for the next 30 years, he got £240. Bit of a step down. 

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, ZicoKelly said:

That's what happened with the wife's syndicate.  12 or 13 in it. And was one of 7 or 8 winning tickets.

Still a chunk that we didn't have before though. 

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

A woman who lives near me drives around in a mini that says all over it WIN A MINI and loads of other writing regarding marketing for whatever its advertising.

Thing is, this mini is 13 reg, i always wondered if she won it and got the actual car or if it is some ongoing competition with no closing date so nobody ever wins.

My mam once "won" an all in holiday for family of 4, to Antigua. She was able to upgrade the kids places to 2 adults for £200 per person.

It was a comp run with lucky tickets in tubs of butter.

She knew a factory worker.....and they could tell which tubs had the winning tickets in.....for £200!

We met richard branson too, was a virgin ting.

3 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Has anyone, in the history of man, ever bought one of those dead expensive raffle tickets for sports cars, sometimes found in malls and airports?

I once bought a ticket to win a Hillman Avenger on St Annes promenade, guess its been drawn by now so i mustn't have won it.

6 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

Has anyone, in the history of man, ever bought one of those dead expensive raffle tickets for sports cars, sometimes found in malls and airports?

Its done online now.

https://www.botb.com/?utm_source=Adwords&utm_medium=CPC&utm_campaign=Gen&utm_content=SpotTheBall&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpsrY-qTc6gIVi7HtCh2NiQCeEAAYASAAEgJfQvD_BwE

• Site Supporter
23 minutes ago, White on Tyne said:

I once paid a quid to enter a competition to win a Mini in Burnham on Crouch. All I had to do was throw 6x6’s on a set of dice.   
And you’ll never guess what!

I didn’t win 

Organised an open day at Bolton Fire Station where one of the money-makers was going to be a stall throwing 6 dice. We got a local car sales place; I think it was Gordons, to donate a car with the proviso we had an insurance against it being won. I think the insurers wanted about £700 one-off premium if it was only 6 It went down to about£300 if we used 7 dice and only one throw. We didn’t bother.