Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Boozing in your seat

stevieb

I like a drink as much as anyone and I like a pint before and after the match.  I've never seen the appeal though of being huddled under the stand in winter drinking cold overpriced fizz that's not particularly good. 

Allow us to attend games from the off please Boris.  In masks if needs be

• Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, gonzo said:

If you can’t last 45 minutes without an ale you’ve got issues. The bar is 60 seconds walk from your seat. 

No from me, I don’t want covering in ale every time We score.

Nah, just when it’s a last minute winner, and it’s away.

40 minutes ago, gonzo said:

If you can’t last 45 minutes without an ale you’ve got issues. The bar is 60 seconds walk from your seat. 

No from me, I don’t want covering in ale every time We score.

A really bizarre way to look at it. Especially from you ha. Stops chugging 2 down in 15 minutes. Drink at own pace. I love a beer with football in any other place I go. Why not the stadium.

• Site Supporter
10 hours ago, Super Bock said:

This could be a good opportunity for the club to increase its match day revenue.

If they sold some decent beer instead of the Molson Coors bobbins then people may be tempted to come into the ground earlier and they’d also sell more pints during the game.

Appreciate it’s not as straight forward as that, but surely if the club is selling more beer there is scope to get a better and more bespoke deal with one of the local breweries. 

If they sold a decent pint, at a decent price in a decent (if plastic) 'glass' and I didn't sit right at the top, in the corner of NSL I would say yes.

Unfortunately by the time I got up to my seat up the big steps I'd have nowt left.

• Members
16 minutes ago, birch-chorley said:

I can’t wait to start our first spray party when we get a last minute equaliser at home to Harrogate 

Fosters everywhere like we’ve just won a Grand Prix 

I’d rather be sprayed in boiling hot bovril