Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Jimmy Phillips

Horwich

No idea how is record with the academy stacks up against other academy’s or  If we should of been doing better but weren’t we rated number 1 or something a couple of years back for our level ? Had a few players come through also  so wouldn’t of thought it was all bad . Good luck to him 

1 hour ago, Spider said:

Liked him as a player.

Can't comment on his work behind the scenes as I haven't a fucking clue what he did.

Ditto.

Thanks for all your years of service to the whites Jimmy. Hope you can come and say your goodbyes at pitchside when we are ack in the stadium so we can thank you the proper way.

17 minutes ago, gonzo said:

A lot of rose tinted specs about on Twitter about him as player. Bang average. 

I’d honestly say bang average was a tad generous. Though never did like the grief he got simply as he was a local lad.

Limited ability and unspectacular.

37 minutes ago, gonzo said:

A lot of rose tinted specs about on Twitter about him as player. Bang average. 

If Jimmy Phillips was a bang average player (400 appearances at tier 2 and above) , what are the twitterati saying about these 4th Division players Football Ventures are signing up.

• Site Supporter

Two “special” moments I recall; one good, one not so good.

First was his goal v Wolves from about 25 yards out.

Second a pass across the Lever End box hitch resulted in a Southampton goal.

He didn’t do enough of the first but, while maybe not quite committing too many major fuck ups you were certainly left thinking that a fuck up was more likely than another wonder goal.

7 minutes ago, Roger_Dubuis said:

If Jimmy Phillips was a bang average player (400 appearances at tier 2 and above) , what are the twitterati saying about these 4th Division players Football Ventures are signing up.

We’ve just signed a Ball playing CB, the leagues top scorer, the leagues best attacking midfielder and scorer and the best passer. 

You cant ask for any more than that.

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

We’ve just signed a Ball playing CB, the leagues top scorer, the leagues best attacking midfielder and scorer and the best passer. 

You cant ask for any more than that.

I think you’re doing a disservice to Crawford there mate. For me he’s the best midfielder in league 2 easily. 

• Site Supporter

We now need the players with the most successful crosses,  most successful dribbles, most tackles etc.

Then the half time entertainment needs the biggest tits.

Edited by Steejay

5 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

A bit harsh.

Not saying it wasn't time for a change but always had the clubs best interest at heart imo

My son's been there for 7 years and he doesn't know who he is, and I've never heard him speak, in the flesh.

Edited by peelyfeet