Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

lge 2 forum

masi 51

I've been browsing that forum for years

You have to remember that in the whole the people there have been following teams that have been shit their entire lives, not just the last 10 years or so in our case

23 hours ago, masi 51 said:

Been going on a lge 2 forum run by a Rob Dunkley.....Tried to put a honest viewpoint on our new manager /new signings

Said we have signed  4 players and they are better than the four we have replaced.....we are killing the game over paying etc....Should not be in the lge billy big bollox......everyone hates us

Top and bottom they all hate us.

Playing devils advocate...which 4 that they replaced are you meaning?  Or just generally?  We've lost 1 or 2 players that we wont replace with better, in my opinion.

20 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Playing devils advocate...which 4 that they replaced are you meaning?  Or just generally?  We've lost 1 or 2 players that we wont replace with better, in my opinion.

who? really? are you meaning Lowe & Matthews? Struggling to think of any others and of those two Lowe wouldnt fit new system and is bang average whilst i am very confident Evatt will find a ball playing keeper on less money at least as good as Matthews?

I would hope Doyle and Sarcevic are bettet than anything we had and the other two look promising and really dont have much to do to be an improvement over the wretched lot that have been binned off. 

I'm assuming we're just referring to players we had in the last few months of the season and so discounting Chicksen, Verlinden and Bridcutt.  Those that were still with us that I dont expect to improve on - Emmanuel, Lowe, Hobbs, Daryl Murphy, Brandon Fleming, Kean Bryan, Matthews, Nsiala, possibly Bunney.  I have high hopes for Doyle and Sarcevic obviously, they should be an improvement but not guaranteed; the other 2 signings dont look on paper to be better than those we had surely? Matthews definitely wont be replaced by a keeper as good.  But we're in a lower division with a lower budget so I dont expect to have better players, I expect to have a better manager that can mould them into a team that know what they are doing and are played in their correct positions. 

Emmanuel - couldnt defend for toffee bad attitude allegedly. no big loss

Hobbs- waste of space if always injured and he was

Fleming- was he the lad from Hull? seriously?

Kean Bryan? forgotten him already 

Nsala - a cart horse 

Bunney- based on what i saw when we played Dale - shite 

Doyle should mean dont miss Daryl.

I'm more confident we wont miss any of them than i am that Evatt knows his onions more that Onions.And hes got to. please God.

Yes hopefully Doyle should mean dont miss Murphy, but we'll only see Doyle in Div 2 and he's not proved himself as a championship/Div 1 striker like Murphy - but dont get me wrong I'm buzzing to have Doyle in, no problem.  Emmanuel  -  good luck finding us a better defender this year signed for Div 2.  And definitely we wont have a better attacking full back.  Hobbs - yes, injured too much, I agree, but a good defender when playing.  Fleming - not as good as Chicksen but miles better than Andy Taylor so it shows that there are worse full backs about and every chance we will get worse in this league; he'll be a regular for Hull in Div 1.  Kean Bryan - decent, you forgetting him doesn't make him worse than a Colchester player we've never heard of surely?  Nsiala - I completely disagree - good centre half for us in Div 1 (eg better than Wright from Sheff U), comfortable  on the ball and would fit into an Evatt team, there wont be a better centre back in Div 2.  Bunney - better CV than the Cambridge lad, so not sure how we can say Taft is a better player when we havent seen him play?  And yes Evatt knows his onions, I'm just not one for throwing out the baby with the bath water.

Well we will see. I am hoping we will have a better team irrespective of whether we agree about how good individually they are. Organised by a better manager.  Hoping it all works out. However as ive said before young lads and Crawford aside i am glad the rest of last seasons lot are gone. 

It's horses for courses. Comley and Lowe aren't the same type of midfielder, just as Taft and Nsiala aren't the same type of defender. 

There's no reason to think that either can't prove themselves wiser investments than re-signing players who played for us at a higher level. It's often better to have a squad of unknowns whose careers are on upward trajectories than it is to have jobbing household names who have played (and mostly failed) at a higher level.

6 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Bryan is far too good to waste a season in L2 unless he really wants to start from scratch again.

Fleming I wasn’t sold on. I reckon we can get as good or better for less than he’ll be on at Hull 

I agree on Bryan. He'd cruise this league.

For me, Fleming was very good at getting up the pitch, but he had a tendency to overhit his crosses, and defensivley was too easy to get past, which is a bit of a problem. I get the impression a good manager would be able to get something out of him though, but I don't think he'll re-sign for us.