Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pubs What Away Fans Go At Bolton.

leigh white

I cannot imagine attending a game without anesthetic. Horwich is a better option than Bolton pre and post match but with dwindling numbers it has been convenient to drink in Spoons till 14:15 and catch the train now they are running on Saturdays again. The Villa coach mentioned by Marc505 was a double decker they pretty much filled The Crown but there was no bother.    

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

Don't think I've been anywhere quite as intimidating as Ayresome Park on a cold January night... 

Boro memories :

Getting a good hiding off the Boro mob & doing one to get one of our best to wake up from his snooze on the coach(DS) .Game changer ! Circa late sixties.

Warwick Rimmers late winner there which gave us a bit of fun getting back to the coach.Season laterthan above I think.

Jack Charlton era 4-0 stuffing & the usual aftermatch bobbin & weaving

Boro v Newcastle in the prem went with a workmate as I was working up there.Absolute carnage after the game vans / gangs & blood.Even went in the Spartan pub before the game.Quite scary glad I was with a Boro fan.Went on the Holgate & the amount of abuse they directed at their own players was unbelievable .Jimmy Phillips got shitloads!

Last visit when we did them 1-0 in the snow .No real scary moments that day although the sight of a balacalavered Boro fan smacking the arse of a police horse with a piece of 4 x 2  which subsequently reared & dislogded the rider lives in the memory.

Always interesting was Ayresome Park.

Edited by Take Hunt Off

i went to one random game at Goodison when Wanderers were playing at Walsall, just for a sesh when Everton played Boro in a cup tie, fucking hell it was brutal. Never seen as much kicking off. Even at Lime St it was mad after the game, i was lucky to pass by and catch the train without getting hit with a bottle.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, leigh white said:

i went to one random game at Goodison when Wanderers were playing at Walsall, just for a sesh when Everton played Boro in a cup tie, fucking hell it was brutal. Never seen as much kicking off. Even at Lime St it was mad after the game, i was lucky to pass by and catch the train without getting hit with a bottle.

Bottles flying at head height then? 😁