Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

PC Harper

Spider

4 minutes ago, Mr Grey said:

I think he was referring to a certain set of people, not off here.

Unfortunately Mick I'm still in work, no whisky in my bottom draw, and I'm gonna stay away from pubs, so might have a nice bottle of vino tonight, hopefully a little tipsy later.

Soz, got wrong end of the stick. 

I’ll definitely be partaking tonight. Cheers!

2 hours ago, MickyD said:

Looked from the news footage as though this has happened in the station grounds rather than in the station. Could be from the entrance gate or perimeter fence. I reckon most police stations have car parks viewable from outside and therefore shootable to anyone with a grudge, a gun and a suicide plan.

Reads to me like it’s inside the station, where the cells are. With the dead officer being described as a sergeant I would suggest it has gone on inside and the victim is a custody sergeant. 

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, Biggish Dave said:

Aye, I’m not referring to anyone on here - just knobheads often seen spouting on SM about defunding police etc. They make my blood boil.

aye, the extreme ones who just want to see places burn will probably be celebreating this

Folk are having a pop at the female Reverend's comments where she said she felt sorry for the perpetrator as well, turns out she was active at a BLM protest and put pictures on her social media accounts which she has hastily now deleted.

One or two rags saying the suspect was on a terror list too.

I'm puzzled by how he fired the gun whilst supposedly handcuffed.

Very sad day again indeed.....the world is truly fucked.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

So have they released details about who shot him yet 

It probably speaks volumes.

edit = BBC news quote:

The suspect was known previously to counter-terrorism officials and had previously been referred to the government's Prevent programme, which is designed to stop people joining extremist groups and carrying out terrorist activities. 

However, Met Police commissioner Dame Cressida Dick said the shooting was not being treated as terror-related.

Edited by MickyD