Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

PC Harper

Spider

20 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I can’t disagree with the verdict because I didn’t hear all the evidence in court.

Did you?

PR Harper's wife was. Our local newspapers in the Thames Valley had reporters there. They all seem pretty disgusted. 

Driving a car down country lanes at breakneck speed with someone being dragged along for a mile while accumulating horrific injuries seems to me to be worthy of the highest punishments. That is not what has happened. PC Harper's wife is shocked. So is the local community. 

Of course I'm sure its all too complex for us all to collectively understand it and your superior intellect and wisdom gives you insights to which we mere mortals can only aspire.

1 minute ago, paulhanley said:

PR Harper's wife was. Our local newspapers in the Thames Valley had reporters there. They all seem pretty disgusted. 

Driving a car down country lanes at breakneck speed with someone being dragged along for a mile while accumulating horrific injuries seems to me to be worthy of the highest punishments. That is not what has happened. PC Harper's wife is shocked. So is the local community. 

Of course I'm sure its all too complex for us all to collectively understand it and your superior intellect and wisdom gives you insights to which we mere mortals can only aspire.

But sadly you have to prove beyond reasonable doubt they intended to kill him. 

only one was driving and he’s got manslaughter I believe? (Correct me if I’m wrong) So the other two rats can’t get anything worse for being in the car? 

but they should get the maximum possible 

31 minutes ago, paulhanley said:

Although Mrs Harper and the local press are not impartial (you said earlier the locals were outraged). The jury should have been impartial and (whether we like it or not) they decided they were not guilty of murder.

The incident was terrible and I think we all agree they are deserving of a very long sentence. The manslaughter verdict allows the judge to give them that and I hope he does.

Edited by Jol_BWFC

34 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Although Mrs Harper and the local press are not impartial (you said earlier the locals were outraged). The jury should have been impartial and (whether we like it or not) they decided they were not guilty of murder.

The incident was terrible and I think we all agree they are deserving of a very long sentence. The manslaughter verdict allows the judge to give them that and I hope he does.

There seems to have been issues with the jury

7 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Which legal professionals?

sorry ,i adjourned to the public house for several hours

as a normal bloke dickhead drunk taxpayer ,i dont have the first clue about the legal profession apart from what i have seen on the tellybox. I just think that when our bezzie mate Shamima turns up here for her appeal which she got over the heads of the British public and politicians the outcome will be decided by a bunch of crusty old judges with their own interests at heart

i feel pretty sure when the judges that came to this decision it was all about brass as in ,"who will defend her"?

dont worry pal ,our Ermintrude who works for Twats Twats n utter bollocks will take the case

another crusty says well thats settled as my grandson Adonis who works for Bellend Bellend n total dogs bollocks will take the case for the government

so how do we think it works out for you ,me and Shamima?

this lot dont give a fuck

Ermintrude has a new skiing chalet in Austria (sleeps 14)

Adonis got that new apartment in Monaco he always hankered after , just around the bay from uncle crusty

and for the rest of us ,maybe 15 million quid

and they all lived happy ever after

6 hours ago, Escobarp said:

But sadly you have to prove beyond reasonable doubt they intended to kill him. 

only one was driving and he’s got manslaughter I believe? (Correct me if I’m wrong) So the other two rats can’t get anything worse for being in the car? 

but they should get the maximum possible 

This what I don't understand about the manslaughter verdict rather than murder. As you say, there were 2 of em in the car that weren't driving, they all must of seen how close they came to him, your not telling me that the 2 cuntflaps didn't look out the back window and see what horrific consequences were occurring. Sickening which ever way you look at it and none of them should ever see the right side of a prison wall again. 

I'm not someone who says this sort of shit flippantly, but they should be lined up against the wall for me!!! 

