Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Who would live in Bolton?

crawshawbooth

Just spent a boozy afternoon in a pub with some people who have turned back up in my town after leaving 40 years ago to live in South Africa

then New Zealand

and the last ten ..Gold Coast Australia

they get the keys to their new house Friday . everyone they meet says "why did you come back here"

their stock answer is  "why did you never leave"

had a frisky friend with them

about 38c

• Moderators

I spent 18 years trying to get out of Horwich

Though I'd happily go back now

Randomly reminds of when Juninho signed for Boro, was asked in an interview

"Why on earth would you swap Sao Paulo for Middlesbrough?"

He replied

"You've clearly never been to Sau Paulo"

• Members

I’ve been all over the world and seen some incredible places but honestly when I’m on my way home and I see the red light on the mast on winter hill it just makes us happy. 

I love the place and I’ve never been anywhere and realistically thought I could live here over Bolton

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

I’ve been all over the world and seen some incredible places but honestly when I’m on my way home and I see the red light on the mast on winter hill it just makes us happy. 

I love the place and I’ve never been anywhere and realistically thought I could live here over Bolton

In a similar vein I’m the same with the sea. Couldn’t imagine living away from it. 

Its like a comfort blanket, it’s always there roaring away no matter what else is going on. 

1 hour ago, Marc505 said:

Love it and loathe it but I wouldn't want to be from anywhere else.

Yep I love where I live now and wouldn’t swap but Bolton is home. And I’m proud of that. Always have a sense of pride telling folk where im from. 

Moved to Salford uni then manc from Bromley Cross when I was 18 for 10 or so years. 

Moved to Horwich when my lad was nearly 2 and city centre living was off the cards. 

Told the Mrs it was because we were midway between our parents in BX and Chorley but really it was so I could stumble back from the match without falling asleep on a train! 

Just now, Blondi said:

So where do all the posh folk live in Bolton? Always thought Heaton and Lostock are the posher places.

The quaint village of Westhoughton.

2 train stations, 2 craft ale bars, 1 joey holts pub , Charlies Chippy , Balti Taste, Casa Nostra, Mangrove , Hardware Store and an Aldi.

Surrounded by countryside walks . And a 25min stroll to BWFC.

Oh and Jeep , Myself and Victor live there.

6 minutes ago, embankment said:

The quaint village of Westhoughton.

2 train stations, 2 craft ale bars, 1 joey holts pub , Charlies Chippy , Balti Taste, Casa Nostra, Mangrove , Hardware Store and an Aldi.

Surrounded by countryside walks . And a 25min stroll to BWFC.

Oh and Jeep , Myself and Victor live there.

Doesn't Mike James live on Dobb Brow? Remember playing a round of golf at Westhoughton golf club and someone pointed out his huge mansion in the distance.

Edited by Blondi