Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Competition's

Whitestar

5 hours ago, MickyD said:

Organised an open day at Bolton Fire Station where one of the money-makers was going to be a stall throwing 6 dice. We got a local car sales place; I think it was Gordons, to donate a car with the proviso we had an insurance against it being won. I think the insurers wanted about £700 one-off premium if it was only 6 It went down to about£300 if we used 7 dice and only one throw. We didn’t bother.

Worked with a company that does those insurance deals they make a fortune. The extra dice takes the odds from About 42000/1 to nearer 250,000/1. 
We got 5 numbers on lottery for £1600. Bonus ball would have been about £100k. Jackpot not won that week was £6m.

Mrs won Olympic tickets from visa we saw volleyball which was shit and judo which was really good. 

ive put this on here before.  I won 1st prize at a Bolton Lads Club fete at Hacken Lane in a raffle.  They phoned me up but didnt tell me what it was.  When i got there they handed me a big square in a bin bag, it was a tapestry of a boy with a hat on with a feather through it.  I was expecting a St Andrews Travel envelope.   

There was a competition on the radio to win a 'Feast For The Office'.  One of the girls sent a email off to them telling them why we deserved it most.   

I phoned my mate up and told him to put a DJ voice on and tell her we'd won.  She was buzzing, he even told her to make space on the car park for the Greenhaulghs van and a couple of tables to get our huge feast on.  She ran round and organised it all, putting the tables in the middle of the room and even invited the next office to come and share our winnings. after wasting half of our dinner time clock watching i told her,  She went ballistic at me when the bombshell was dropped, threw half her desk at me :D

13 minutes ago, Breightmet Boy said:

There was a competition on the radio to win a 'Feast For The Office'.  One of the girls sent a email off to them telling them why we deserved it most.   

I phoned my mate up and told him to put a DJ voice on and tell her we'd won.  She was buzzing, he even told her to make space on the car park for the Greenhaulghs van and a couple of tables to get our huge feast on.  She ran round and organised it all, putting the tables in the middle of the room and even invited the next office to come and share our winnings. after wasting half of our dinner time clock watching i told her,  She went ballistic at me when the bombshell was dropped, threw half her desk at me :D

That’s brilliant.  😂

i also copied a girls lotto numbers at work and pretended to be getting the numbers up near the window away from her and read them out.  I gave her five numbers, one was next to her 6th number, and the bonus ball.  She threw the ticket at my work colleague and yelled 'Im rich'.   That didnt go down well either, none of the building trusted me after that, all 5 floors heard about my 'lousy trick'  :D

• Site Supporter

I used to work with an Aussie in Liverpool and one of the girls in the office and her mate had spent the previous day at some fete where they'd done a balloon race where you write your name on a ticket and whoever's balloon goes furthest gets a fumble off Stan Boardman or some such thing.

Anyway the day after the fete my mate phones up this scouse bird in his strongest Aussie accent concocting some story about sitting out on his veranda sipping a Tooheys and lo and behold this shrivelled balloon lands at his feet with her phone number on it. She takes the bait ( as I said she was scouse) and he proceeds to explain how a balloon can travel faster than a plane when it's in the atmosphere  and then to cap it off he tells her by coincidence that he's coming over to UK for a holiday and wonders if he can stay at hers now they're best friends. He then hangs up. A week later he went round to her house with a suitcase and got chased away by this lass's mam as we hid round the corner,