Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Transfer news elsewhere

Johnnyrotten

31 minutes ago, meanderson93 said:

Aye, but 3 years at £200+k a week isn't the smartest deal I've seen. 

They can afford it and I suspect in reality it’s just like a club like ours giving a 3 yr deal to eoin doyle.

i suspect the people running the two clubs know much better 

• Moderators
6 minutes ago, emus wig said:

Will be a good deal if they can shift Ozil who is supposed to be on £340,000 a week . He really is all that is wrong with modern football great player but idle and has a shocking attitude . 

he rejected the 12.5% pay cut that Arteta and other players took a few months back

though he has said he will stay and see out his contract, so you know, can't knock his loyalty

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Escobarp said:

They can afford it and I suspect in reality it’s just like a club like ours giving a 3 yr deal to eoin doyle.

i suspect the people running the two clubs know much better 

read that Chelsea only offered 2 years, so he went to Arsenal for 3

speaking of Doyle, chatting to an Oldham fan this week, they had him on loan when they were in league one, scored 14 in 30

reckoned he looked a class above at L1 level

On 14/08/2020 at 13:13, ZicoKelly said:

read that Chelsea only offered 2 years, so he went to Arsenal for 3

speaking of Doyle, chatting to an Oldham fan this week, they had him on loan when they were in league one, scored 14 in 30

reckoned he looked a class above at L1 level

It does seem strange that he's never done it at a higher level. I will admit that I've never seen him live, but from looking at videos of his goals, he appears to have the all right attributes - touch, positioning, technique etc.

19 minutes ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Ex Wanderer Danny Ward has left Cardiff and rejoined Huddersfield, 3 year deal.  One 'local' player I always wished we'd kept and given a chance to.  Wouldn't say no to him having a year or 2 with us, maybe when he can no longer get a championship club.

Wasn’t exactly local was he? Thought we nabbed him from Leeds youth team? 😂 

I think he’s done well to forge a career that’s included a season in the prem. 

On 17/08/2020 at 22:36, BWFC_LOVE said:

Wasn’t exactly local was he? Thought we nabbed him from Leeds youth team? 😂 

I think he’s done well to forge a career that’s included a season in the prem. 

Your right he wasnt born around here, he's from Yorkshire, but didnt he play for Athy Colls?  That will do for me, local lad!

Joe Williams signed for Bristol City - "undisclosed fee".  Whatever the fee, they've paid too much.  Dean Holden's first signing too.

I just dont see a championship standard player in him, probably decent Div 1 along with the Velas, Spearings and Lowes, but too limited and inconsistent for anything other than a struggling championship team.

19 hours ago, Johnnyrotten said:

Joe Williams signed for Bristol City - "undisclosed fee".  Whatever the fee, they've paid too much.  Dean Holden's first signing too.

I just dont see a championship standard player in him, probably decent Div 1 along with the Velas, Spearings and Lowes, but too limited and inconsistent for anything other than a struggling championship team.

Either he has improved massively, or we dodged a huuuuuuge bullet with Holden. £2.5m quoted.