Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Songs of Praise

Cheese

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, Spider said:

The Sunday dread used to kick in just after Songs of Praise finished. It was in full flow during That’s Life and I was suicidal when Spitting Image finished.

It was Antiques Roadshow and Heartbeat for me. Sat in front of the electric fire drying off after having a bath. Keeping as quiet as possible hoping mum and dad would forget I was there so I could stay up a bit longer.

I remember my mam and dad used to let me sneak back down after putting me and my younger brother to bed on a Sunday to get me over the Sunday Dread and once there was some sort of spooky thing on about a dead nun in a rocking chair.

Didn't sleep properly for the next 5 years and never really got on with Sundays after that.

47 minutes ago, ProfessorWoland said:

The only antidote to the despair brought on by hearing the dirges on Songs of Praise was the theme tune to Ski Sunday.  That's why it was there, it was the only thing holding off the collapse of society. 

Superb!! Loved that programme. Not the slightest interest in skiing myself but there was something about it that was fascinating. Probably waiting for someone to disappear into the trees at 100mph