Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer news elsewhere

Johnnyrotten

With about 3 months of transfers to go, there are going to be some interesting moves in this strangest of years. A few have caught my eye in recent days, a few involving ex BW. Jake Turner, remember him? Gone to Morecambe on loan. Why is he not still here? Joe Riley left Bradford to replace our new right back at Carlisle. Bridcutt permanent move to Lincoln, he’s better than that. Away from BWFC, Kemar Roofe, ex Leeds, gone to Rangers. Richard Keogh, ex Derby, great signing for MK Dons.

• Members
7 hours ago, tkonion said:

I liked Bridcutt, 31 now though and had injuries. Maybe he had limited options but in any case Lincoln comfortably finished above the relegation zone in League One last season.

I liked Bridcutt, he looked a cut above shame about his injuries 

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

I liked Bridcutt, he looked a cut above shame about his injuries 

Must admit I’d have loved to see Bridcutt in the centre of this ‘new era’ Bolton team. He was a class above the rest of our team last season and genuinely looked too good for L1 when he was in form. Unfortunately he was surrounded by shit and then ridiculously (and the key decision that showed KH had no idea) played at centre back.

I’m sure there’s reasons why we haven’t got him - the main one of which might just be that IE didn’t want him or he didn’t want to come - but he’s one player from our recent past that looked a genuine cut above the rest. I’ll be interested to see how he gets on this season at Lincoln, based on the Twitter comments (I know) they seem to be very happy to have him back!

15 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Apparently he had a “miraculous” season with Chenayiin or whatever they are called, improved their league position and got to the cup final, that got him a move to a better club. 

History repeating perhaps 🙂

Bradford fan on their forum reckons if we had their four strikers we would be happier as they will score more than ours!

For the record hes on about Vaughan (most think hes odds on to leave) Lee Novak, Billy Clarke and wait for it Clayton Donaldson! Reckons those four can fire them to promotion. TBF a fair few Bantams remain sceptical!

• Site Supporter

Vaughan is comparable to Delfouneso, if we were being ultra tight on Faal and say he’s only as much use as Donaldson, that leaves Novak and Clarke or Doyle and Politic/Darcy. 
id rather have just 2 of ours than all 4 of theirs

5 hours ago, Biggish Dave said:

Vaughan is comparable to Delfouneso, if we were being ultra tight on Faal and say he’s only as much use as Donaldson, that leaves Novak and Clarke or Doyle and Politic/Darcy. 
id rather have just 2 of ours than all 4 of theirs

I forgot he’s at Bradford, what were they playing at letting Vaughan and Doyle go out on loan? He did look quality at Bury a few years ago (and Huddersfield before that) but seems to have gone off the boil.  Can’t really compare Fonz to him though, looking at Fonz’s stats he’s not a goal scorer, more comparable to Donaldson in being a support striker and not necessarily playing down the middle. Didn’t realise he’d played for Bury, Burnley and Blackburn.

Jacob Mellis gone to Gillingham, another that passed through this way briefly.  Steve Evans is manager, had him at Mansfield, another "its who you know" transfer.  Ben Pringle to Morecambe, this time last year wasn't he training with us and we were really hoping to sign him. Things have definitely moved on for us.

9 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Jacob Mellis gone to Gillingham, another that passed through this way briefly.  Steve Evans is manager, had him at Mansfield, another "its who you know" transfer.  Ben Pringle to Morecambe, this time last year wasn't he training with us and we were really hoping to sign him. Things have definitely moved on for us.

Good player Pringle to be fair, wouldn't have minded him, think Crawford with a bit more pace.