Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Jimmy Wagg

gonzo

2 hours ago, Whitestar said:

Remember Piccadilly on a Saturday afternoon used to do all local football and the pre recorded   "OH NO!" Used to be played when a goal against was conceded, you just knew it would be us.

Loved that. And 'its a goal ' listened to it at my grandmas house on saturday afternoon. great memories 

3 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

If I go anywhere by car its on permanently, for sport, music, news or chat.  Working at home in lockdown, I have it on most of the working day but not usually live, I pick the best programmes from BBC Sounds or listen to a programme an hour or 2 behind so that I can cut out the worst songs etc.

Sorry I was referring more to a football program or live games, if I’m not at the game I’d never stick radio on

• Site Supporter

Liked him. My dear old mum used to listen to his Sunday show (WOW??) religiously.

She rang in one day and she couldn’t answer a fairly easy question (not the Rome one....) and the pair of them took the piss something rotten, but was all in good spirits and they still sent her a prize.

Shame he’s gone, he seemed to enjoy our success and made presenting sound natural and easy.

The manc cunt.

Edited by Spider

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Underpants said:

Talking about folk leaving. It looks very much like Beswick is going at the end of the year as well.

I think beswick has said not before the end of the year

At which point we will probably get a national show

Itll be shit

But at least the daily mails anti licence brigade will be happy

The utter cunts

3 hours ago, jayjayoghani said:

Is John Gwynne still doing match reports? 

Not locally. He’s often on Sky Soccer Saturday at some lower division outpost, on a dodgy phone line like the old days.  He’s the match day announcer at lancs county cricket as well as being very active in darts as said above, hosting tournaments and commentating. After dinner speaker too. I always associate him with doing the Oldham matches on GMR under Joe Royle, made it sound really exciting.

2 hours ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

Sorry I was referring more to a football program or live games, if I’m not at the game I’d never stick radio on

If I’m not at the game, which is about 20 away games a season at the moment, I immerse myself in sky sports, 5 live radio and GMR but the last bit only if there’s good coverage of our game...and until we are losing by 2. So for about half an hour usually.

51 minutes ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Was Dearden who had throat cancer recently I think, I know he's not universally liked on here but I used to always listen to RL on Sundays and Thursdays so he's been a bit of a constant sports wise for me.

Cracking fella, and his commentary for the Wilbraham goal makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. 

4 hours ago, ErnestTurnip said:

Was Dearden who had throat cancer recently I think, I know he's not universally liked on here but I used to always listen to RL on Sundays and Thursdays so he's been a bit of a constant sports wise for me.

Can't understand why Dearden isn't liked. Don't listen to the RL stuff so can't comment on that side.

1 hour ago, Underpants said:

Can't understand why Dearden isn't liked. Don't listen to the RL stuff so can't comment on that side.

Jack is liked.

Cracking bloke , always has time for a chat and a laugh.

Seen him at Wanderers away games even when he is not working.

One of the good guys . Fought the dreaded C over the last 18months and hopefully has won the battle.

Even asked our Ashburner St for a selfie , in the hotel a year back.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, embankment said:

Jack is liked.

Cracking bloke , always has time for a chat and a laugh.

Seen him at Wanderers away games even when he is not working.

One of the good guys . Fought the dreaded C over the last 18months and hopefully has won the battle.

Even asked our Ashburner St for a selfie , in the hotel a year back.

If it was a selfie of jack it’s not technically a selfie. If he asked for a selfie of Ashburner it’s a bit creepy.

add me to the Jimmy Wagg fans. Could listen to his Radio show all day