(I am someone who is currently drunk as fuck though, so feel free to disregard this post) 

8 hours ago, boogs said:

This what I don't understand about the manslaughter verdict rather than murder. As you say, there were 2 of em in the car that weren't driving, they all must of seen how close they came to him, your not telling me that the 2 cuntflaps didn't look out the back window and see what horrific consequences were occurring. Sickening which ever way you look at it and none of them should ever see the right side of a prison wall again. 

I'm not someone who says this sort of shit flippantly, but they should be lined up against the wall for me!!! 

(I am someone who is currently drunk as fuck though, so feel free to disregard this post) 

I am someone who says those sort of things regularly 😂 and I agree with you and a number of folk that these two will never add anything to society and this is a terrible terrible crime. 

we all know they knew he was attached to that tow rope and knew what the consequences were. I suspect in the US the outcome of the trial would be very different. 

Edited by Escobarp

• Site Supporter

I just wonder how you lot would feel if it had happened to your partner, dad, brother or sister, I don't need all the technicalities of the law . String the low life dirty bastards from the nearest tree and allow stoning while it's going on.

1 minute ago, Good Knee said:

I just wonder how you lot would feel if it had happened to your partner, dad, brother or sister, I don't need all the technicalities of the law . String the low life dirty bastards from the nearest tree and allow stoning while it's going on.

Who’s saying any different? So not sure what the “how you lot would feel” is for? 

• Site Supporter
13 hours ago, crawshawbooth said:

as a normal bloke dickhead drunk taxpayer ,i dont have the first clue about the legal profession apart from what i have seen on the tellybox. 

You’ve been posting on Wanderersways for quite some time. Haven’t you picked up anything at all from the countless legal experts on here?

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, Jol_BWFC said:

I think you're right. We get emotional over things like this, and rightly so. However the law and courts etc have to try to remove this from the case.

Sounds terrible, but a family member probably isn't the best person to judge.

The jury were given protection once the police received word that they were facing potential intimidation. Whether that's enough for a retrial, we'll see.

Perhaps what needs looking at is the sentencing guidelines, so sentence length is appropriate to the action, even if the actual crime isn't murder.

1 minute ago, MickyD said:

You’ve been posting on Wanderersways for quite some time. Haven’t you picked up anything at all from the countless legal experts on here?

sorry Mick i havent picked up any advice from any of the armchair generals or bastions of industry that post on here

now i can get back in the pub i will need a bit less legal advice from our experts

all good fun tho 

take care mate

1 hour ago, Good Knee said:

And a £25 fine to boot

• Site Supporter

From Google:

Murder is committed when a person of sound mind unlawfully kills another person and they have the intention to kill or to cause grievous bodily harm. ... Involuntary manslaughter applies where a person has caused the death of another but they have done so without the intention to kill or cause grievous bodily harm.

My reckoning is that the fact a tow-line managed to somehow lasso the policeman and he died as a result it would qualify as manslaughter. The driver, however, was reported; with video evidence, to have then attempted to rid his means of escape of the person he was dragging behind him. I reckon this qualifies as intent in that he could have stopped but chose not to. 
I just hope the lack of remorse shown by the three compels the judge to head towards the maximum sentence rather than the minimum.

Also from Google:

Depending on the severity of the offence – and if it is classified as a voluntary or involuntary act – the maximum sentence for manslaughter in the UK is life imprisonment. However, the judge may impose a lesser sentence, including: A prison sentence – typically ranging between 2 and 10 years.

2 hours ago, Escobarp said:

I am someone who says those sort of things regularly 😂 and I agree with you and a number of folk that these two will never add anything to society and this is a terrible terrible crime. 

we all know they knew he was attached to that tow rope and knew what the consequences were. I suspect in the US the outcome of the trial would be very different. 

Didn't even remember I'd wrote that (see pissheadery thread) 

I know absolutely diddley shit about law so God knows why I was chipping in about it, especially at that time. Also, I say things like "they should be thrown off nearest bridge" all the time so I don't know why I was drunkenly acting otherwise 😂