Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

1 hour ago, freds dad said:

My better half has a shop on Etsy where she sells face masks along with other stuff. Most of the stuff she sells is Harry Potter but she does a nice range of masks for the gentlemen amongst you.

if you want to order anything then contact me directly for special WW rates.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/JanesCraftHut?ref=shop_sugg

HBAHT? 

2 hours ago, Benny The Ball said:

Not sure If this has been posted elsewhere on here  ?

Proves there is very little new in this world 

Picture taken at at American Football game in 1918 ( Spanish Flu epidemic ) 

View image on Twitter

Where people being the sort of twats that would rather claim they have a respiratory illness than wear one, and argue with strangers about it in them days as well?? Cos I'm seeing a fair bit of that going on, from people I consider friends as well. 

Edited by boogs

It booted off on the train last night when my missus was on way home. Load of yoof got on no masks. Woman took offence to it and the abuse of her started. Yoof didn’t bank on a bloke who was clearly very handy asking them to stop, they refused, so he sparked 3 of them out whilst the others shat it. Won’t be the last incident of such. 

8 hours ago, boogs said:

Where people being the sort of twats that would rather claim they have a respiratory illness than wear one, and argue with strangers about it in them days as well?? Cos I'm seeing a fair bit of that going on, from people I consider friends as well. 

Nothing new under the sun

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Mask_League_of_San_Francisco

6 hours ago, Escobarp said:

It booted off on the train last night when my missus was on way home. Load of yoof got on no masks. Woman took offence to it and the abuse of her started. Yoof didn’t bank on a bloke who was clearly very handy asking them to stop, they refused, so he sparked 3 of them out whilst the others shat it. Won’t be the last incident of such. 

Not a fan of hectoring

10 hours ago, boogs said:

Probably not.  Folk in those days probably wore them because it was the right thing to do, rather than say they're not wearing them because they're uncomfortable and/or they think they look daft.

7 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Were you the clearly handy bloke? I’m not sure ha.

Edited by tomski

On 08/08/2020 at 22:12, jeep said:

Cheeky cunts, robbing your own fans

Cheers. Just doing my bit to help out a Wanderers fan with mental health issues, no income and a house that’s fallen into disrepair. Chose not to play the “proceeds going to.......” card on the marketing. Maybe we should have.

Anyway big thanks to Sir Miami of Sunbed City for doing the roofing work. Just need to sell a few more masks to cover his invoice. And then it’s the turn of our favourite dwarf for the painting if we raise enough.

Enjoy your day gents. 

1 hour ago, DazBob said:

Probably not.  Folk in those days probably wore them because it was the right thing to do, rather than say they're not wearing them because they're uncomfortable and/or they think they look daft.

was a woman in the pub yesterday, openly bragging about having a argument with someone in the shop because she didn't have a mask on, if even half the abuse she claims to have given the guy is true then its out of order. I used to think that she was a decent woman as well (2 eggs on a plate BTW) but she is defo one of these that has been taken in by the "masks are a way for the government to keep the masses in control and oppressed" bullshit brigade.

as I said to her, if you have a problem then see your MP or something, don't be arguing with the people that have to go through the shit with you. it fell on deaf ears though, told me I'm a sheep and all the other bollocks you'd expect.

I should add really, my opinion is that im not convinced by the rules to wear them in shops only. To me it probably should be everywhere or nowhere, however, if it makes the little old woman feel safer to go shopping or get on the bus or if it makes the people working it the shops feel safer at work then ill put one on, its no great hardship really. Just being basically considerate. I don't see why it has to be a big deal to folk. From what I can tell though, the people making the noise about it are the same kind of cranks that believe and rant about these conspiracy theories, says it all really.

26 minutes ago, boogs said:

I should add really, my opinion is that im not convinced by the rules to wear them in shops only. To me it probably should be everywhere or nowhere, however, if it makes the little old woman feel safer to go shopping or get on the bus or if it makes the people working it the shops feel safer at work then ill put one on, its no great hardship really. Just being basically considerate. I don't see why it has to be a big deal to folk. From what I can tell though, the people making the noise about it are the same kind of cranks that believe and rant about these conspiracy theories, says it all really.

Spot on. Can't argue with any of that.

1 hour ago, Smiley said:

Cheers. Just doing my bit to help out a Wanderers fan with mental health issues, no income and a house that’s fallen into disrepair. Chose not to play the “proceeds going to.......” card on the marketing. Maybe we should have.

Anyway big thanks to Sir Miami of Sunbed City for doing the roofing work. Just need to sell a few more masks to cover his invoice. And then it’s the turn of our favourite dwarf for the painting if we raise enough.

Enjoy your day gents. 

But....

...if you'd said you were selling them to help someone down on their luck, you'd probably have got a better response on here.

Just a thought, whilst also realising you can't win either way.

Who is it?

2 hours ago, Traf said:

But....

...if you'd said you were selling them to help someone down on their luck, you'd probably have got a better response on here.

Just a thought, whilst also realising you can't win either way.

Who is it?

Someone who is nameless and doesn’t even realise this is happening for them. 

Miami can vouch though.

Hard to pitch stuff sometimes. Playing the bleeding heart works well at times. Others it puts folk straight off. “Yet another - let’s raise money for x, y, z”. I know I get sick of that. 

• Site Supporter
15 hours ago, Escobarp said:

Bet scummy twats won't put that on twitter.

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, boogs said:

From my own experience I'd say around 50% of people working in shops aren't wearing masks. It makes it all a mockery really, a bit like coppers enforcing social distancing whilst sat or stood next to colleagues without any sign of a mask. 

17 minutes ago, RONNIE PHILLIPS said:

From my own experience I'd say around 50% of people working in shops aren't wearing masks. It makes it all a mockery really, a bit like coppers enforcing social distancing whilst sat or stood next to colleagues without any sign of a mask. 

Another unenforceable law.

Go with your conscience, I think.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

It’s a load of bollocks 

Went shopping today and it simply can’t be policed, some shop owners aren’t arsed as they know it impacts on sales

During my time north of the wall, not a single person not wearing one. Even though they don't like them. 

It doesn't impact on sales if folk can't get served without one anywhere- that's perhaps where the police can do something.

Generally seems to be self policing very well up there.

Purely down to attitude and folk doing the right thing for the common good.

16 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

During my time north of the wall, not a single person not wearing one. Even though they don't like them. 

It doesn't impact on sales if folk can't get served without one anywhere- that's perhaps where the police can do something.

Generally seems to be self policing very well up there.

Purely down to attitude and folk doing the right thing for the common good.

From what you could pick up (and maybe London Wanderer / Escobarp can assist here), is that purely down to the attitude of the people or perhaps the messages of the Politicians (Govt here have been criticised for mixed messages)?

It’s simply not the same down here - I was in a corner shop the other day and I was the only one (of four customers) wearing one. Numerous people in Halfords not wearing them either when I was in over the weekend.

Is it English residents or the London Government who are to blame?